Marry American

Ownership

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiance and me. Or my fiance and I . . .

That is how I will refer to him. Maybe even my man. But for sure, I will not say my Moroccan. To me the signals a sense of ownersip. How can one this day and age own another human being? I have been reading several messages and though not commenting, I have enjoyed them all. You guys seem to have some real online friendships going on.

My moroccan is just like saying my chinese girl, my Jamaican, my Russian, My African, my American. Is it just me or do these terms not sound right to others?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey how ya doing, wondered where you been, does kinda make them sound like an item of ownership

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

That is how I will refer to him. Maybe even my man. But for sure, I will not say my Moroccan. To me the signals a sense of ownersip. How can one this day and age own another human being? I have been reading several messages and though not commenting, I have enjoyed them all. You guys seem to have some real online friendships going on.

My moroccan is just like saying my chinese girl, my Jamaican, my Russian, My African, my American. Is it just me or do these terms not sound right to others?

I agree with you and have often wondered why people refer to their spouses that way. They may not mean it but it sure sounds bad. Now where is my Jordanian, lol. :devil:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi guys, haven't posted in a while. Seems like when your husband finally gets to America there are a lot of adjustments to make, not including what you already had before he got here.

I agree, but just to add a little touch to this, my husband is a Jordanian and proud of it. He comes from a very peaceful country with a great Monarch on top of it all. He actually beams when I call him my Jordanian, makes him feel like he's King of Jordan. The Middle Eastern's are proud of who they are and they consider themselves, just that. They love their homeland and love being reminded who they are. True, it does sound like we are labeling, but in actuallity, they love it. When I tell my husband, I love my Jordanian man, he smiles and his eyes light up. It's a recognition thing, I think. For so many years, they have felt down-graded I guess. They also love to be called Arab too, they are proud of it!

How is everyone on this board? My husband works nights now and I have time to hang out. Whew Hew!

Andrea

PS JP, what's happening with your fiance?

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nothing happening at all, we are pending. :(

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Well some people feel they have ownership over their SOs... and maybe some other refer to their SO in this way in a form of expressing their love. But if a couple were do this public, to the point of shame then of course that is wrong.

Filed: Timeline

I know alot of women married to moroccans who refer to their husbands as their moroccan - and I know its not because of ownership - its because moroccans just have such special :) personalities that it is fun to refer to them as their moroccan vs. their husband because the moroccan bit distinguishes them!!!

I know a woman when frustrated with her stubborn husband will email me and say can you believe what my moroccan or my moroccan husband did today - and its because she equates his stubbornness to a moroccanism....

Timeline
I must not be paying attention because I haven't seen anyone write "my Moroccan".

There's a thread with that in the topic right now! :lol:

ok ok, besides that. I just saw it right now... oopsies!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:lol: I call my fiance "my Brazilian" sometimes. More often I call him "my ruivo" (Portuguese for redhead) or "my Paulista" (name for someone from São Paulo state). When I say it I mean it as a joke because it totally sounds like he's my pet. He calls me his gringa. :P

Timeline

I agree with you and have often wondered why people refer to their spouses that way. They may not mean it but it sure sounds bad. Now where is my Jordanian, lol. :devil:

That is funny :D

Timeline
Hi guys, haven't posted in a while. Seems like when your husband finally gets to America there are a lot of adjustments to make, not including what you already had before he got here.

I agree, but just to add a little touch to this, my husband is a Jordanian and proud of it. He comes from a very peaceful country with a great Monarch on top of it all. He actually beams when I call him my Jordanian, makes him feel like he's King of Jordan. The Middle Eastern's are proud of who they are and they consider themselves, just that. They love their homeland and love being reminded who they are. True, it does sound like we are labeling, but in actuallity, they love it. When I tell my husband, I love my Jordanian man, he smiles and his eyes light up. It's a recognition thing, I think. For so many years, they have felt down-graded I guess. They also love to be called Arab too, they are proud of it!

How is everyone on this board? My husband works nights now and I have time to hang out. Whew Hew!

Andrea

Very good. I would hate to be referred to by my fiance as his black girl or his African American. I have a name and do not need to be reminded of where I am from.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know that it is off the topic but just wondering how was Morocco...Its good to see you back and I hope that you had great time with your fiance...

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline

I know that it is off the topic but just wondering how was Morocco...Its good to see you back and I hope that you had great time with your fiance...

Dorothy

I had a wonderful time with my fiance. He spoils me. I do not have to lift a finger for a change. It is so much fun just being catered too. I will want him to cook and clean for me here all the time. I do not think It will happen, lol. Thanks for asking.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.