belishabeacons

LONG delay in visa (merged)

38 posts in this topic

My fiancé was approved at the London embassy on 2/27- however, he received his passport back without the visa. Every time we try to call the NVC they just say they're "backed up" and well find out soon.

I'm beginning to worry that maybe he was denied somehow... But then why did they take his passport from him and mail it back?

Does anyone know who I can call? The embassy won't answer questions and the NVC is unhelpful.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Cuba
Timeline

AP is an extended review of a petition.. Additional Processing I wouls assume not sure the correct lingo..

Meaning they are taking a deeper look at your petition.

But there are alot of people who are put into AP status after the interview and there is nothing you can do but wait..

Sometimes it takes days, weeks, months and I have even read on here up to a year.. I wish you luck and hope you can reach someone who can help you figure out what is going on with your case.

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

Interview 11-25-15 - Denied

And Here we go again -

New K1 submitted - 1-9-16

NOA1 - 1-12-16 (according to USCIS)

Text received 1-15-16

hardcopy - not received yet as of 1-26-16

I just received this email:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Embassy records show that on October 21, 2013, the Immigrant Visa Unit sent you a letter notifying you that they are ready to begin processing your application. As of this date, we have not yet received the documents as listed on the Embassy website http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html . Once you have done this, please submit the Notification of Applicant's Readiness form -http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/notification_of_applicant_readiness.html .

In addition to completing and returning the forms to the Immigrant Visa Unit, you are required to undergo a medical examination with the Embassy panel physician. Further information concerning scheduling the appointment is available from our website at http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html . You should expect to receive confirmation of your appointment within six weeks of submitting the aforementioned documentation

Please note that the Embassy was not open for appointments on February 27. Please confirm the service you attended at the appointment on this date."

!!! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!?! We *did* all of that... I'm so confused!

hello all,

my fiance had his visa interview on 2/27, and was approved. they took his passport and sent it back to him, sans visa. when i emailed the embassy about it, they said:

"Embassy records show that on October 21, 2013, the Immigrant Visa Unit sent you a letter notifying you that they are ready to begin processing your application. As of this date, we have not yet received the documents as listed on the Embassy website http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html . Once you have done this, please submit the Notification of Applicant's Readiness form -http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/notification_of_applicant_readiness.html .

In addition to completing and returning the forms to the Immigrant Visa Unit, you are required to undergo a medical examination with the Embassy panel physician. Further information concerning scheduling the appointment is available from our website at http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html . You should expect to receive confirmation of your appointment within six weeks of submitting the aforementioned documentation

Please note that the Embassy was not open for appointments on February 27. Please confirm the service you attended at the appointment on this date."

BUT WE DID ALL THAT! We even completed the interview stage!

What should we do? Who should we call?

Reply back and tell them they are mistaken and list what you submitted and what you attended on what dates.

So are you saying he got the passport AND the packet with all his files in the Do Not Open envelope delivered by the courier? But there is no visa in the passport. If so, then also tell them you have the sealed envelope with the files.

And you also just got the passport and brown envelope this week, 11 weeks after the interview? Had you not ever checked on it before?

Check your CEAC status. Does it say "Issued"?

It is difficult to get a phone call through to anybody that works with the Immigrant visa unit. Perhaps a call to the Dept of State might give you more information of what is in the computer file. They don't answer routine questions about K1 status anymore. But be persistent that there is an error after the interview and the embassy does not take phone calls so you need help.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Reply back and tell them they are mistaken and list what you submitted and what you attended on what dates.

>> I have replied back and informed them that we completed each of the steps, and asked them to review the file.

So are you saying he got the passport AND the packet with all his files in the Do Not Open envelope delivered by the courier? But there is no visa in the passport. If so, then also tell them you have the sealed envelope with the files.
>> All he received back in the mail was his passport. No envelope, no visa-- just the passport. This was nearly six weeks ago. We have been calling the embassy and the NVC nearly daily since then, but only just received this email from the embassy info page.

Check your CEAC status. Does it say "Issued"?
>> The CEAC website is down for me. Is it down for you?

It is difficult to get a phone call through to anybody that works with the Immigrant visa unit. Perhaps a call to the Dept of State might give you more information of what is in the computer file. They don't answer routine questions about K1 status anymore. But be persistent that there is an error after the interview and the embassy does not take phone calls so you need help.

>> I just called them, and they advised me to inform the embassy info unit, who have emailed me, that they need to reopen my file and that there was a mistake.

I'm sorry about all the questions- I did this entire application myself, and was so excited when he was approved! The past 11 weeks without his visa arriving have been hell.

Just checked my CEAC status-- it says "ready" and then lists "Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment."

We already went through the interview stage though!

You need to speak with the Embassy by any means and tell them that there has been a mistake, provide all the evidence you have, that you've had the interview and have been waiting for X amount of time

Make a scan of your interview letter showing the date of appointment, MrV fee confirmation email, DS-160 completion etc - Send them scan of those to show you've done all of it already?

Edited by phem0r

If the embassy was closed on 2/27, then how did you have an interview? Is it possible your fiance is lying or something?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Thank you for the advice. The embassy doesn't really let us speak to anyone though- does anyone have a point of contact?

This is the way to contact them-- the online contact form. http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

Your email reads like the letter they routinely send out when they have a petition from USCIS for 6 months and have received nothing from the beneficiary. It's like a "do you still want a visa?" letter.

If he did submit his DS-160 form, then he has a confirmation. Right? Tell them and give the date. Do you know the date?

He also has a confirmation of paying for the visa. Right? Tell them the details. Give the date.

He had a medical. What date?

He received an interview appointment letter from the embassy? What is the date on the letter?

Construct your message to the embassy with facts, dates, file numbers in chronological order. Your posts left some confusion, so make sure the embassy gets clear and concise information. Then wait for a reply. Maybe they pulled up the wrong file number. Have you confirmed the LND number? Seen it in writing from an official source?

And see if DOS will help since NVC won't.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Two threads merged. Please do not post more than once on a question/ issue. ******

Why are you contacting NVC if the interview already happened?

Do you have the case number? You should be able to see online what the status of the petition/ visa is.

When your fiance went to interview, what was said? Did he get any piece of paper then, or with the passport? How long after interview did he get the passport back?

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.