Nikki88

February 2014 TSC Filers

570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey, can someone help, I'm getting myself confused. My interview will be at London. Our application is currently with NVC. For the affidavit of support is it form I-134, I-864 or I-864ez

Timeline

thanks! I've read so many mixed information including from state.gov. I read the NVC won't accept the i-134. Lawyer telling me it's the ,i-864. (I know how everyone feels about immigration lawyers, each to their own). I driving my fiance crazy because now I'm gonna make sure we have both completed because theres so many mixed answers.

Hey, can someone help, I'm getting myself confused. My interview will be at London. Our application is currently with NVC. For the affidavit of support is it form I-134, I-864 or I-864ez

Do you live in Northern Ireland?! It's the I134. :) Good luck!

thanks! I've read so many mixed information including from state.gov. I read the NVC won't accept the i-134. Lawyer telling me it's the ,i-864. (I know how everyone feels about immigration lawyers, each to their own). I driving my fiance crazy because now I'm gonna make sure we have both completed because theres so many mixed answers.

The NVC doesn't get your tax forms; the embassy will. The I864 is for after you're here and adjusting status for a green card.

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Timeline

Yea, I live in the north. Does that affect which affidavit ? Am I right in saying the affidavit is sent to nvc who then forward everything to London? Also there's a $88 fee payable to nvc right?

Sorry for all the questions, I have researched this all until I'm blue in the face but just worrying when you keep getting different answers. Thanks for helping! So you guys used the i 134 with no problems?

Congrats on the wedding Tina and johan, the pics were beautiful

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hey guys just updating you all. got noa2 yesterday. as some of you know we decided to say screw the i-129f and i am moving to canada. we will be getting married december 2, 2014. i will be filing for my canadian residency. womp womp womp uscis. haha. hope everyone is doing well! it's now been 8 months since filing i-129f and almost 6 months since becca was denied at the border.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

hey guys just updating you all. got noa2 yesterday. as some of you know we decided to say screw the i-129f and i am moving to canada. we will be getting married december 2, 2014. i will be filing for my canadian residency. womp womp womp uscis. haha. hope everyone is doing well! it's now been 8 months since filing i-129f and almost 6 months since becca was denied at the border.

congrats on your approval ,hope everything goes well with you guys .

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi all, literally just home after a long day trip to London for my medical.

I spent the past year dreading this day and even though I've read recounts telling me not to worry, I was still a ball of stress.

Bottom line...'DONT WORRY ABOUT IT'

The staff couldn't have been nicer or more reassuring.

When you go in your met with the reception desk and asked for your paper work. Ie vaccination list, passport, police check, passport photo and medical questionnaire.

You then go to the waiting room (not unlike your regular GP waiting area) and fill out a slightly more detailed medical questionnaire.

After about 15 mins a super lovely nurse brought me to a room, confirmed all my vaccinations and reassured me of what to expect.

Immediately followed was the chest x-Ray. Bra off, fetching blue robe on.

10 mins later the lady Dr called me. I was asked to lay down while she took my blood pressure which I was positive must have been sky high but nope, it was fine. She had a quick breast check and feel of my tummy then took my blood.

The Dr was really lovely, chatty and warm. She asked me a few questions to confirm what I'd answered on my questionnaire. specifically, any hospitalisation, any allergies, any medication, if I smoked or drank, what I drank and how much ??? ...and that was it.

Sent back to get dressed, pay the bill and provided with my paperwork for AOS. The whole visit took one hour.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, literally just home after a long day trip to London for my medical.

I spent the past year dreading this day and even though I've read recounts telling me not to worry, I was still a ball of stress.

Bottom line...'DONT WORRY ABOUT IT'

The staff couldn't have been nicer or more reassuring.

When you go in your met with the reception desk and asked for your paper work. Ie vaccination list, passport, police check, passport photo and medical questionnaire.

You then go to the waiting room (not unlike your regular GP waiting area) and fill out a slightly more detailed medical questionnaire.

After about 15 mins a super lovely nurse brought me to a room, confirmed all my vaccinations and reassured me of what to expect.

Immediately followed was the chest x-Ray. Bra off, fetching blue robe on.

10 mins later the lady Dr called me. I was asked to lay down while she took my blood pressure which I was positive must have been sky high but nope, it was fine. She had a quick breast check and feel of my tummy then took my blood.

The Dr was really lovely, chatty and warm. She asked me a few questions to confirm what I'd answered on my questionnaire. specifically, any hospitalisation, any allergies, any medication, if I smoked or drank, what I drank and how much ??? ...and that was it.

Sent back to get dressed, pay the bill and provided with my paperwork for AOS. The whole visit took one hour.

Thanks for the update! My fiance has his medical in London Wednesday and was concerned about having to wait and missing his flight back. (He's flying from Derry) I'm anxious to know when you're hear about your interview since it looks like we're a week behind you and were hoping for the same wedding date! (Although I have a feeling that's not going to happen)

Edited by PrincessButtercup

K-1 Visa Timeline

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-15!!!!!!!!!

NVC Received :2014-10-07

NVC Left :2014-10-10

Consulate Received :2014-10-16

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-20

Medical: 2014-11-05

Packet 4 Received : 2014-11-15

Interview Date : 2014-12-19

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2015-01-08

Marriage : 2015-02-12

Timeline

I was worried about exactly the same thing. My appointment was at 130 and last flight back from gatwick was 655. Give yourself an hour to get to and from the airport.

The lady advised me must exams taken alt an hour and a half.

If your fiance has a contactless Santander card they can use it for the tube without having to queue for ticket. The express from gatwick to Oxford circus runs every 15 mins btw then you can walk 5 mins to the medical

I will let you know as soon as I get word about interview dates. Fingers crossed, maybe we'll be on the same flight! Lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was worried about exactly the same thing. My appointment was at 130 and last flight back from gatwick was 655. Give yourself an hour to get to and from the airport.

The lady advised me must exams taken alt an hour and a half.

If your fiance has a contactless Santander card they can use it for the tube without having to queue for ticket. The express from gatwick to Oxford circus runs every 15 mins btw then you can walk 5 mins to the medical

I will let you know as soon as I get word about interview dates. Fingers crossed, maybe we'll be on the same flight! Lol

Great! Thanks for the advice!

K-1 Visa Timeline

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-15!!!!!!!!!

NVC Received :2014-10-07

NVC Left :2014-10-10

Consulate Received :2014-10-16

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-20

Medical: 2014-11-05

Packet 4 Received : 2014-11-15

Interview Date : 2014-12-19

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2015-01-08

Marriage : 2015-02-12

Yea, I live in the north. Does that affect which affidavit ? Am I right in saying the affidavit is sent to nvc who then forward everything to London? Also there's a $88 fee payable to nvc right?

Sorry for all the questions, I have researched this all until I'm blue in the face but just worrying when you keep getting different answers. Thanks for helping! So you guys used the i 134 with no problems?

Congrats on the wedding Tina and johan, the pics were beautiful

HI. I'm sorry, I'm just seeing this now. :-/ Thank you for the complements to our pics. :) We had a great time!

For all the tax documents and affidavit of support, you will bring all those to your interview in London. Your fiance does NOT send them to the NVC. The only fee associated with these papers is your visa fee, which is all-inclusive. I'm not sure exactly how London handles things since Johan went through Dublin, but make sure there is proof of income, tax transcripts (these are way more efficient than the copies of taxes, forms, W2's, etc), and the originally-signed I-134. Good luck! :D

Edited by Tina and Johan

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Interview was today, and APPROVED !!

We want to thank this site and all the helpful members for the vast amount and great information available to help couples like us to get through what is a difficult process at best..

Interview was today, and APPROVED !!

We want to thank this site and all the helpful members for the vast amount and great information available to help couples like us to get through what is a difficult process at best..

Awesome!! Congratulations!! :goofy::goofy:

event.png

event.png
3-18-2014 - Mailed I-129F
3-24-2014 - NOA1 (email)
9-2-2014 - NOA2 (email)
9-16-2014 - NVC Received
9-17-21014 - NVC Case #
9-19-2014 - Belize Embassy Received electronically
10-15-2014 - Notice that Packet 3 was ready.
10-17-2014 - Fiance picked up both Packet 3 and Packet 4
11-11-2014 - Interview!! **Embassy cancelled because they remembered it was Veteran's day :wacko:
11-18-2014 - Interview!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.