payxibka

The Kyiv Beat......

787 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Exactly, I was in Terminal C. I knew you were flying out then from your previous posts, and was actually hoping I might see you. Anyway, my previous visits had been through the "Gauntlet" in Terminal B with the line cutting, and standing in line forever. FWAGUY recommended the VIP service and it was worth every bit of the $105 U.S. I spent. I will have Lena and her daughter go that route as well.

May I please ask for more information on what the VIP Service is?

Many Thanks.

Google is your friend

http://www.airport-borispol.kiev.ua/vip/

Just an FYI... out of ODS the VIP is only $60 or $70

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Well Anya and I finally made it to our new home in CA.

Going through customs for her was a hassle at JFK. It took over 2 hours even though the line was not that bad.

I, of course, went through in minutes so I went and gathered our luggage. It took Anya about 1 hour to get to the window to meet the Customs official.

That lady looked at Anya's paperwork for about 15 minutes then assigned her to a room for a "Secondary Passport Control". This is where it got tricky.

I also saw other K1 folks in the line, they all got sent to the Secondary Passport Control so I dont know if this was normal or not.

I asked if I could enter the room and they told me yes. Anya had no idea why she was there, so I stood up, left the room to go ask some questions and this is where the custom guy was very rude to me. Before I could ask a question, he told me it was either in or out, I cant be coming and going. So I chose out due to our luggage being alone out there. Nothing I could do for Anya in there anyway.

So a customs guy passes me about 30 minutes later (at this time I feel like I am the only one left in the in customs area) he said "how are you doing", being courteous and all. I told him, "you know, now I understand why foreigners hate America" He said "why"? I told him because they are the first ones that they meet when they get here, and they are very rude and scare them to death. He said not all and I told him it only takes one. I told him my story, then I asked him if I could ask him a question. My question was about the "work stamp", he stated that they give the stamp to all K1 holders however some agents due miss giving them. So just check your I-94 form, and it should be in the back, if not go back and see an agent and ask for the stamp. They will not deny it for you. I asked him if they do that at all airports and he stated he did not know.

Anya finally got out of secondary passport control, they never asked her anything, I can't tell you what they did, but the 4 K1 ladies all left at the same exact time. So I was able to get the ladies over to the right place to pick up there luggage. One lady was very worried as she was to meet her future husband outside the airport. I was assuming it was just outside passport control. Anyways, I told her to follow us.

We still had to go through customs for our luggage, but her is where my luck was with us. The guy I asked all the questions was working that area, so he took our declarations page and asked for Anya's passport, he showed me the stamp(which I looked at it earlier) and told me this is where it was. Then told me we were allowed to go. :) so nobody had to look at our luggage! :)

We got out of there at 4:08 pm our flight was scheduled to leave at 4:11 pm. Umm we were running. I will make this short, all the running was for nothing as our plane was 45 minutes late!

We made it to LAX at 10 pm, and did not leave until midnight as they lost one of Anya's bags, she was so upset, thinking she was not going to have some important items. After I reported the bag missing, I told Anya to wait for me and I went on a hunt. I checked all carousels (ours arrived at #4), I found Anya's bag at carousel #1. :) Yup, they made a mistake, go figure.

Anyways, it was a long trip, and we immediately went to bed when we got home.

Regards,

T

Sounds like our experience at JFK with immigration. It was an annoying process, but alltogether routine and uneventful.

How did Anya like Disney?

About the work stamp on the I-94, here's a new one:

Tania received her SSN number on an official SSN card last Monday. A stamp on it says: "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION." The authorization is the work stamp you are referring to, which Tania received.

Last Monday PM, I went to a FlagStar Bank in Ka'zoo Michigan to assist Tania to open her first bank account. The assistant manager of the branch said the SSN could not be used, because it said "VALID FOR WORK ONLY" and was not a true TIN/SSN.

LOL :huh::rolleyes::lol: LOL!

Rob and Tania

Join a free international relationship forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RussianBrideList (http://tinyurl.com/yagk6wu)

The RBL is a forum of 1,400+ members(married, searching and single) in active discussions about emigration/immigration concerns

and visas, East-West Relations, EE history. Current topics include immigration issues, learning the language, children in American

schools, deals on apartments and airfare when visiting the former Soviet Union(especially Ukraine and Russia), and more!

100% free from support by commercial interests.

2007-01-19 I-129F Sent to Nebraska to sponsor fiancee in Kiev

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-05-18 NVC receives application

2007-07-03 Interview went off without a snag! K-1 visa APPROVED

2007-07-10 International passport with K-1 visa received from courier

2007-07-17 Entered U.S. at JFK

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

2007-10-06 NOA1 for AOS and EAD, 12-10 EAD Card ordered per USCIS site, and THREE CRIS emails

2008-03-26 Effortless and pleasant AOS I-485 interview in Detroit APPROVED!

2009-09-18 Tania's first visit home, eager to get back to the U.S. due to poor living conditions in Ukraine

2010-01-25 Mailed I-751 for "Lifting of Conditions" AKA 10 year green card

2010-02-08 Biometrics appointment NOA, 02-15 Biometrics appointment, simple and quick

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Sounds like our experience at JFK with immigration. It was an annoying process, but alltogether routine and uneventful.

Tania received her SSN number on an official SSN card last Monday. A stamp on it says: "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION." The authorization is the work stamp you are referring to, which Tania received.

Last Monday PM, I went to a FlagStar Bank in Ka'zoo Michigan to assist Tania to open her first bank account. The assistant manager of the branch said the SSN could not be used, because it said "VALID FOR WORK ONLY" and was not a true TIN/SSN.

Rob and Tania

She just loved Disneyland, we got there at 8 am and left at 10:30 pm. We got to go on alot of rides and visit many shows as well.

I was having just as much fun because my last couple of girlfriends never liked riding rides, like if it was beneath them?

Anyways she had a blast but I had caught a cold the night before so I was dead tired, she kept wanting to go home but I could not ruin it for her. I stuck it out, I was so sick I called in sick to work the next day. Anyways I am better now and because of our meet ups that I had been going to, she has a new Russian friend. About 24 years old and married as well. They have already seen each other a couple of times. They will both come to see me play soccer tomorrow and then go shopping for wedding invitations. (I will stay out of that one).

Anya constantly gets people to tell her how beautiful she is, I respond by telling them "What about me!"

Of course they look at me funny.

We will go for her SS this week, maybe Thur/Fri. So you never got the bank account open?

Did they need to see the SS? When ever they ask me I just blurt out the numbers, I hardly ever show them.

Maybe it is different now.

I know Tania has been corresponding with Anya via phone and emails too, she is really enjoying that :)

I think she sent over a Disney picture too. :)

Regards,

T.

Personal Timeline

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Ukraine

2007-01-08 I-129F Sent

2007-01-15 Check Cashed

2007-01-17 NOA1 Received

2007-01-19 Touched

2007-01-19 Wedding Dress Purchased :)

2007-04-19 TOUCHED!

2007-04-19 NOA2 Approval Email!

2007-04-20 TOUCHED!

2007-04-27 NOA2 Received via Snail Mail!

2007-05-07 NVC Received Packet

2007-05-09 NVC Sent Packet to Kiev

2007-05-29 Kiev Receives Packet

2007-05-30 I called Kiev and scheduled Interview

2007-05-30 Interview date of July 16th Given!

2007-06-05 Purchased plane tickets for Interview

2007-07-16 Interview Day! Approved!

2007-08-04 I arrived in Kyiv

2007-08-06 Anya and I leave Kyiv for USA

2007-08-06 Arrive in USA and pass customs!

2007-08-10 Wedding date scheduled for Sept. 1

2007-08-20 Application for Social Security.

2007-08-27 Received Social Security Card.

2007-09-01 Married! :)

Timeline

Karolina passed her interview today. I spoke to her for only a few minutes. I'll have more info tomorrow when she returns home from Kiev. We're very happy we've reached this point. Next stop, Odessa on the 24th. :D

T., glad to see Anya is settling in good ;)

Edited by JoeMama

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Karolina passed her interview today. I spoke to her for only a few minutes. I'll have more info tomorrow when she returns home from Kiev. We're very happy we've reached this point. Next stop, Odessa on the 24th. :D

Outstanding and Congrats Joe! Looking forward to hearing more about it!

Eric

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Timeline

Rob and Tania

She just loved Disneyland, we got there at 8 am and left at 10:30 pm. We got to go on alot of rides and visit many shows as well.

I was having just as much fun because my last couple of girlfriends never liked riding rides, like if it was beneath them?

Anyways she had a blast but I had caught a cold the night before so I was dead tired, she kept wanting to go home but I could not ruin it for her. I stuck it out, I was so sick I called in sick to work the next day. Anyways I am better now and because of our meet ups that I had been going to, she has a new Russian friend. About 24 years old and married as well. They have already seen each other a couple of times. They will both come to see me play soccer tomorrow and then go shopping for wedding invitations. (I will stay out of that one).

Anya constantly gets people to tell her how beautiful she is, I respond by telling them "What about me!"

Of course they look at me funny.

We will go for her SS this week, maybe Thur/Fri. So you never got the bank account open?

Did they need to see the SS? When ever they ask me I just blurt out the numbers, I hardly ever show them.

Maybe it is different now.

I know Tania has been corresponding with Anya via phone and emails too, she is really enjoying that :)

I think she sent over a Disney picture too. :)

Regards,

T.

It sounds like you gave Anya a great "Welcome to America." Tanya will love getting a photo of you and Anya from Disney. I've worked hard to be sure Tania keeps communication channels open with former friends and acquaintences in Ukraine and make a few new friends here in the U.S. It must be VERY difficult for these women in a completely foreign country that will be their new home. Being severely homesick is rather expected, I think.

Tania has her 1st bank account open, but we have not been able to access the account by phone or the 'Net yet. We have to talk to an actual customer service rep to check the balance. It's taken three visits to open the account so far. If we must visit again to get on-line access, it will be 4 visits!

The bank officer opening the account did not need to see the SSN card. We used it for one of two required proof of addresses since the card was attached to a sheet with our address. The other was signed lease beginning the 15th.

I could not believe the assistant manager of the branch said the SSN was not real because she was not a citizen. He said the number was only for work, as the card said. :blink:

Rob & Tania

Edited by SkyMas

Join a free international relationship forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RussianBrideList (http://tinyurl.com/yagk6wu)

The RBL is a forum of 1,400+ members(married, searching and single) in active discussions about emigration/immigration concerns

and visas, East-West Relations, EE history. Current topics include immigration issues, learning the language, children in American

schools, deals on apartments and airfare when visiting the former Soviet Union(especially Ukraine and Russia), and more!

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

2007-10-06 NOA1 for AOS and EAD, 12-10 EAD Card ordered per USCIS site, and THREE CRIS emails

2009-09-18 Tania's first visit home, eager to get back to the U.S. due to poor living conditions in Ukraine

2010-02-08 Biometrics appointment NOA, 02-15 Biometrics appointment, simple and quick

Timeline

Outstanding and Congrats Joe! Looking forward to hearing more about it!

Eric

Thanks Eric. You're next man! :thumbs:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Timeline

That Assistant Manager sounds like a Moron. I'm certain we'll run into plenty of them. The ones I am waiting for most are the ones asking Lena "Oh are you a Mail Order Bride?" Lena is a fluent English speaker and I am certain will handle that fine...maybe with a torrent of Russian or Ukrainian profanity mixed in as well.

IR-5

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
That Assistant Manager sounds like a Moron. I'm certain we'll run into plenty of them. The ones I am waiting for most are the ones asking Lena "Oh are you a Mail Order Bride?" Lena is a fluent English speaker and I am certain will handle that fine...maybe with a torrent of Russian or Ukrainian profanity mixed in as well.

Gee... I didn't know that simply being a fluent English speaker was sufficient enough to eliminate the MOB moniker... Thanks E, that is good info..... :)

YMMV

Timeline

It wasn't only the assistant mangler at the branch! We called the cuss service, they said the same. We had to go into a full service location to show more docs since Tania does not have a driver's license or state ID. This is where the bank officer said Tania's SSN was not acceptable. Either it's bank/company policy, or she was reading the assistant mangler's notes and repeating them to us.

Unbelievable, man.

Rob and Tania

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

Timeline
Gee... I didn't know that simply being a fluent English speaker was sufficient enough to eliminate the MOB moniker... Thanks E, that is good info..... :)

It's amazing how the MOB view remains. To me, I met Tania through online personals. Same as Yahoo Personals, match.com, so on. My brother met his wife on Yahoo. The only difference as I see it, is Tania's simply from Europe.

Rob and Tania

2007-01-26 NOA1

2007-05-10 NOA2 Approved

2007-09-07 MARRIED!

Timeline

Wise Guy.

IR-5

Timeline

Went today to get a SS, it was really a NON Event.

I already pulled the application from the web, filled it out completely. Also took with me printouts of the Web just in case they gave me grief about her having a SS, I would point out to the Immigration docs from the SS web page etc.. but I was never given any grief at all.

We took all her documentation, just in case.

When we were called to the window, I handed the lady the application, along with the Passport and her Original Birth Certificate. (because thats what the web page stated they needed, so why wait for them to ask?)

I was listening to other folks(before we were called up) and I overheard the lady telling one man that the SS office does there own translations, so they want the original one Birth Certificate so thats what I pulled out, left the translated one in our folder.

So basically I gave all this to her, she said thank you and typed away for about 4 minutes, said she would be right back, (went to make a photo copy of Birth Certificate) and came back gave us Anya a paper to sign and date. That was it, she told us in 7 to 10 days she will get SS card.

She never asked us a question.

However I did make sure Anya's "Alien Number" was available. It just happened to be handwritten just above her US Visa, I think the Embassy either did it or the customs agent. I stated this because another couple I know had an issue because they could not give them the Alien number at the time.

All said and done, now we wait.

Its great to be prepared!

T

Personal Timeline

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Ukraine

2007-01-08 I-129F Sent

2007-01-15 Check Cashed

2007-01-17 NOA1 Received

2007-01-19 Touched

2007-01-19 Wedding Dress Purchased :)

2007-04-19 TOUCHED!

2007-04-19 NOA2 Approval Email!

2007-04-20 TOUCHED!

2007-04-27 NOA2 Received via Snail Mail!

2007-05-07 NVC Received Packet

2007-05-09 NVC Sent Packet to Kiev

2007-05-29 Kiev Receives Packet

2007-05-30 I called Kiev and scheduled Interview

2007-05-30 Interview date of July 16th Given!

2007-06-05 Purchased plane tickets for Interview

2007-07-16 Interview Day! Approved!

2007-08-04 I arrived in Kyiv

2007-08-06 Anya and I leave Kyiv for USA

2007-08-06 Arrive in USA and pass customs!

2007-08-10 Wedding date scheduled for Sept. 1

2007-08-20 Application for Social Security.

2007-08-27 Received Social Security Card.

2007-09-01 Married! :)

Timeline

Hey a question regarding the SSN. Is it better to wait until after Marriage to apply? This way would avoid the name change situation later. Any thoughts? Wisconsin doesn't require a SSN for the Marriage license.

Edited by etripke

IR-5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.