GREG&PHAN

CEAC case status

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have tracked our case as arriving at the embassy, but we have not yet received our packet 3. When I check status at the CEAC website it lists our case number twice with a suffix of 01 & 02 and the status as ready. Is this of any significance? Trying to be jai yen but it's getting to be crunch time. Thanks

CR-2 bringing stepson

8/31 I-130 approved NOA2

9/23 Rec'd by NVC

10/1 Case # and IIN from NVC by phone

10/1 DS-261 complete

10/2 AOS bill paid (status in progress)

10/6 AOS shows paid

10/7 AOS & IV packet mailed

10/8 NVC welcome letter

10/9 Packets received at NVC (tracking)

10/9 Reviewed DS-261 on phone

10/13 Rec'vd IV bill email

10/13 Paid IV bill (status in progress)

10/14 Rec'd email scan date 10/9

10/19 IV Fee shows paid

10/19 DS-260 completed

11/12 Case Complete

11/18 Rec'd CC email

12/2 Interview scheduled January 4

Timeline

Don;t wait for the packet. If you have the BNK number start getting your stuff together for the P3. Send an email to the Consulate Visa office and confirm they have your file.

visasbkkiv@state.gov

Be sure to put IV Inquiry BNKXXXXXX in the subject line

Timeline

no children

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.
Your search has returned multiple results. Please select the Case Number to display the status.

Case Number Status
Edited by GREG&PHAN

CR-2 bringing stepson

8/31 I-130 approved NOA2

9/23 Rec'd by NVC

10/1 DS-261 complete

10/6 AOS shows paid

10/8 NVC welcome letter

10/19 IV Fee shows paid

10/19 DS-260 completed

11/12 Case Complete

11/18 Rec'd CC email

Timeline

Don't wait for your packet, just get the packet instructions off the website and send everything in. We didn't receive our packet 3 instructions until a few days before our interview. I did confirm with the embassy as well, and as soon as it passes the transit stage into "Ready," you are okay to send everything in. Get the doctor's appointment all settled as everything moves fast from this point.

Good luck!

-Jan 24th, 2014 sent in I-129F

-Jan 31ist, 2014 received NOA1 via text/email. Arrived at CSC

-Feb 4th, 2014 received Alien registration number.

-Feb 24th, 2014 received NOA2

-Mar 12, 2014 Arrived at Embassy

-Mar 20, 2014 Packet 3 sent to Embassy

-Mar 28, 2014 Received packet 3 instructions in mail

-Mar 25, 2014 Interview date set

-Apr 4, 2014 Interview.. approved :dancing:

-May 21, 2014 - PoE LV NV

-May 30, 2014 - Married

Timeline

thanks we have everything ready but a single certificate she will have to get after song krahn from her amphur

CR-2 bringing stepson

8/31 I-130 approved NOA2

9/23 Rec'd by NVC

10/1 DS-261 complete

10/6 AOS shows paid

10/8 NVC welcome letter

10/19 IV Fee shows paid

10/19 DS-260 completed

11/12 Case Complete

11/18 Rec'd CC email

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The 01 and 02 also appeared on the website in my case. I interacted with the embassy regarding it, and it the 01 is the case associated with your fiancee, and if you don't have any children being considered in the case you must have checked a box on a form that creates an extra case, associated with a possible K3. If you don't intend to bring any children with her the case is just left sitting, but if you might do that then you have a year to do the follow on paperwork. Don't worry it won't affect the approval of your K1.

Timeline

thanks great answers

CR-2 bringing stepson

8/31 I-130 approved NOA2

9/23 Rec'd by NVC

10/1 DS-261 complete

10/6 AOS shows paid

10/8 NVC welcome letter

10/19 IV Fee shows paid

10/19 DS-260 completed

11/12 Case Complete

11/18 Rec'd CC email

Timeline

In our very recent case, the 02 was for my GF's 20 year daughter. We told them repeatedly that she was not coming and we did not check anything to say she was coming. They just put it on there from the I-129. So she gets to the interview, the agent spends 2 minutes looking at the docs and says we need her daughter's birth certificate. We sent the BC the next day and were stuck in AP for 2.5 more months.

Not until the article in the NTY about Obama clogging up the system with illegals in late Feb. did anything happen. We are together now so we are fine. Just a tip, bring the birth certificate (copy is OK) to the interview if the child is 20 or less.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

update.....Phan received a phone call from the IV unit saying they wanted to schedule her interview but the DS260 didn't have a picture. I was unable to attach for some reason and the form told me to just bring a picture to the interview so I hadn't worried about it. The IV unit lady was very nice and Phan attached the photo and emailed her. The IV called back and asked Phan what day she wanted her appointment? So she has her interview on May 1!! Really impressed so far by the service. Today Phan will receive her medical and we hope the interview goes just as well.

CR-2 bringing stepson

8/31 I-130 approved NOA2

9/23 Rec'd by NVC

10/1 DS-261 complete

10/6 AOS shows paid

10/8 NVC welcome letter

10/19 IV Fee shows paid

10/19 DS-260 completed

11/12 Case Complete

11/18 Rec'd CC email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.