sirexer2779

Need help! Affidavid of support!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys this website is great, helped me alot about filing for a K1 visa. I need your advice though, I'm in process of doing my K1 visa and my fiancee is from the Philippines. I'm about the file income tax for 2013 but the thing is I only worked for about 6 months because I recently graduated in the Philppines and just got back here in the U.S. My income is about 21k, I worked for at this one job (W2) where I made about 3k and then I took a delivery job where I made 18K, the delivery job is a 1099 so my income doesn't get taxed. Now concerning the K1, when I file my taxes should I not claim deductions so it will show my income over the poverty limit and pay about 2 to 3k in taxes or claim my deductions that will reduce my income to 8k thus paying only 300 in taxes and be below the povety line. Now I checked the forums and most people say The Philippines consulate will go on current sustainable income (I make about 1500 per 2 weeks so 3000 a month x 12 = 36000. Does this apply to subcontractors getting 1099? Do the consolate only look at gross income? What should I do about my income tax? I don't really want to use a cosponsor, is my income good enough? My employer said they can make me an employment letter showing my income and i will have a years worth of pay check stubs. What should I do. Thanks for your help.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys this website is great, helped me alot about filing for a K1 visa. I need your advice though, I'm in process of doing my K1 visa and my fiancee is from the Philippines. I'm about the file income tax for 2013 but the thing is I only worked for about 6 months because I recently graduated in the Philppines and just got back here in the U.S. My income is about 21k, I worked for at this one job (W2) where I made about 3k and then I took a delivery job where I made 18K, the delivery job is a 1099 so my income doesn't get taxed. Now concerning the K1, when I file my taxes should I not claim deductions so it will show my income over the poverty limit and pay about 2 to 3k in taxes or claim my deductions that will reduce my income to 8k thus paying only 300 in taxes and be below the povety line. Now I checked the forums and most people say The Philippines consulate will go on current sustainable income (I make about 1500 per 2 weeks so 3000 a month x 12 = 36000. Does this apply to subcontractors getting 1099? Do the consolate only look at gross income? What should I do about my income tax? I don't really want to use a cosponsor, is my income good enough? My employer said they can make me an employment letter showing my income and i will have a years worth of pay check stubs. What should I do. Thanks for your help.

(psst! even with a 1099 your income gets taxed, they just didn't withhold any taxes)

As for your questions. Income (GROSS INCOME) needs to (at least meet) the poverty guidelines of the I-864P for the number of people you support, for two people that is $19,662 so you should be fine. So file your income tax, send a copy to your fiancee along with a copy of your W-2 & 1099 and original I-134. There is no problem doing an employer letter and bring pay stubs.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

For more details follow the flashing arrow below ;)

Pop over to the Philippines forum for better answers related to the process in Manila

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.