maklein

what are acceptable forms of income?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Duplicate thread removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Do you file taxes on that income? Are you classified as an independent contractor? How about just using her as a co sponsor?

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Timeline

Do you file taxes on that income? Are you classified as an independent contractor? How about just using her as a co sponsor?

I didn't begin doing it yet

i am just her son living with her, helping her already

so i figured since i need money to sponsor,

i can be paid for this by her

i don't think i am an independent contractor

- i don't know what that is

she doesn't want to co-sponsor

thanks for reply :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If your mother won't co-sponsor you then it seems she has an objection, probably well placed, to this whole 'relationship'. Therefore trying to convince the government that you receive the required income from her as pay to help her with her would require proof that such work represents real income. That in turn would require her cooperation in terms of providing documentation that she paid you. Further you'd likely need to also further prove that it is legitimate that she is paying you for services so likely documenting that you pay rent would be good.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So... I have read thru a long history of your posts. I've sent you a personal message before and I'd love to help. So would everyone on this site. BUT.... based on your previous posts here is what we can assume about your situation (or as one person suggested you are really the Filipina posing as the USC).

-

USC lives at home unemployed with Mother.

USC has never met Filipina in person

OP has asked questions:

Can I bring GF to USA on tourist visa?

Can I go there and Marry and bring her back to USA

Can I claim that MOM who will not co-sponsor is paying me 15,000+/Year to care for her.

-

My suggestion... The *ONLY* way that you are going to be able to make this woman your spouse is to meet her in person. If you really are the Filipina the same applies, the *ONLY* way is if he meets you in person. If you really are the USC then ask yourself what you are doing. Why you want to marry a Woman from the other side of the planet, from a completely different culture who you have never met in person? People can be exactly who they seem to be online or they can be completely different. Either way, even if you get the best of a person online you don't get to know the 'rest'. In the Philippines the 'rest' can be a lot. Setting aside willful mis-representation by either party for the moment.. Assuming everyone is being completely honest.. Marrying a Filipina without first gaining an understanding as what the country is really like means you can never understand who she is. On the other hand, if you are really the Filipina pretending to be the USC so you can talk your BF into bringing you to the USA I would ask you a similar set of questions but would point out a few other things as well that you need to be aware of in terms of the process... Once you get to the USA you have to prove to the USA that you have a real relationship to be allowed to stay. That means this guy may look like a ticket to the USA but in reality you're going to have to make it look pretty real for quite a while (2 years with a spousal visa). Further, according to your posts (if you are the Filipina) I would guess that there is a high probability that HE is scamming you... bear this in mind.. He doesn't have a job, or enough money to travel to meet you etc, his mother won't co-sponsor all seem like a bunch of excuses why he can't proceed while he continues to chat you up online with the other x number of women he does the same with, or when he isn't with his US WIFE etc.....

-

In any case, as I said before, all the members that I've come across here are incredibly willing to help. So no matter who you are, PM me and I believe I can help advise you on a way forward that is both legal and ethical no matter what your circumstances.

-

I would say overall that there is a high percentage chance that at least one of the parties involved in this is trying to scam (or mis-lead) the other.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No, you cannot just say your mother pays you money in order to satisfy the income requirements. In one of your posts you stated you were unemployed. Then in another you stated you had just started a job that pays $100k. You seem to be all over the place. You have been told what you need in order to sponsor your fiancee. The answers will not change. They remain the same, even as your story changes.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.