blackknight1609

Medical Exam Timings !!??

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

As far as I know the medical exam validity is one year. However, the nurse at the medical center advise me to undertake this exam just before one week of the interview. This is making me nervous as I do not like to leave things till the last moments.

my questions are:

Can we do the medical exam before one month of the interview?

Is it too far from the interview? Will the embassy ask us to retake the exam again??

Would you please share your experience

Good luck everyone :)

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

I just looked at your embassy's information and it says that your interview will likely take place about 3-4 months after the petition is received from the NVC. Have you gotten your interview date yet? From what I've read on here, your 6-month K-1 usage window begins ticking down after you've had your medical. The earlier you do it, the more likely you'll have to repeat it, especially if your interview is more than a month or 2 in the future AND you are then put in AP. I don't know how often or for how long that happens with the UAE. There is a chance that you'd have to redo your medical. I wouldn't think it's that big a deal, since your embassy info says it costs $80. (by comparison, Ireland's medical costs just under $550!) I'd suggest taking the nurse's advice. Maybe she's experienced many repeat exams of beneficiaries who did it too soon. But if a week feels too rushed, then perhaps 3-4 weeks before your interview, should you know when that is. IDK if I helped at all. Keep us updated. :)

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I just looked at your embassy's information and it says that your interview will likely take place about 3-4 months after the petition is received from the NVC. Have you gotten your interview date yet? From what I've read on here, your 6-month K-1 usage window begins ticking down after you've had your medical. The earlier you do it, the more likely you'll have to repeat it, especially if your interview is more than a month or 2 in the future AND you are then put in AP. I don't know how often or for how long that happens with the UAE. There is a chance that you'd have to redo your medical. I wouldn't think it's that big a deal, since your embassy info says it costs $80. (by comparison, Ireland's medical costs just under $550!) I'd suggest taking the nurse's advice. Maybe she's experienced many repeat exams of beneficiaries who did it too soon. But if a week feels too rushed, then perhaps 3-4 weeks before your interview, should you know when that is. IDK if I helped at all. Keep us updated. :)

Thank you so much,

Most of the information about the embassy in UAE are outdates. Things seems have changed and I am waiting to make sure everything falls right and I will update the info accordingly.

The cost of the exam now about $500 with all the vaccinations. Not everyone goes through AP process, depends on nationality and individual cases. I will keep you updated for sure.

Thanks for sharing :)

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Thank you so much,

The cost of the exam now about $500 with all the vaccinations. Not everyone goes through AP process, depends on nationality and individual cases. I will keep you updated for sure.

Thanks for sharing :)

YIKES! Well, if it's any consolation, we feel your pain. :crying: As soon as Johan got his packet 3 from the Irish embassy, I made updates. It's frustrating to try to be informed with outdated information. I'm anxious to read about how the rest of your process goes. :)

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.