daviddelen

Anyone have an experience waiting for HK Police Clearance?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wondered how long it takes for most people to get the Hong Kong Police clearance. We have an appointment May 16th and they say it takes a month. That doesn't leave us much extra time should we have delays. We used our NVC letter to start the process! The first time we went there they didn't accept it.

Thanks so much. Everyone on this site has been really helpful!

David

Hopefully, your NVC letter will work. My gal was an OFW still working in HK and needed her US embassy interview letter/email to get the HK PC letter and it was processed within less than a week.

Best of luck to you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They accepted our NVC letter. We did not even offer it to them but just showed them what we had, and the clerk saw the NVC letter and said "This one is fine".

We still have not seen the embassy letter, and from what i have read, half the time USEM never sends it out or sends it so late by the time you get it you are already in the US.

Is it at USEM yet? Don't yet know.

• 2 weeks later...

They accepted our NVC letter. We did not even offer it to them but just showed them what we had, and the clerk saw the NVC letter and said "This one is fine".

We still have not seen the embassy letter, and from what i have read, half the time USEM never sends it out or sends it so late by the time you get it you are already in the US.

Is it at USEM yet? Don't yet know.

Which exact NVC letter are you referring to? The barcode sheet after payment of the AOS or IV or some other letter later in the process?

And does the NVC center in the US understand that the HK police certificate gets sent to the HK consulate? do the hold up the process on their end or they send the package to the HK consulate knowing the PC will be there by the time of the interview?

05/25/2013 - Married

06/05/2013 - Mailed I-130

06/7/2013 - Delivery Confirmed

06/10/2013 - NOA1 Notice Date

12/12/13 - File transfereed to local office for processing

2/27/14 - NOA2 Approved and sent to NVC

3/11/14 - File received by NVC

4/11/140 - Received Case number and IIT

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It gets sent to whichever consulate you are interviewing at. That is why they want the NVC letter (the one that has your application number and consulate on it).

You will not receive any confirmation that it has been sent but instead will get a 221(g) if you interview and it is not there. So you had better confirm with the consulate that the PC made it there sometime before interview day.

I just did that with USEM and am waiting for my answer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.