56 posts in this topic

I am so sorry if I came off as insensitive. I understand your frustration and your longing to be with your fiancé. I swear I didn't mean to sound like that. That's just the way it is with TSC. they're slow

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I understand how you feel,i cry almost every day :cry: . I know that we have our whole lives to be together after this process,but some how at this time it makes nothing easier. I have total faith that God has brought us this far,he will bring us through :energy:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

It's getting depressing seeing all the quick CSC approvals when we're all still patiently waiting our turn. Getting harder to grin and bear it when we applied at the same time & they're already approved :(

We filed April 23rd & received NOA1 on April 29th.

hehe my fiance and I are waiting since January... :clock:

K-1 visa, TSC:

NOA-1 - January 24, 2014

NOA-2 - July 25, 2014

Case shipped to NVC (Department of State actually) - July 31, 2014

Paper copy of NOA-2 received - August 2, 2014

NVC Case Creation Date - August 11, 2014 (as it says on CEAC website)

NVC Ready Status - August 18, 2014

Administrative Processing status - August 28, 2014

Medical - September 8, 2014

Interview - September 12, 2014 . Approved!!! :dancing:

Visa in hand - September 17, 2014

Flight to the USA - October 1, 2014

Wedding - December 6, 2014 (L)

Adjustment of Status:

Documents sent - April 12,2015

USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (email, text) - April 27,2015

Biometrics for AOS - May 20, 2015

RFE in the mail - May 23,2015

Biometrics for EAD (yep, sh*t happens) - June 23,2015

Notice of approval for EAD in mail - June 30,2015

EAD in mail - July 13, 2015

Avance Parole in mail - July 24,2015

Ready to schedule for interview - July 20, 2015

USCIS letter with interview date - August 22,2015

AOS interview date - September 24,2015

Approved! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Welcome letter in mail - September 29,2015

Green card in mail - October 2, 2015

Think of the folks that have been married for years and have children and have waited close to a year or more to be re-united. The I-129s and K-1s are getting processed faster than the I-130s IR1/CR1s so that's already an advantage regardless of the service center. Then factor in the crazy starts and stops of the service centers along with the year wait back log that was really just reduced in the last few months. Frankly speaking, anyone going for a K-1 now is in a wonderful position comparatively to most folks that have gone through this during the last 18 months. Focus on that. Your blessed really. Even if there are other folks getting approved in a few weeks time, just getting the NOA2 at 5 months or less is pretty awesome.

Edited by mdzcpa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have bad news for you, if you think that you will have a "turn key job" in 5 months, get a grip, there is the NVC, medical, interview, and what ever your country calls for.

My wife is from the Philippines, and it still took 10 months and 4 days, before POE, being at TSC, is just like we were at VSC, more than likely, at least 8 months!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

The hardest part for me at this point is making commitments at home. I am about to graduate and since I cannot work fulltime I asked my current employer to extend my grad contract. Basically meaning I wont make the 2200-2700 all the rest will make. I'll be working below my countries minimal salary but I get experience. But its weird because I cannot tell him my exit day.

I just have to keep trucking and stay strong for both me and my fiancee. In the end it will all be worth. Right now its just frustrating and I wish I could ask for a CS change.

Thank y'all..I wrote my fiancé practically in tears. I just didn't understand why I was getting attacked for something other people were saying too. It's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling like this & y'all understand what I was talking about because you're going through this too. My fiancé asked about the contacting the congressman thing but honestly I think it's way too early. Then again, if writing about the time frame discrepancies, it's not too early as we've seen countless people (from other countries besides the Phillipines) getting very quick approvals. I understood when it was just the Phillipines because of the typhoon. But I got to looking & there were a lot of other countries getting approved just as quickly. Not expecting anything but months ahead, but it still sucks.

I and many others who are in your situation being at TSC know EXACTLY how you feel with this trust me. It's a very emotional and hardening situation that you are forced to be put through with very little way of being heard or changing the waiting times. It does not hurt to contact your representative to state your concerns and opinions in a friendly manner as you are entitled to do so as an American regardless of how long you have been waiting. Please don't let some of the people here get to you if they are coming off as rude, I just ignore them and go about my business. I know that this is easier said than done, and we all know this is the case but we honestly have no control over this taking so long.... harsh reality but it's something we have to force ourselves to accept that this is just the way it is. You hang in there alright and know you have plenty of people here that support you.

I-129F Petition
Service Center: Texas Service Center
I-129F Sent: 3/17/14
I-129F NOA1: 3/24/14
Alien Registration Number Changed: 3/25/14
I-129F NOA2: 8/25/14
Sent to NVC: 8/28/14
NVC Received: 9/8/14
Case # Assigned: 9/9/14
Left NVC: 9/11/14
Consulate Received: 9/16/14
Packet 3 Received (Instructions/Checklist): 9/19/14
Packet 3 Completed: 9/23/14
Medical Scheduled: 10/15/14
Packet 4 Received (Appointment Date): 10/2/14
Interview Date (Helsinki Consulate): 10/27/14
Interview Result: APPROVED!
Visa Received: 10/31/14
POE/Baltimore (BWI): 12/9/14
Married: 1/12/15

Adjustment of Status I-485
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-485 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
Check Cashed by USCIS: 2/2/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
Letter from DHS Advising of Potentially no Interview Required for our Case: 6/15/15
Case Transferred to Kansas City Missouri Field Office: 1/26/16
RFE Received Wanting a New Vaccination Supplement: 2/4/16
Appointment Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/15/16
Appointment Cancelled due to Weather Conditions: 2/15/16
Appointment Re-Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/16/16
Civil Surgeon Completed I-693 Vaccination Supplement Needed: 2/16/16
RFE Response Sent to Kansas City Field Office via USPS: 2/16/16
Delivered to USCIS Field Office by USPS: 2/19/16
Signed Return Receipt Receipt in Mail from USCIS: 2/22/16
I-485 Notification Application APPROVED - No Interview: 2/23/16
NOA 2 Approval Notice Received Through Mail: 2/27/16
Green Card Sent Through Mail Notification: 2/26/16
Received Card in Mail: 3/2/16

Employment Authorization I-765
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-765 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
EAD Approved: 3/30/15
Received Card in Mail: 4/8/15
---------------------------------------------
Sent Renewal I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 1/30/16
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2/3/16
NOA 1: 2/8/16
Biometrics Appointment: 3/2/16
No need to get them done due to getting Green Card

Removal of Conditions on Residence I-751
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
I-751 Sent: 1/16/18
Delivered to Center: 1/19/18
 NOA 1: 1/24/18
Case Approved: 4/2/19
GC Received in Mail: 4/15/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

From what I have read thus far about TSC from VJ forums, there seems to be no order in which they process the Visas. I too am just as frustrated and angry with how slow this process is (typical bureaucracy).

Just be glad there are no government shutdowns and that things are cooling off in Ukraine (which has almost no bearing on K-1 Visas).

I think it's not that people are attacking you, but for someone that just filled in and to feel depressed already it might sound a little disrespectful toward other filers earlier than you. Like in my case, I filled in Jan and still waiting, but I dont complain cause I know some fillers from last year October are still waiting. So I think you just have to be careful with your words, considering it is a delicate moment for everybody here. I cry everyday too, and it's frustrating not have a date to see my fiance... But I try to stay positive, you have to ignore CSC, honestly TSC filers shouldn't even look at CSC forums..it is way too depressive. TSC isn't a regular service center...it is a very very slow service center. Just create a TSC whatever month forum, and you will get lots of encouragement from those who are going through to the exact same agony. Hope you have a great journey, remember that all this waiting will be worth it at the end...~ Good luck to you! :D

Meghan, I sympathize with you. But I can offer you plenty of ideas on how to keep yourself from obsessing over something you have no control or influence over, if you want. My daily routine is that I check my registered profile on USCIS website once per day in the morning, only on business days. I have my Case tied into it, so I can see when the last update was. I never see a change. I don't expect to see one. I no longer even hope to see a change. I just check it because it is the quickest way that I will likely notice a change. In no way does that mean I'm not all butterflied up in the stomach at the thought of being reunited with my Fiancee. I just mean that by not hoping to see an update, I'm not disappointed when I don't see one. Undoubtedly, it has taken some time for me to get to this point, but I'm here so... I go to a gym 3-5 times per week. That allows me to vent frustration physically, which is awesome, while also working on my body at the same time. It also kills a lot of time & makes the days pass by much quicker for me. I also play video games, another time waster. I have other methods. But in a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is, you're gonna have to wait & there's nothing you can do about it. So my recommendation? Figure out another way to pass your time than worrying about this.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: P-3 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

It's getting depressing seeing all the quick CSC approvals when we're all still patiently waiting our turn. Getting harder to grin and bear it when we applied at the same time & they're already approved :(

We filed April 23rd & received NOA1 on April 29th.

OMG..please sit down for this...you are looking at 5-7 months from today for the TSC to even look at your paperwork..they are working on 11/16/13 filings as of 5/13/14...

Timeline

I think it's not that people are attacking you, but for someone that just filled in and to feel depressed already it might sound a little disrespectful toward other filers earlier than you. Like in my case, I filled in Jan and still waiting, but I dont complain cause I know some fillers from last year October are still waiting. So I think you just have to be careful with your words, considering it is a delicate moment for everybody here. I cry everyday too, and it's frustrating not have a date to see my fiance... But I try to stay positive, you have to ignore CSC, honestly TSC filers shouldn't even look at CSC forums..it is way too depressive. TSC isn't a regular service center...it is a very very slow service center. Just create a TSC whatever month forum, and you will get lots of encouragement from those who are going through to the exact same agony. Hope you have a great journey, remember that all this waiting will be worth it at the end...~ Good luck to you! :D

That's what this post was supposed to be for. It was supposed to be for those people on the April Filers thread that were constantly seeing the CSC people come back & say approved after DAYS. It was meant for the TSC people to come here. I made the post, posted the link in the April Filers Thread & then someone came on & said there already was one for TSC. I couldn't delete this post & here we are. Yeah, they were attacking. For the millionth time, I was referring to seeing the CSC people being approved that quickly as to what was depressing. Not that I haven't had that same approval already. I DID NOT AND DO NOT EXPECT THAT.

Meghan, I sympathize with you. But I can offer you plenty of ideas on how to keep yourself from obsessing over something you have no control or influence over, if you want. My daily routine is that I check my registered profile on USCIS website once per day in the morning, only on business days. I have my Case tied into it, so I can see when the last update was. I never see a change. I don't expect to see one. I no longer even hope to see a change. I just check it because it is the quickest way that I will likely notice a change. In no way does that mean I'm not all butterflied up in the stomach at the thought of being reunited with my Fiancee. I just mean that by not hoping to see an update, I'm not disappointed when I don't see one. Undoubtedly, it has taken some time for me to get to this point, but I'm here so... I go to a gym 3-5 times per week. That allows me to vent frustration physically, which is awesome, while also working on my body at the same time. It also kills a lot of time & makes the days pass by much quicker for me. I also play video games, another time waster. I have other methods. But in a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is, you're gonna have to wait & there's nothing you can do about it. So my recommendation? Figure out another way to pass your time than worrying about this.

I don't check it religiously. I know I have a looong wait ahead of me so once I got my NOA1, I quit obsessing. I'll check it once or twice a day. But not a thousand times a day like I was when waiting for NOA1. I wasn't trying to say that its depressing I haven't gotten NOA2. I was saying its depressing that we have to see the CSC approvals & know that's not possible.

OMG..please sit down for this...you are looking at 5-7 months from today for the TSC to even look at your paperwork..they are working on 11/16/13 filings as of 5/13/14...

Please go back and read. I have obviously said countless times that I DO NOT EXPECT A QUICK APPROVAL. I am FULLY AWARE that I will be in for a MONTHS long wait. Y'all are beating a freakin dead horse here.

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Timeline

To those that have posted with encouraging things & for coming on & saying you understand what I was trying to say & not be rude or sarcastic like the others, thank you. Never thought this would turn into such a huge ordeal when I was just looking for other people that feel the same about the CSC approvals & knowing we don't have hope for that. Thank you to the ones that have been nice & supportive :blush:

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
it's depressing because being at TSC means we have no hope for a NOA2 that quick

Things can change, sometimes quickly. We were sent to Vermont last year for processing; our NOA1 happened April 16...and then nothing. We, and everyone else at Vermont, just sort of sat and twiddled our thumbs while cases that had been transferred to Texas zipped along quickly. And then on July 10, we got a note that we were transferred to TSC, and our NOA2 came two weeks later, and people grr'd and wished they were us and why couldn't they get transferred to TSC where everything was fast. The difference a year, eh? :lol:

Each center ebbs and flows, and they hit their point where they're not processing within their target window and then paperwork gets shuffled elsewhere. The now-husband and I realized early on that comparing ourselves to anyone else, here or on any other immigration board, was a BAD idea: each case is unique (just like each relationship). Instead, we decided we would expect the worst: we would anticipate the longest time for processing, we would give the maximum requested information, and we would always assume having to prove our relationship to the toughest critic.

In gaming terms, we assumed we were playing on the hardest level.

And you know what? It really, really helped. Because I stopped feeling guilty when our case surged ahead of others who filed at the same time...and I stopped being cross when other people passed me up. It's not the sort of race where being first matters, it's the kind where getting across the finish line is all that matters. :) Unless you happen to know for a fact that someone sent in an application that is EXACTLY LIKE YOURS IN EVERY SINGLE WAY, just... don't compare. Kvetch and muse and support, but save the cranky for the days when you've finished filling out an inch thick stack of paperwork, and your cat vomits over the entire thing. :sleepy:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.