Le Bangoulap

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING AFTER APPROVAL, HELP PLEASE!

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

After Interview at Lagos Consulate, the CO said we were approved and gave us a paper with an address she circled for us to go to the same address and pick up passports but now the status says ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING and read thus:

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

1. Has anyone ever experience this?

2. What should we expect from now?

We've already booked fly tickets, hope this will not last beyond the date of our flight.

Thank you

K-1 Adjustment of Status Event Date

CIS Office : Portland OR

Date Filed : 2014-09-16

NOA Date : 2014-09-19

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-10 (Done)

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Employment Authorization Document Event Date

CIS Office: National Benefit Center

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-10

Approved Date : 2014-11-14

Date Card Received : 2014-11-22 (Combo EAD/AP)
Estimates/Stats : EAD was approved in 59 days.

Advance Parole Event Date

CIS Office : National Benefit Center

NOA Date :

Date Received :2014-11-22 (Combo EAD/AP)

Estimates/Stats : AP was approved in 59 days.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Progress to US Embassy and Consulate Forum~

~Inquiry about AP at the embassy/consulate phase of the process~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Well I hope you be lucky and get passport soon.

My interview was well, I was approved on march 18 and I am in ap. No passport yet.

For that is better book flight when you have visa in hand , but many people change soon from ap to issued.

But sometimes ap take long.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

After Interview at Lagos Consulate, the CO said we were approved and gave us a paper with an address she circled for us to go to the same address and pick up passports but now the status says ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING and read thus:

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

We've already booked fly tickets, hope this will not last beyond the date of our flight.

Thank you

AP is basically the black hole of the visa world. Especially in high fraud countries like Nigeria, it has the potential to take a considerable amount of time. I can be anywhere from 2 days to 2 years. There's no way to contact anyone about it, they won't tell you what they're doing or how long it will take.

This is one of the reasons we always say never purchase any plane tickets before you have the visa in hand.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you

Sorry you bought tickets ahead of time. AP has started up like crazy lately in Lagos and as always advised you should never make travel arrangements until Visa is in hand. AP no one can tell you it happens often. The embassy will not tell you anything all you can do is wait. After a week or so you can start emailing the embassy and see. Hopefully this is a fast AP and not a lot of issues or wait. Really sorry.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I once read that this happened to someone else...and it turned out to be nothing. They referred to the process of issuing the visa as "AP"...He checked his status and it said he was in AP, then then some hours later it said ISSUED....I'll try to find the link and post it. Hopefully that's all it is

Edited by AYOsGirl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hopefully its just the usual AP that all Visa processing goes through. It will be a week tomorrow so see if it changes to Issued tomorrow thats the usual timeline of issue for Lagos.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please don't be scared about the necessary AP, it happened to me this month, I went for my interview and it was approved CO gave a white papper where to pick my visa and a papper how to pay 165$ when I got home and check my status online the next day it went from ready to necessary AP after a day in Ap it went issued two days later I went to GSS at VI and pick up my visa.please that necessary AP you saw is when they are tidying up issuing the visa and the papper work, like somebody will print the visa another person will paste the visa and person will take it to the mailing room despatch it, so all this are called necessary AP.check your status tomorrow you will see that it has been issued. On Friday go and pick your visa at the picking point. They will send it tomorrow because Thursday is public holiday .the way am telling you now is the way it is.book your ticket now . Goodluck

Timeline

Don't worry yet. This happened to us last year and we were in AP for 3 days, the AP was only to process the visa.

Thank you very much for all your wonderful contributions.

TO God be the Glory!

Just a couple of hours after the AP, I checked again not without crying to God in prayer for speedy resolution of the AP, I found out that it has changed to ISSUED.

It's so good to have people as good as all of you in this forum.

God Bless you all!

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

NOA Date :

Timeline

Please don't be scared about the necessary AP, it happened to me this month, I went for my interview and it was approved CO gave a white papper where to pick my visa and a papper how to pay 165$ when I got home and check my status online the next day it went from ready to necessary AP after a day in Ap it went issued two days later I went to GSS at VI and pick up my visa.please that necessary AP you saw is when they are tidying up issuing the visa and the papper work, like somebody will print the visa another person will paste the visa and person will take it to the mailing room despatch it, so all this are called necessary AP.check your status tomorrow you will see that it has been issued. On Friday go and pick your visa at the picking point. They will send it tomorrow because Thursday is public holiday .the way am telling you now is the way it is.book your ticket now . Goodluck

Your are very right. Thank you very much.

I checked my status less than 3 hours later and it said ISSUED. Now following the instruction of the CO during the interview to pick up passport the next Wednesday, I'm still in Lagos hoping that it will be ready for pick up as instructed. Do you think it should be ready for pick up.

Thank you

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

NOA Date :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please don't wait till next week to pick up your visA. Please go there this Friday and pick up your visa.do as I told you you will see that this evening your visa has been sent to DHL for pick up.that finished up your visa issuing yesterday,today is for DHL to come and pick it up.dont wait for DHL people to contact you for picking up your visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Dont worry it should update within a few days showing approved. All it means is the processing that happens after approval like visa printing.This happened to us in nairobi give it 3 to 7 days before you worry. As long as you have the green spprovsl you should be ok.

Timeline

Dont worry it should update within a few days showing approved. All it means is the processing that happens after approval like visa printing.This happened to us in nairobi give it 3 to 7 days before you worry. As long as you have the green spprovsl you should be ok.

It is over now visa is in hand.

Thanks for your advise and concern. Now preparing to write our experience in the review

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

NOA Date :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.