EzyEby

Do you think we will be put in AP?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A family friend introduced my wife to me in November of 2012. We spoke three times before I visited Nigeria in December of 2013. It was in December of 2013 that I asked her to marry me and she said yes two days later. I knew within me she is the person I want to be with when I first met her. We continued talking everyday until March 2014 when I visited Nigeria again to pay for the bride price and traditional wedding. Only family friends attended the traditional wedding. Three days after the traditional wedding, we registered our marriage with the local government and obtained our marriage certificate.

Form I-130 was filed in May of 2013 and approved in December of 2013. Case was completed by NVC on April 11th, 2014. Interview date is on June, 2014.

I visited my wife again in January of 2014.

Besides what is requested on the interview letter, additional evidence my wife will show at the interview is:

More statements from family and friends who know about our relationship.

Statement from the family friend who introduced me to my wife

Itineraries and passport stamps showing trips I made to Nigeria

Additional pictures

Whatsapp messages

Phone call records

List of bridal items that I paid her family

Text message records

Brief email records

I did not know my wife or date her for long before getting married but it is a genuine relationship with its up and downs. I am a year older than her. We practice the same religion. We are from the same ethnic group. She is four months pregnant.

With what I said above, do you think she will get the visa?

Edited by EzyEby

Timeline

I think you have the dates wrong. you said you married in March 2014, but then you said the I-130 was approved in December 2013. Was that a typo?

We married in March 2013. Thanks for pointing it out.

Timeline

How and when did you get your residence in the US the only issue I can see is if your path to the US was shady

It is not shady at all. Please look at what I wrote from the point of the petitioner. I immigrated to the US when I was seventeen years old. I became a US citizen on my own six years after I immigrated to the US. My mother who was a citizen by that time petitioned for me.

Edited by EzyEby

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.