Nikki88

February 2014 TSC Filers

570 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I received our RFE letter in the mail today. I apparently forgot to provide a picture of myself, which I know I provided because I got the photo taken the day before I mailed in the application. They are just looking for a passport photo of myself right?

Yes... I went to Walgreens and had my passport photo taken and included it in the packet.

it said: submit proof of the legal termination of the marriage.You submitted a copy of the decree nisi.This is not considered to be evidence of a final divorce decree for immigration purposes.Such proof would normally be a final (absolute) divorce decree, death certificate, etc. In order for the legal termination of a marriage to be considered valid for immigration purposes, it must have been registered with a civil authority.

We each sent in our divorce decrees. From what I understood from researching, the documents must have the judge's signature on it. I didn't get it from the court after it was registered. I got an emailed copy of it from my divorce attorney. Now, I have an official decree from Michigan to use at the AOS interview, should they want it.

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Timeline

Feeling a bit down guys... I have been pretty excited seeing all the February filers that received their NOA2. We've hit the 6 month mark and haven't gotten any updates. I put a call into USCIS and they gave me the line about December 31 and said that I probably wouldn't hear anything on my case until October. I asked about the case transfers and he said that cases have been transferred to CSC because of the back up, but that my case wasn't one of them. I'm just ready for some good news. I'm hoping I didn't screw up my case with the expedite requests (even though they were legit) or the congressional inquiries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Feeling a bit down guys... I have been pretty excited seeing all the February filers that received their NOA2. We've hit the 6 month mark and haven't gotten any updates. I put a call into USCIS and they gave me the line about December 31 and said that I probably wouldn't hear anything on my case until October. I asked about the case transfers and he said that cases have been transferred to CSC because of the back up, but that my case wasn't one of them. I'm just ready for some good news. I'm hoping I didn't screw up my case with the expedite requests (even though they were legit) or the congressional inquiries.

From what I understand, the support workers you talk to on the phone at USCIS are generally very unhelpful and provide outdated/inaccurate information. I also think they probably give those who call in the "worst case scenario" situations so as not to raise expectations. You say you have submitted congressional inquiries... there's no reason that should have stunted the process in any way, though I doubt it usually expedites it either. Did your congressman/senators say anything about potential pending security checks? Just based on what I've read from others who have been waiting similar lengths of time, that seems to be the most common hold up for approval.

I am the petitioner.

02/11/14 - Mailed I-129F petition to Texas Lock Box

02/20/14 - NOA1 Received Electronically

02/25/14 - Alien Registration Number changed

08/08/14 - Contacted Congressman/Senators

08/12/14 - NOA2 Received Electronically (173 days)

08/12/14 - Medical Exam in Blackrock

08/16/14 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08/18/14 - Case sent to NVC from TSC

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/27/14 - NVC Case # Assigned

08/29/14 - NVC Left

09/04/14 - Dublin Embassy Received

09/04/14 - Packet 3 Received

09/08/14 - Packet 3 Returned

09/11/14 - Packet 4 Received

09/22/14 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I understand how you feel, but hang on a just little, from my previous experience with I-129 and the people that have been waiting at the same time on vj, no one got approved later than 6 or 6,5 months.... so I belive you're almost there, its coming. Also the day I got Approved, I spoke to a Tier 2 officer and he said no news onmy case, it hasn't been assigned to an officer yet. And that they are working on December 31 cases, all of a sudden I get a text 4 hours later at 11 pm, with a case status update, that was the Approval. So don't loose hope, and uscis don't always know what the hell they are doing. PS. we had requested 2 expedited requests, all was turned down.... I keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys,

Congratulations to everyone who now has their NOA2! We got ours on August 7th :)

Fingers crossed for everyone who is still waiting - hopefully you guys will all hear something very soon!!

Timeline

I understand how you feel, but hang on a just little, from my previous experience with I-129 and the people that have been waiting at the same time on vj, no one got approved later than 6 or 6,5 months.... so I belive you're almost there, its coming. Also the day I got Approved, I spoke to a Tier 2 officer and he said no news onmy case, it hasn't been assigned to an officer yet. And that they are working on December 31 cases, all of a sudden I get a text 4 hours later at 11 pm, with a case status update, that was the Approval. So don't loose hope, and uscis don't always know what the hell they are doing. PS. we had requested 2 expedited requests, all was turned down.... I keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! Good luck.

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the detailed response. I really appreciate the positive support. It helps getting input from other people in my situation. I brought up some of your cases to the USCIS customer service representative and he basically had nothing to say. They never have anything to say! Other than processing cases from December 31... Haha...

Timeline

My posts dont seen to be working...I wanted some advice. After 6.5 months and one immigration lawyer later, we got an RFE. I can't imagine anything we didn't include as I'm OCD with checking and rechecking. Honestly, how worried should I be? How long does it take to receive the RFE? Does receiving an RFE bode badly for your interview? So everyone knows, we signed up for notification text and email. Mike got the text, got super excited and called me. Poor hen hadn't checked the status yet, I got the email a little after, explaining it was a RFE. I'm trying to be positive, telling myself were legit and this is going to be something dumb like a missed signature and well we approved in a couple of weeks.

Timeline

Interesting to note, we called uscis for the first time the previous day to receiving the RFE and were told we were well within our processing time and they were only dealing with Dec 31st cases. I wonder if our call prompted someone to check?

Timeline

My posts dont seen to be working...I wanted some advice. After 6.5 months and one immigration lawyer later, we got an RFE. I can't imagine anything we didn't include as I'm OCD with checking and rechecking. Honestly, how worried should I be? How long does it take to receive the RFE? Does receiving an RFE bode badly for your interview? So everyone knows, we signed up for notification text and email. Mike got the text, got super excited and called me. Poor hen hadn't checked the status yet, I got the email a little after, explaining it was a RFE. I'm trying to be positive, telling myself were legit and this is going to be something dumb like a missed signature and well we approved in a couple of weeks.

I'm sorry to hear that after all that waiting you received an RFE! It's frustrating, but not something you should be worried about and it won't negatively impact the interview process at all. Many times, USCIS has simply lost a form or something else attached to your petition and just need you to resend it. You'll get more info about what exactly they need when you receive the hard copy in the mail. Don't stress over it, as I'm sure there's nothing they can ask for that you can't provide. The worst aspect of it is that it's holding the process up. The good news is that your petition was touched. I doubt your call affected it, as you were waiting for so long, but I suppose the possibility is there. They should get back to you fairly quickly after you respond to the RFE and receive approval shortly there after.

I am the petitioner.

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/29/14 - NVC Left

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Hey guys,

Congratulations to everyone who now has their NOA2! We got ours on August 7th :)

Fingers crossed for everyone who is still waiting - hopefully you guys will all hear something very soon!!

Congratulations

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yep! They sent it to NVC which is under the Department of State! Congrats!

Thanks, but I cant believe it took them 2 weeks, 2 weeks!!!! after NOA2 notice date to send the package to NVC, that is definitiely out of the normal processing time :(

Hey guys,

Congrats! good luck with the rest :)

Timeline

Thanks, but I cant believe it took them 2 weeks, 2 weeks!!!! after NOA2 notice date to send the package to NVC, that is definitiely out of the normal processing time :(

Don't feel bad, a lot of people wait 3 or 4 weeks! At least you know it's been sent! Haha :)

I am the petitioner.

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/29/14 - NVC Left

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

it said: submit proof of the legal termination of the marriage.You submitted a copy of the decree nisi.This is not considered to be evidence of a final divorce decree for immigration purposes.Such proof would normally be a final (absolute) divorce decree, death certificate, etc. In order for the legal termination of a marriage to be considered valid for immigration purposes, it must have been registered with a civil authority.

In Massachusetts divorces become final after 90 days. Your fiance would need to obtain Divorce Certificate Absolute at the courthouse. You can get them the same day. Costs $20.

01/14/14 I -129F Petition sent
01/17/14 Petition received
01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC
06/23/14 Service Request created after congressional inquiry
07/03/14 Email from USCIS - our case is on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/04/14 No update from USCIS. Filed a case with CIS Ombudsman
08/05/14 Senators/Congresswoman cannot help with my case because security checks are pending
08/05/14 Another Service Request created by Tier 2 since no response from TSC.
08/18/14 Email from USCIS in response to second service request - still on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/21/14 NOA2 (finally after 7 months)

08/25/14 Email from USCIS - approved case shipped to NVC on 8/22/14

09/02/14 Case received by NVC

09/04/14 Case # assigned by NVC

09/05/14 In transit to the Embassy

09/09/14 Case received by Tbilisi Embassy - ready for interview

09/17/14 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!
09/24/14 POE :D

10/31/14 Married :devil:

11/05/14 Filed for Adjustment of Status

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

01/29/15 Combo card arrived in the mail

02/25/15 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver received in the mail

07/09/15 Green Card approved on USCIS site

07/13/15 Notice received in the mail

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can find information about changing the status on your SSN? I have previously held multiple work permits and was assigned a SSN, however, it clearly states "Valid for work only with DHS authorization".

Hopefully NVC has received out case now and we are trying to get all of our paperwork in order for the final interview, marriage, and AOS.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.