beautifulbeach

Bona Fide of marriage documentation

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guam
Timeline

Im going to send the copy for I-130 package as follows:

1. 2 affidavit letter from US citizen husband's sister and friend

2. Our 40 pictures

3. 10 Xmas, valentines, birthdy, anniversary cards, >>>>>no stamp in envelope so just a copy of card's message

4. Airline E-ticket >>>>it is not an airline ticket. This is the confirmation form when we check in

5. hotel receipt

6. Passport's stamp

7. Skype log>>>>>>some copies of each months.

Can anyone give us advice if these are accepted?

We are living separately so we don't have joint bank account yet.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

For pictures, only select pictures where both of you are in the same frame and can be recognized (Avoid hats, big sunglasses, bad exposure (too light, too dark), ...)

If postcards don't mention both your names, they are not useful. If you have envelopes sent to "Mr & Mrs Beautifulbeach", those are good

For plane tickets, only use boarding passes

You might also look into facebook messages, e-mails and so on.

Good luck !

• Want to transfer money from abroad to a US account? Or do you want to transfer money from your US account to your foreign loved one? Use TransferWise for rates MUCH lower than banks! Click HERE to TRANSFER MONEY internationally CHEAP!
  • You have some bad remarks on your credit report, and want to clean it up by the time your loved one comes to the US? Use a reputable Credit Repair company. Fortress Credit Pro has a money back guarantee AND only charges you for entries that are actually removed! Click here to enroll for Credit Repair

(Disclosure: The links to TransferWise and FortressPro are affiliate links, and their use can accumulate in benefits for me. Using the links does offer a discount to you by using them over enrolling through the main website, unless any promotions are run by the company)

For pictures, only select pictures where both of you are in the same frame and can be recognized (Avoid hats, big sunglasses, bad exposure (too light, too dark), ...)

If postcards don't mention both your names, they are not useful. If you have envelopes sent to "Mr & Mrs Beautifulbeach", those are good

For plane tickets, only use boarding passes

You might also look into facebook messages, e-mails and so on.

Good luck !

Agreed - e-tickets aren't concrete proof you actually got on a flight. Use your boarding passes, and your passport stamps as you have done. Additionally, you might want to include any receipts for ATM transactions you made whilst in your spouse's country and for gifts given to each other. Make sure that you include a good selection of photographs from across the length of your relationship in different places at different times. It helps to note on the rear what the approximate date was and what you were both up to.

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

2. Our 40 pictures

3. 10 Xmas, valentines, birthdy, anniversary cards, >>>>>no stamp in envelope so just a copy of card's message

4. Airline E-ticket >>>>it is not an airline ticket. This is the confirmation form when we check in

5. hotel receipt

6. Passport's stamp

Can anyone give us advice if these are accepted?

We are living separately so we don't have joint bank account yet.

Give all evidence that have both of you inside and make sure you arrange it good. Am sure you will get your visa asap if you do that. Mine lasted for 6month before i get a message from USCIS that my case has been transfer to National Visa Center. Best of luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guam
Timeline

2. Our 40 pictures

3. 10 Xmas, valentines, birthdy, anniversary cards, >>>>copy of card's message, dates and name

4. Airline E-ticket >>>>we will use only 2 copies of boarding pass.

5. 1 hotel receipt on our vacation

6. Passport's stamp

8. receipts for gifts

is this good enough? we need to send Facebook chat too?

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

As a general note for "boarding passes:"

A large number of frequent travelers (like myself) use electronic boarding passes. I did switch to the older "paper" boarding pass just to have documentation, but the USCIS needs to realize that "paper" boarding passes are not common anymore.

Having said that, I have a passport stamp for the 20+ times I have visited my husband and included those as well.

RobbieG,

Dallas, TX

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In addition to pictures (i printed them out on a piece of paper and wrote the location, date, and who was in the pic underneath), plane tickets from trips we took together, greeting cards/wedding invites addressed to both of us (photocopy front and back) i included a LOT of electronic communication documents:

chat logs from facebook (i tired to find one/month)
screen shots of facebook public posts that were either about us both (tagged by friends) and that were back and forth to each other (ones about us being together, us on vacation, cute love notes)

Skype screen shots (one/month)

MSN chat logs showing dates

MSN conversations that were cute/lovey

Facetime screen shots

Emails between the two of us

You can download your facebook history as a document, and you can use the "view friendship" screen to get lots of info.
I have a mac, so was unable to get skype call logs, hence my using screen shots instead. I also used a hi-liter to show the dates.
I lost all my saved text messages when i got a new phone, if you still have yours, add that too.
We use google voice to communicate, but i didnt submit those call logs, as they look really awkward and were hard to follow.

Our I-130 was approved in about 5 months- no RFE :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.