jpborn

Question about I-864 joint sponsor

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I've looked at the sample forms but it still is a bit puzzling, these forms are so complicated!!!

My question is on the first page of my joint sponsor's I-864, which actually refers to my own initial I-864 as well I guess. I added a photo of that first page...

For Mailing Address I put MY or MY JOINT SPONSOR"s address right? Or is it my wife in Taiwan?

For OTHER INFORMATION that is me or my joint sponsor or my wife in Taiwan's info? Of course my joint sponsor is a US citizen as am I, so that must be for my wife right?

Thanks!!!

post-158273-0-65039900-1398264121_thumb.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey there! That's regarding the address of the immigrant in your case your spouse. You can use the instructions to help you along her application take a look here http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Hey there! That's regarding the address of the immigrant in your case your spouse. You can use the instructions to help you along her application take a look here http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Thanks very much for your response. Are you sure that regards the address of the immigrant? That's what I thought but it is so unclear on the application and the instructions don't help at all. When I go to the visajourney example forms, it simply has the address in the US, which I am imagining is the petitioner since he must be the one that resides in the US and the applicant is in another country.

Can't someone else chime in here and offer another opinion!! It really is not clear at all...

thanks very much!!!

Edited by jpborn

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes it is regarding the immigrant. It says "Part 2. Information on the a principal Immigrant" and on that Mailing Address Section the number is 2a, 2b, etc. so it's still part 2. You don't have to put your address until "Part 4. information on the Sponsor" I did mine that way, since I live in the U.S my address would be here in the U.S. If I lived in a foreign country then my address in foreign country would go there. I hope this clarifies your doubt. Mine was approved. Good luck!

Yes it is regarding the immigrant. It says "Part 2. Information on the a principal Immigrant" and on that Mailing Address Section the number is 2a, 2b, etc. so it's still part 2. You don't have to put your address until "Part 4. information on the Sponsor" I did mine that way, since I live in the U.S my address would be here in the U.S. If I lived in a foreign country then my address in foreign country would go there. I hope this clarifies your doubt. Mine was approved. Good luck!

Great, thanks so much for taking the time to clarify that and post this!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.