15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Good day everyone I am wondering if there is anyone that has recently filed for K-1 Visa and file is in Texas how long before getting there NOA2 ? John and I filed in March and recvd NOA1 on 3/28/2014 now waiting for NOA2. I am asking cause we were told by our lawyer it would be 3mths to recve Visa and now he is saying 5-9mths. We are both living in Kuwait so after NOA2 and then if Im following right goes to NVC then our US Embassy here in Kuwait. I keep finding all these different time lines and feel very confused and lost in this process.

If anyone can clarify for us that would be great. We are hoping to be in US by Aug but not sure now. Thank you so much in advance for any advice. Trust me Im trying to be patient :clock::unsure:

Sincerely,

Angela & John

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi right now texas is very slow. Be prepared to wait like 5 months fir your NOA2. It may even surpass that. After getting your NOA2, it goes to NVC than to the consulate. Overall expect 8 to 10 months till your interview if Texas continues on being so slow. Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed in January and received our NOA 1 on January 16 2014, and we are still waiting for our NOA 2. Expect at least 8 to 10 months for the whole process to be completed.

Good luck on this long, but soooo worth it journey. Make sure your receipt number begins with SRC that way you know for sure your petition is with the Texas Service Center.

NOA 1 Jan 16 2014

Alien registration number changed on Jan 16 2014

SRC/TSC

I am the petitioner

I- 129f packet sent Jan 11 2014

Noa 1 Jan 15 2014

Alien registration number changed Jan 16 2014

NOA 2 June 16 2014 email and text

USCIS shipped petition to NVC June 19 2014 (Website update)

NOA 2 June 20 2014 Hard Copy Received

NVC case number received (via phone) July 1 2014

NVC forward petition to the embassy July 3 2014

consulate received petition July 8 2014

consulate received hard copy of petition(CEAC website update) July 15 2014

passed medical (took one day fiancee got there at 4:00am finished at 4:30pm) July 22 2014

CFO completed certificate issued (fiancee said people were very nice process very easy) July 30th 2014!!

Interview date scheduled for September 10th 2014!!

Interview approved!!!

Visa issued!! CEAC website September 16 2014!!

Visa received on September 18 2014 yeah!!!

POE September 21 2014!!! Yeeees!!! What a journey!!!!

Wedding day!! October 16 2014!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Good day everyone I am wondering if there is anyone that has recently filed for K-1 Visa and file is in Texas how long before getting there NOA2 ? John and I filed in March and recvd NOA1 on 3/28/2014 now waiting for NOA2. I am asking cause we were told by our lawyer it would be 3mths to recve Visa and now he is saying 5-9mths. We are both living in Kuwait so after NOA2 and then if Im following right goes to NVC then our US Embassy here in Kuwait. I keep finding all these different time lines and feel very confused and lost in this process.

If anyone can clarify for us that would be great. We are hoping to be in US by Aug but not sure now. Thank you so much in advance for any advice. Trust me Im trying to be patient :clock::unsure:

Sincerely,

Angela & John

Hi Angela & John

Yes unfortunately the whole journey will take about 8months for us TSC filers. There are people from January filers still waiting for their NOA2. :(

Check out the February filers thread.

Good luck

Eva

17/02/2014: I-129F sent

27/02/2014: NOA1

12/08/2014: RFE

10/09/2014: NOA2

12/09/2014: Case sent to NVC

25/09/2014:NVC received

30/09/2014:NVC left

06/10/2014:Received packet 3

22/10/2014:Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

and AP?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

~inquiry about case status~

(organizer hat off)

Review some of the many current threads in this forum about K-1 processing times.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sincerely,

Angela & John

Hi! well for example we got our NOA1 on 15th of October and were waiting almost 7 !!! months for NOA2 which finally got on 9th of May...I've never thought that it can take so long but we were just waiting and that's all what else can you do and just think that one day no matter what it will finally come...but you are together right now so it should be easier ... me and my fiancee did not see each other for about 8 month...so I think waiting together is much easier anyway...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

NOA1 January 27, waiting for NOA2... Welcome to Texas Center waiting club... I hope it wakes up soon, because it should work fast sometimes, right? it cannot be just stuck for the whole year

K-1 visa, TSC:

NOA-1 - January 24, 2014

NOA-2 - July 25, 2014

Case shipped to NVC (Department of State actually) - July 31, 2014

Paper copy of NOA-2 received - August 2, 2014

NVC Case Creation Date - August 11, 2014 (as it says on CEAC website)

NVC Ready Status - August 18, 2014

Administrative Processing status - August 28, 2014

Medical - September 8, 2014

Interview - September 12, 2014 . Approved!!! :dancing:

Visa in hand - September 17, 2014

Flight to the USA - October 1, 2014

Wedding - December 6, 2014 (L)

Adjustment of Status:

Documents sent - April 12,2015

USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (email, text) - April 27,2015

Biometrics for AOS - May 20, 2015

RFE in the mail - May 23,2015

Biometrics for EAD (yep, sh*t happens) - June 23,2015

Notice of approval for EAD in mail - June 30,2015

EAD in mail - July 13, 2015

Avance Parole in mail - July 24,2015

Ready to schedule for interview - July 20, 2015

USCIS letter with interview date - August 22,2015

AOS interview date - September 24,2015

Approved! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Welcome letter in mail - September 29,2015

Green card in mail - October 2, 2015

we got the NOA2 after 64 days..it is quite fast but until now still waiting for the appointment from ABU DHABI US Embassy...it's really frustrating..it is already 173 days from filing the petition. we really have to be patient... :cry::clock:

Timeline

Hi right now texas is very slow. Be prepared to wait like 5 months fir your NOA2. It may even surpass that. After getting your NOA2, it goes to NVC than to the consulate. Overall expect 8 to 10 months till your interview if Texas continues on being so slow. Good luck

Thank you for your reply.

Angela & John

Timeline

Hi Good morning,

Thank you to all who replied it helps to know sometimes you are not alone or going crazy lol. As all of you have mentioned have to sit back and wait. Good luck to all of you who are waiting for Texas. I wish everyone the best.

Sincerely,

Angela & John

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.