VOL

I -129 K1 - Mulitply Filer- General Waiver

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filing out the I 129F Part 3.

It says you need to submit a general waiver if you have submitted 2 or more K1 Visa

I had a K1 approved in 2008 we did the AOS and we divorced in 2011

I filed another K1 May 9th, 2012, and it was approved March 2013, We stopped talking somewhere around December 2012 and I decided to end the relationship.

On April 8th 2014 I sent a Withdrawl Letter to the US Embassy in Manila to cancel my K1 Visa and to withdrew from consideration at the US Embassy in Manila

So has anyone done a General Waiver Letter ? - Per Instructions on I-129 it says I need to submit a General Waiver - Signed and Dated request for the waiver, and explain why a waiver is appropriate

I have no criminal History

Any Input?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It's just a general letter describing similar to above. If you case numbers to add, that would be best.

I'll refrain from commenting on the number and time frequency. those questions might be raised at the interview.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did a waiver request too, and it worked. It is a business letter on plain paper, signed by you (make sure they get your original inked signature).

In my case, neither one made it to the interview. The first one was pre-IMBRA, where my fiance did not break up but instead gave me no choice but to end it. She became hostile and uncooperative while in Moscow (she was there on my dime), where she was supposed to get her interview and medical but refused both without explanation. After that she became uncommunicative.

The second one told me she changed her mind 3 days after NOA2 approval (thanks for nothing) after promising me many times that she would never ever do that to me.

I sent a waiver request showing that neither failure was my fault and in fact both were against my wishes and over my objection.

The waiver got approved without comment.

BTW you could have avoided the need for the waiver by pulling the plug on the second one before the NOA2. You had four months to do that but sat on your hands while the NOA2 was issued. Pre NOA2, these things do not count.

Just so you know, you will have to ask for 2 waivers, not one. First is that this is your 3rd petition, second is that your second NOA2 came less than 2 years ago.

I did not have the 2 year problem as my second NOA2 was 2 years 5 months before my third filing.

I have also done a waiver request. This is what I wrote in my waiver request letter. I had no problems and was approved in 13 days.

RE: General Waiver for multiple filers

To Whom It May Concern:

In compliance with the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA), I respectfully request for

a waiver on the filing limitations in connection with my current petition. A waiver is appropriate in my

circumstance because I have no criminal history with regard to the “specified crimes” under IMBRA.

I have one prior approved Form I-129F for (NAME), A# XXXXXX, receipt number

XXXXXXXX. This petition was approved on (DATE), and resulted in a K-1 visa being granted on

(DATE). The beneficiary entered the United States on (DATE) and we married (DATE).

Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) was sent with a receipt date of

(DATE).

The beneficiary abandoned the marital home on (DATE) and efforts to reconcile have been unsuccessful.

A Dissolution of Marriage was filed (DATE) with a final divorce decree received (DATE). The original

I-129F petition, as well as form I-864 (Affidavit of Support) was withdrawn in (DATE), before a decision

was made concerning the I-485 application.

Evidence to support this waiver includes:

• Copy of divorce decree

• Copy of letter from USCIS confirming the withdrawal of previous I-129F and I-864

Thank you for your kind consideration of my request.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Most waivers are granted; I can't remember reading anything about any that did not.......now visas being denied at the interview phase, yes we've seen that (some based on the belief that the petitioner was engaging in visa fraud multiple times and some others believed to merely protect the beneficiary from the petitioner).

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have a similar situation like yours? I also need help? how can I post my questions?

can anyone please let me know so I wouldn't have to be replying to others post.

Please and thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread is now closed to further comments.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.