• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats on the baby!!! We need pictures!!! :dance: :dance:

Well the dr knew nothing. I asked her and the nurse what the symptoms of the bird flu are and neither had a clue. Doesn't that just give you the warm fuzzies??????? :wacko: You'd think the medical staff would be up on this considering the threat we have and considering I just left a country who has had human cases of it.

Anyhoo she did a test to see if it was a bladder infection or pregnancy and both came up negative, though she said it was a wee bit early for the pregnancy one so I think I'll take another in the morning this weekend when I'm officially late, though i highly doubt that's it. She said it's probably just a virus and that she's seeing a TON of people getting sick after the holidays since now they're back to non stress and their bodies are falling apart.

I'm soooo cold today. Ever have one of those days where no matter what you can't get warm??? I feel bad not going into work since I just had a vacation but I really feel like #######. I guess I could have worked from home but not really since I am due for a big nap soon. Sooo sooo tired.

Lebanese mama - where did you register? I love looking at baby stuff.

Last night Usama got scared 'cause a friend of his told him that he applied for a visa and got approved by the embassy but then the ministry of foreign affairs said he can't go because he didn't complete 4 years of university. Usama only completed 2 years so he was freakin' all day. I asked if this guy was married to a US Citizen and he said no.

duh

I said, honey...even if you never went to University and took the short bus to the interview you wouldn't be denied due to that because you're married to a US Citizen and as long as you're not some bigtime criminal or have some huge disease you'll be fine.

I hope he doesn't talk to anyone else since this is gonna be a loooong hall.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline
Congrats on the baby!!! We need pictures!!! :dance: :dance:

Well the dr knew nothing. I asked her and the nurse what the symptoms of the bird flu are and neither had a clue. Doesn't that just give you the warm fuzzies??????? :wacko: You'd think the medical staff would be up on this considering the threat we have and considering I just left a country who has had human cases of it.

Anyhoo she did a test to see if it was a bladder infection or pregnancy and both came up negative, though she said it was a wee bit early for the pregnancy one so I think I'll take another in the morning this weekend when I'm officially late, though i highly doubt that's it. She said it's probably just a virus and that she's seeing a TON of people getting sick after the holidays since now they're back to non stress and their bodies are falling apart.

I'm soooo cold today. Ever have one of those days where no matter what you can't get warm??? I feel bad not going into work since I just had a vacation but I really feel like #######. I guess I could have worked from home but not really since I am due for a big nap soon. Sooo sooo tired.

Last night Usama got scared 'cause a friend of his told him that he applied for a visa and got approved by the embassy but then the ministry of foreign affairs said he can't go because he didn't complete 4 years of university. Usama only completed 2 years so he was freakin' all day. I asked if this guy was married to a US Citizen and he said no.

duh

I said, honey...even if you never went to University and took the short bus to the interview you wouldn't be denied due to that because you're married to a US Citizen and as long as you're not some bigtime criminal or have some huge disease you'll be fine.

I hope he doesn't talk to anyone else since this is gonna be a loooong hall.

Oh those lovely freakouts... ain't they fun???? Moh's still having them. Now about AOS. Does Usama obsess a lot about these details?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

LM (now)- the delivery was pretty good. I had an epidural because I'm a big baby myself and even though I considered going au naturale I recalled the end of the delivery and thought it best not to feel it! After I had the meds my contractions slowed down so they gave me petocin to make them start again. I went in around 11pm and the baby was born at 9:16am. Once I got to the pushing part it only took 15 minutes (2nd baby though!) All in all it wasn't too bad - but my epidural did wear off - there was a kink in the line so for about an hour before the delivery I thought I was dying! After all we have been through with the pregnancy I was very happy things went so easily. Just make sure you rest a lot afterwards if you can. Also as much as you love that little gal when you have the chance for her to sleep in the nursery take it!!!! You'll need the break when you get home. I'm trying to breast feed but it's an uphill battle. We were doing really well for about a week or so but now it's getting hard again. I think he's so hungry and I'm not making enough. But I'm sure you'll do fine - feel free to PM me if you have any questions that might be best discussed in private ;)

Doodle - sorry you're sick! I always got sick after I came home from visiting, change of food, smells, temperature etc. plus the planes like someone else said. Get lots of rest!!

I'm trying to get some baby pictures up but I can't find the cable for our digital camera. I'm hunting today!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

We registered at Toys R Us .... I love everything I picked out for her. Wanna see ?

We got the set by Graco in Oakwood (goes for a boy or girl ... since we plan on having more kids right away)

PackNPlay-Oakwood.jpg

TravelSystem-Oakwood.jpg

Swing-Oakwood.jpg

HighChair-Oakwood.jpg

This is my diaper bag that goes with the brown and blue color scheme :

George-WalMart19.jpg

Here's some other things :

pTRU1-3271756reg.jpg

pTRU1-2892325reg.jpg

pG01-3280531reg.jpg

Amera,

Thanks for taking the time to post your L&D experience. I really appreciate it. I will definately PM you with any questions I have. Al hamdullah in the end you and baby were healthy and happy !

Massouna

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Timeline

Wow sounds like a beautiful delivery all in all except for that last hour!!! Insha Allah if I ever get pregnant again I really want to try to breastfeed. I didn't with my first two because I always had c-sections and was pumped up with tons of drugs but maybe the next time would be different. Plus you save all that money on formula and you give them your immune system,...not that mine is anything to write home about at the moment.

No Usama does not freak out normally......that I know of. He just gets depressed and doesn't tell me why so it takes me fifteen minutes to pull it out of him. Good thing I did since this one was pretty silly. Normally he doesn't want to tell me because he doesn't want me to worry too but he has to stop that since I'm the one who knows more about this stuff as of right now.

I'm sitting here looking at my cat thinking...hmmmm...I didn't sneeze at all in Cairo and since I've been home I haven't stopped. I wonder if she's the cause for my "cold" now. :unsure: She looks so innocent sitting here too and just sighed and looked at me. I think she knows what I'm thinking. Has anyone ever heard of these people who swear that animals can read your mind? I remember listening to a woman on the radio saying how she speaks through her mind to her cats. If so my cat's bummin' right now. :blush:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

LOVE the diaper bag! Very stylish.

We registered at Toys R Us .... I love everything I picked out for her. Wanna see ?

We got the set by Graco in Oakwood (goes for a boy or girl ... since we plan on having more kids right away)

PackNPlay-Oakwood.jpg

TravelSystem-Oakwood.jpg

Swing-Oakwood.jpg

HighChair-Oakwood.jpg

This is my diaper bag that goes with the brown and blue color scheme :

George-WalMart19.jpg

Here's some other things :

pTRU1-3271756reg.jpg

pTRU1-2892325reg.jpg

pG01-3280531reg.jpg

Amera,

Thanks for taking the time to post your L&D experience. I really appreciate it. I will definately PM you with any questions I have. Al hamdullah in the end you and baby were healthy and happy !

Massouna

Timeline

Oh I love that set!!! Hope you get everything you want!!! :thumbs: I love that elmo thing too...bet that's gonna be a favorite. My kids loved those things.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Why should they be up on bird flu? While it's a potentially very large threat, it isn't yet here at all, and while you were in another country where there's been a few cases, your nurse hadn't been there. (Plus, it presents as any other influenza, nasty.) She probably can't identify the symptoms of leprosy, either.

You probably just have an airplane cold, doodle. I get them nearly every time I have a long flight.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Very cute Massouna! I think I wore out our first stroller - so it might be time to invest in a new one. Also you might want to look for a little bouncy chair. The swings are great but sometimes you just want to put them in something while you're in the shower or washing dishes and the swings are a bit bulky! There are little ones that look like papason chairs and vibrate. My son LOVED LOVED sitting in that thing. They are also really good if the baby is fussy - seems to settle them right down. Khalil has a little "TV" as Youssef calls it that hooks onto the crib, it plays music and there are pictures that go by ( I think it's a LeapFrog thing) he loves that too. I've found that when he's crabby if i put on some music or Quran he settles right down.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow lots of baby talk around here!

Jenn I hope your test went well, I didn't even know they were this week- you didn't tell me!

Amera I hope you three have a good couple of days together.

Massouna- cute stuff for the baby! I bet you're excited.

Have a good day everyone!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Why should they be up on bird flu? While it's a potentially very large threat, it isn't yet here at all, and while you were in another country where there's been a few cases, your nurse hadn't been there. (Plus, it presents as any other influenza, nasty.) She probably can't identify the symptoms of leprosy, either.

You probably just have an airplane cold, doodle. I get them nearly every time I have a long flight.

That's what I said...wise words!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.