CjBryan19

Hong Kong Police Clearance!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hey there - I have just applied for it a few weeks ago. It's really easy, you're in and out in 15 minutes.

You can call and make a reservation over the phone. The location is the police headquarters in Wanchai (near Pacific Place III).

http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime.html

The only thing is you HAVE to have a letter from the consulate saying you are approved in your petition. So, you can't do this without having the consulate notify you with your 3rd packet. You also need to fill in a couple of forms beforehand to bring along with you that can be found on the website.

It costs you $205 HKD, you must pay by cash or you can pay by Octopus, but no credit cards or EPS.

All in all, it takes up to 4 weeks, maybe less. And they will mail it to the consulate for you.

In my case, I had my interview scheduled a week after I had done my police cert. It's not an issue that the consulate has not received the police cert yet, it just means that I have to wait for them to receive the police cert, then I can mail in my passport to get my visa.

Edited by relativeways

K1

Nov 7, 2013 - i-129f mailed to Dallas Lockbox

Nov 16, 2013 - noa 1 received

feb 20, 2014 - noa 2 approved

march 5, 2014 - case number assigned at NVC

march 14, 2014 - case received by local embassy

april 4, 2014 - interview

may 1, 2014 - visa in hand

june 13, 2014 - POE: Boston

AOS

Aug 1, 2014 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Aug 6, 2014 - NOA1

Aug 19, 2014 - Biometrics appointment for AOS & EAD

Sept 29, 2014 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

Mid-Nov - Potential Waiver of Interview letter received

End of May 2015 - renewed my EAD/AP, got the NOA1 and another letter stating that I don't need to do biometrics appt.

June 11, 2015 - welcome to America letter! (no interview...no service request..)

June 16, 2015 - green card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We only needed the required documents form from the Manila Embassy and the NVC letter. The first time we tried to use the forms we were denied. The second time my Fiancee returned with the same forms and proof an interview she was accepted. My Fiancee said it was the NVC letter that worked. She just went to a different clerk! Lucky for us because the packet hasn't arrived yet and the interview is fast approaching. It takes four weeks to have the HK police clearance sent to the Manila Embassy. Lastly, keep your receipt, you will need it for your interview.

If you are still in HK and have the USE interview letter/email you can take this to a local police station in HK and ask them to expeditate your request. My gal was an OFW in HK, took her interview letter/email to a local police station, paid the fee, and had her PC sent to the US embassing in HK in less than a week in preparation for her K1 interview. If you are no longer in HK it is going to take additional time.

Best of luck!

Timeline

Hey there - I have just applied for it a few weeks ago. It's really easy, you're in and out in 15 minutes.

You can call and make a reservation over the phone. The location is the police headquarters in Wanchai (near Pacific Place III).

The only thing is you HAVE to have a letter from the consulate saying you are approved in your petition. So, you can't do this without having the consulate notify you with your 3rd packet. You also need to fill in a couple of forms beforehand to bring along with you that can be found on the website.

It costs you $205 HKD, you must pay by cash or you can pay by Octopus, but no credit cards or EPS.

All in all, it takes up to 4 weeks, maybe less. And they will mail it to the consulate for you.

In my case, I had my interview scheduled a week after I had done my police cert. It's not an issue that the consulate has not received the police cert yet, it just means that I have to wait for them to receive the police cert, then I can mail in my passport to get my visa.

Thank you relative ways. Can i just go to USEM and ask for form request even without our manila case? I'm still waiting for nvc to forward the packet 3 we are just approve last week April 7th.

Timeline

If you are still in HK and have the USE interview letter/email you can take this to a local police station in HK and ask them to expeditate your request. My gal was an OFW in HK, took her interview letter/email to a local police station, paid the fee, and had her PC sent to the US embassing in HK in less than a week in preparation for her K1 interview. If you are no longer in HK it is going to take additional time.

Best of luck!

Carton025 thank you

I'm not in hong kong anymore since 2011, and my friend who works there is willing to pay the amount for PC. I really want to get things done ahead before interview, can i also contact nvc to give me the request form?

Carton025 thank you

I'm not in hong kong anymore since 2011, and my friend who works there is willing to pay the amount for PC. I really want to get things done ahead before interview, can i also contact nvc to give me the request form?I

I C. If you are back in the Phil. you may need to go the HK consulate with the USE interview letter/email to get the PC. Hopefully, it will only take a few days. Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Thank you relative ways. Can i just go to USEM and ask for form request even without our manila case? I'm still waiting for nvc to forward the packet 3 we are just approve last week April 7th.

Oh I don't know since I am in HK...not sure about manila

Scroll to the bottom - they have a note on what to do if you're an overseas applicant.

K1

Nov 7, 2013 - i-129f mailed to Dallas Lockbox

Nov 16, 2013 - noa 1 received

feb 20, 2014 - noa 2 approved

march 5, 2014 - case number assigned at NVC

march 14, 2014 - case received by local embassy

april 4, 2014 - interview

may 1, 2014 - visa in hand

june 13, 2014 - POE: Boston

AOS

Aug 1, 2014 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Aug 6, 2014 - NOA1

Aug 19, 2014 - Biometrics appointment for AOS & EAD

Sept 29, 2014 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

Mid-Nov - Potential Waiver of Interview letter received

End of May 2015 - renewed my EAD/AP, got the NOA1 and another letter stating that I don't need to do biometrics appt.

June 11, 2015 - welcome to America letter! (no interview...no service request..)

June 16, 2015 - green card in hand

Timeline

I C. If you are back in the Phil. you may need to go the HK consulate with the USE interview letter/email to get the PC. Hopefully, it will only take a few days. Best of luck!

Thank you its a lot of help :)

Oh I don't know since I am in HK...not sure about manila

Scroll to the bottom - they have a note on what to do if you're an overseas applicant.

I see why it only take u a minute to apply for police certificate hehe .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.