Collie

POE through Dublin?

30 posts in this topic

Is 2 hours from landing in Dublin to boarding the plane from Dublin long enough? It gets me in 5 hours earlier than a more expensive option.

Only if you are on a through ticket.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Yes I would be. (Well I'd book it as a single trip single ticket so I'd assume so)

We have flown out of Dublin only once since the new terminal was built. And while others here report that the lines are not usually long, on the day we flew out, they were. Incredibly long. It's all going to depend on how many outbound US flights there are. Also if there have been any flight delays. Our flight had been delayed so that may have been why there were so many passengers going through immigration at one time.

Even if I were on a through ticket, personally I would like a longer connection than 2 hours. This time you are entering on a visa, instead of just going through as a tourist. Your processing is gonna take longer.

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

• 2 weeks later...

We are considering traveling from UK to US via Dublin with our cats. We were told our luggage would be forwarded to second plane but our cats would not. We would have to go claim them and recheck them ourselves. I wondered if OP parents have any info on this? From what I've read seems like you go straight to immigration and then to gates from first flight. How would you get the pets to recheck them in? How much time between flights would be recommended?

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are considering traveling from UK to US via Dublin with our cats. We were told our luggage would be forwarded to second plane but our cats would not. We would have to go claim them and recheck them ourselves. I wondered if OP parents have any info on this? From what I've read seems like you go straight to immigration and then to gates from first flight. How would you get the pets to recheck them in? How much time between flights would be recommended?

I think that the only way for my parents to fly will be through Dublin with the kitties.

Anytime I had flown my previous collie from N.Ireland to England/Scotland for Crufts and other shows, I always collected her at the over-size baggage part, so in theory that's what should happen.

When I flew nearly 9 years ago with my pup from Dublin to Chicago to Dallas/Fort Worth, I checked my pup in at Dublin and then I was supposed to claim her with over-sized baggage like at the side of the carousel in Chicago and recheck her in for the DFW flight. She didn't appear and I was tight on time for my connection. To cut a long story short, they lost her and couldn't even tell me if she had got on the plane at Dublin. I flipped the lid on them and eventually they tracked her down and found that she had been sent by mistake to the cargo building. I didn't get to see her again until we landed in DFW. Poor puppy was 7 mths old and crated for nearly 21 hours...fricking nightmare.

I would highly recommend to leave at least 2-3 hours between flights just in case something goes wrong.

I-130 for both parents

March 28th 2013 - Priority date/ NOA 1
November 14th 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center

January 7th 2014 - Case changed online to approved for both

January 8th 2014 - case changed to shipped to NVC

January 9th 2014 - case changed to NOA 2 mailed

January 10th 2014 - Received the hardcopy of the NOA 2 stating that NVC would issue a case number in 30 days approx.

January 21st 2014 - Case Received at NVC

February 26th 2014 - Case numbers and IIN number received - Wrong embassy code assigned...now waiting for new case numbers.

March 3rd 2014 - Filled in DS-261 for both parents

March 5th 2014- AOS available, paid and submitted AOS packet.

March 6th 2014 - USPS shows packet was delivered at NVC

March 10th 2014 - AOS shows as paid in the CEAC portal/AOS logged into system as being received by NVC.

March 11th 2014 - New case number assigned for my Dad.

March 20th 2014 - Paid IV fee for my Mum.

March 25th 2014 - AOS accepted by NVC with no checklist.

March 26th 2014 - Filled in and submitted DS-260 for my Mum

March 31st 2014 - AOS found in my Mum's file for my Dad - accepted and placed into his file/IV fee available for my Dad and Paid.

April 1st - Mailed all civil documents to NVC for both parents.

April 3rd: IV fee shows as paid in portal/submitted DS-260 for my Dad.

April 22nd: checklist issued for civil documents - NVC error ...

April 23rd: sent another certified copy of my marriage certificate

April 24th: Case complete! :)

April 30th 2014 - Medical scheduled for parents at Knightsbridge in London

June 11th: Interview at London Embassy - Approved :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Just went through Dublin as POE yesterday. It was the most ridiculously easy part of this whole process.

The only bad thing was the amount of people down there! There were quite a few flights taking off before mine, two of which should have gone hours before but had been badly delayed.

Security is now a bigger operation before POE. The queue was huge but constantly moving. I did have to go through to secondary when I got to immigration but after waiting 20mins I was asked two questions- am I going there to get married and do I have a date for the marriage.

This took a little over an hour, from the time I joined the queue for security to the time I left secondary. I was left with a little under an hour until the plane took off and about 20mins til boarding was due to start so the timings actually worked out pretty well.

Have done a review if you want a little more detail :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Just went through Dublin as POE yesterday. It was the most ridiculously easy part of this whole process.

The only bad thing was the amount of people down there! There were quite a few flights taking off before mine, two of which should have gone hours before but had been badly delayed.

Security is now a bigger operation before POE. The queue was huge but constantly moving. I did have to go through to secondary when I got to immigration but after waiting 20mins I was asked two questions- am I going there to get married and do I have a date for the marriage.

This took a little over an hour, from the time I joined the queue for security to the time I left secondary. I was left with a little under an hour until the plane took off and about 20mins til boarding was due to start so the timings actually worked out pretty well.

Thanks for the info, will check out the review. Enjoy your new life in the US! :)

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you! That's good to know. I fly through Dublin on the 16th.

Enjoy your new life

Rhirhi,

Get some rest. Be happy.

The learning begins.... First change the date format in your time line signature to US format.

Damn foreigners, they are everywhere in the US. they are even letting the Welsh in now.... :)

Now get married and enjoy the next round of USCIS paper work.

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread, I was just wondering what the aer lingus planes are like, is there enough room for tall people? I haven't been on aer lingus for several years so was wondering how good it is for long haul flights!

I have not flown on an air fungus plane in years. I am slightly over 6 foot, so I found their planes just as uncomfortable as the others. Unfortunately if you are a tall/larger person, planes are never great.

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

If people do POE at Dublin please review it if you can in the POE review section like Rhirhi has done as Dublin is very light on recent POE reviews and it'll help other members. I'll be sure to do one myself when I fly in 4 weeks.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If people do POE at Dublin please review it if you can in the POE review section like Rhirhi has done as Dublin is very light on recent POE reviews and it'll help other members. I'll be sure to do one myself when I fly in 4 weeks.

I'll do 1.

I fly on June 16th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.