bebop + rocksteady

Alright, I'm getting sick of waiting.

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Grr. I had no idea that waiting for the interview would be the worst part of this whole process. At least while I was waiting for my NOA2 I could logon ever day (minute) and check if I'd been touched. Now I feel like I'm dead in the water. All the forms and evidence is lined up in a nice stack on my desk. All of our travel plans to Vancouver are booked and confirmed.

Now it's just waiting...and waiting some more. Grumble. It just give me more time to sit here and analyze all of the far-fetched reasons why we could get denied.

Alright. < / complaining >

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Grr. I had no idea that waiting for the interview would be the worst part of this whole process. At least while I was waiting for my NOA2 I could logon ever day (minute) and check if I'd been touched. Now I feel like I'm dead in the water. All the forms and evidence is lined up in a nice stack on my desk. All of our travel plans to Vancouver are booked and confirmed.

Now it's just waiting...and waiting some more. Grumble. It just give me more time to sit here and analyze all of the far-fetched reasons why we could get denied.

Alright. < / complaining >

The next couple weeks will fly by, I promise! I remember when I got my interview date, it was like a month before the interview and I thought the day would never get there, and then it seemed like all of a sudden I was in Vancouver. When are you leaving for Vancouver?

i found the wait for the interview to be the easiest. probably because it was the shortest. add to that getting everything taken care of before i moved and being in a busy time at work and trying to tie up loose ends and it flew by. some days i still can't believe i'm here and it's been since August.

best of luck

k

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

look on the bright side, AT LEAST YOU GOT AN APPOINTMENT DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still waiting for Montreal to send me my date and they recieved my checklist on Nov. 15! Now that sucks the big one. Every day I try to hold myself back from jumpin on the postman. I feel like a dog ready to bite his head off everytime he turns up empty handed. Poor fella.

I hear ya, Cass! Just counting down the days now and praying for this to be over.

Monique

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If it were me I'd spend the next 17 days enjoying having the toilet seat down ALL THE TIME, having both sides of the bathroom counter neat and tidy, having the shower curtain hanging by all of its hooks, not bumping into him while I'm trying to cook and he's trying to clean the spoon I just set down, sleeping crosswise on the bed, using all the pillows AND blankets, putting my purse down and having it still be in the same place as I left it and not shoved somewhere " out of the way" , not seeing stacks and piles of stuff that was just put there " for now", not having to pick pens and receipts out of the fruit bowl, deciding what's for dinner based on what I want, not shaving my legs if I don't wanna :) ,talking to my friends on the phone for hours without him coming in mouthing " you're STILL talking?", going outside for a smoke and not hearing " oh god you stink go brush your teeth" when I come in ..........

Of course I'm just poking fun about my husband and the things I need to adjust to while he's visiting. Seems just about the time I get used to having him around and its time for him to go back. I always remind myself, it's better to have the disruption of him being here than to not have him here at all........so when the toilet seat is up I just smile and say " my hubby is home".

Life is sure gonna change here in the next while for many of us so I'm gonna spend my time preparing for the changes and embrace the last bit of my life as I know it.

18 days girl..........ISN'T THAT EXCITING !!!!! :dance:

google.gif

Rofl.

I'm going through the EXACT same thing. All my packing is done (if Kathryn reads this I've given up on customs, I will take my freakin' chances lol) all my forms are filled out, signed, ready to go, photocopied, notarized, and rearranged for the 32nd consecutive time today.

And so I sit, staring at the clock.

I got a little lucky though, my mom lives in Victoria, so I'm flying out there to visit her prior to the interview (I leave on the 13th, interview 23rd) which oughta make it go by a little faster. She will take the ferry across to Vancouver with me on the 22nd and we have a hotel booked. She has decided to come along for moral support, and on TOP of that, she will fly back to Winnipeg with me on the 23rd to help me finalize everything and move on the 26th.

Hang in there Cass, I feel ya. It's a shame our interviews aren't on the same day.

AOS/EAD/AP:

Apr. 24 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Sent to Chicago Lockbox

Apr. 25 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Arrived at Chicago

Apr. 30 2007: NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

May 02 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Cheques cashed

May 03 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Touched

May 22 2007: RFE

May 25 2007: Biometrics for EAD

May 29 2007: EAD Touched

Jun. 06 2007: Biometrics for AOS Completed at the same time as EAD

Jun. 08 2007: RFE sent back

Jun. 11 2007: RFE Rec'd

Jun. 13 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 14 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 18 2007: AOS Touched

Jul. 10 2007: EAD and AP Touched and approved!

Aug. 17 2007: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!!!

Lifting Conditions:

Jun. 15 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug. 14 2009: Biometrics

Sep. 17 2009: Approved!

Pillowcased: Diary of a Madwoman. Full timeline coming soon!

I know the feeling!!! Our date is Jan. 30th and I am getting so antsy. Trying to use the time constructively by going to the gym more, organizing the house (still haven't unpacked all the boxes from my move over the summer!) and trying NOT to obsessively check my documents. I have been obsessively on VJ though (my fiance told me last night that he thought he might have to stage an intervention LOL).

Good luck at the interview. Hope you have a couple of days to enjoy being in Vancouver too :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
If it were me I'd spend the next 17 days enjoying having the toilet seat down ALL THE TIME, having both sides of the bathroom counter neat and tidy, having the shower curtain hanging by all of its hooks, not bumping into him while I'm trying to cook and he's trying to clean the spoon I just set down, sleeping crosswise on the bed, using all the pillows AND blankets, putting my purse down and having it still be in the same place as I left it and not shoved somewhere " out of the way" , not seeing stacks and piles of stuff that was just put there " for now", not having to pick pens and receipts out of the fruit bowl, deciding what's for dinner based on what I want, not shaving my legs if I don't wanna :) ,talking to my friends on the phone for hours without him coming in mouthing " you're STILL talking?", going outside for a smoke and not hearing " oh god you stink go brush your teeth" when I come in ..........

Of course I'm just poking fun about my husband and the things I need to adjust to while he's visiting. Seems just about the time I get used to having him around and its time for him to go back. I always remind myself, it's better to have the disruption of him being here than to not have him here at all........so when the toilet seat is up I just smile and say " my hubby is home".

Life is sure gonna change here in the next while for many of us so I'm gonna spend my time preparing for the changes and embrace the last bit of my life as I know it.

18 days girl..........ISN'T THAT EXCITING !!!!! :dance:

Oh, this is so cute! I have to laugh because these are some of the same things I think about sharing the space all of the time with my husband. I am not complaining, by no means, but yes, these are the things that you notice, hehehe. So, enjoy not having to clean razor stubble out of the sink or picking up discarded socks from the living room floor or putting the milk carton back in the fridge from where it was left out on the counter after a middle of the night snack until the time when you get to smile while cleaning razor stuble out of the sink and picking up discarded socks from the living room floor and putting the left out milk carton back into the fridge because it means you are with your beloved now and forever. Good luck on the interview.

And ecalos - don't worry about customs - I am sure you will be fine! Safe journey to you as well - I will look forward to hearing from you when you reach the other side of the world's (so far, at least) longest undefended border:-).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Oh I'm sure it will be, but this whole visa process has turned me into a paranoid quivering blob of helplessness!

Which reminds me I have something to post in the Murphy's Law thread :whistle:

AOS/EAD/AP:

Apr. 24 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Sent to Chicago Lockbox

Apr. 25 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Arrived at Chicago

Apr. 30 2007: NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

May 02 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Cheques cashed

May 03 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Touched

May 22 2007: RFE

May 25 2007: Biometrics for EAD

May 29 2007: EAD Touched

Jun. 06 2007: Biometrics for AOS Completed at the same time as EAD

Jun. 08 2007: RFE sent back

Jun. 11 2007: RFE Rec'd

Jun. 13 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 14 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 18 2007: AOS Touched

Jul. 10 2007: EAD and AP Touched and approved!

Aug. 17 2007: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!!!

Lifting Conditions:

Jun. 15 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug. 14 2009: Biometrics

Sep. 17 2009: Approved!

Pillowcased: Diary of a Madwoman. Full timeline coming soon!

Filed: Other Timeline

For me this was actually a very enjoyable part of the process. I knew I was going to be with him, that we were going to the interview together, and that we had daylight at the end of our tunnel.

Being denied never entered my mind. I just wanted the process to be over.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

That right there my dear, is why I transferred to Vancouver. We wouldn't' have had an interview until March or April if we stayed at Montreal. That and he has family in Vancouver, which makes for easy accomodations. :)

look on the bright side, AT LEAST YOU GOT AN APPOINTMENT DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still waiting for Montreal to send me my date and they recieved my checklist on Nov. 15! Now that sucks the big one. Every day I try to hold myself back from jumpin on the postman. I feel like a dog ready to bite his head off everytime he turns up empty handed. Poor fella.

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.