peezey

Issues you may need to discuss with your MENA SO

327 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I have met many many people here in America that claim to be from all sorts of places.... just because there great great great grandfather came from there....

Well I am sorry but the perfect answer was given to a lady on a flight to dublin by the cabinstaff... the passanger was claiming because her grandfather came from dublin she was Irish and therefore she was Irish..... the cabin staff asked her if she held a Irish passport.. the lady said NO... she was then told very politly that if she had no irish passport then she was not Irish....

So may be the answer here is if you have or qualify for a passport from palastine the you are from palistine if you have a passport from America then you come from the USA...

My husbands family came from Russia and yes they are Jews does he claim to be from Russia NO he is 100% American.. I was born and brought up and lived my life in Scotland until 2005 so as far as I am concered I am Scottish...

All this ####### about I am 5th generation whatever is just hot air.... if you were not born there and dont live there then you dont come from there....

Kez

Now that you mentioned it...

My family came to Brazil in 1924 from Portugal, and my dad was born to Portuguese immigrants.

I consider myself half-Brazilian and half-Portuguese (even though I found out recently that I am portuguese on both sides of the family), and (for now) I haven't ever been to Portugal.

Should I stop considering myself half-Portuguese? And what should I do with my Portuguese passport? Throw it away?

Their ancestors may have come from there... but they were born and raised here in America... that makes them American... same if I have children thay would be born here in the USA that would make them American... yes there Mother would be Scottish but they would be American... and if they had children of their own in years to come they to would be american and so on and so on.... they could not claim a british passport they would have no right to live and work in the UK and would not be classed as being Scottish/British....

Kez

You're right. I will give up on my Portuguese citizenship...

It was good while it lasted...

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Now, it is revealed that you don't even understand Arabic, as you required a translation of what my husband wrote – and note, this was in plain and simple Arabic, not the elaborate language of Qur'an or the more polished language of Arab media. Yet you profess to have done extensive research in Islamic studies.

Who translated it, where and when? I'm sure lots of folks want a copy.

Just because I wasn't going to respond to the nastiness on the thread means nothing. You guys had your chance to PM me and see if I speak Arabic or not; I invited you, you didn't show. Give it up. It's old news now.

Edited by Green-eyed girl

Filed: Timeline
All this ####### about I am 5th generation whatever is just hot air.... if you were not born there and dont live there then you dont come from there....

Kez

then how did they get here if they didn't come from there?

Who said I was FROM Palestine anyway? My great grandfather and grandfather were. I said I'm Palestinian, and I am. Keep your voluntary immigrant stories out of this. We didn't leave voluntarily, we were pushed out. There's a difference. Think of it as if China finally gave up Tibet so the Dali Lama could go home. Much more like that than Europeans escaping Europe on their own. Lots of you went to Palestine, btw.

You are no more Palestinian than I am Greman.... My Great Grandfather was driven out of Gremany so dont start your ###### on me... you are american of palestinian desent... that is all nothing more...

And as far as I am aware there is nothing stopping you moving to Palestine at this time if you feel so close to that culture.... then you will be an American in Palestine... wont that be fun.

Kez

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Kez

Who said I was FROM Palestine anyway? My great grandfather and grandfather were. I said I'm Palestinian, and I am. Keep your voluntary immigrant stories out of this. We didn't leave voluntarily, we were pushed out. There's a difference. Think of it as if China finally gave up Tibet so the Dali Lama could go home. Much more like that than Europeans escaping Europe on their own. Lots of you went to Palestine, btw.

You are no more Palestinian than I am Greman.... My Great Grandfather was driven out of Gremany so dont start your ###### on me... you are american of palestinian desent... that is all nothing more...

And as far as I am aware there is nothing stopping you moving to Palestine at this time if you feel so close to that culture.... then you will be an American in Palestine... wont that be fun.

Kez

i've looked and i can't find a gremany on the map.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Kez

Kez

thvery.jpg

Kez

Kez

:lol::lol: It was a test to see how well you were reading my posts....

Kez

My sons are half Yemeni (their father immigrated here 15 yrs ago) should I tell them to stop telling ppl they're Yemeni?

Kez

Timeline

Kez

Kez

:lol::lol: It was a test to see how well you were reading my posts....

Kez

it really threw me when you said greman. for some reason, i first thought it said gremlin. :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
My sons are half Yemeni (their father immigrated here 15 yrs ago) should I tell them to stop telling ppl they're Yemeni?

According to several here, yes. Who needs for Arabs to keep being Arabs? After all, they may find themselves being Americans in Palestine, and wont that be fun.

Timeline
Will someone please post a copy of the translation WOM mentioned? I must have misplaced mine, darn it!

don't hold your breath :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Will someone please post a copy of the translation WOM mentioned? I must have misplaced mine, darn it!

Isn't it on the "Shame on you for not being from Palestine" forum???

Timeline

one can only read that after they've atoned for their sin of being born that way.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

:lol: :lol: I almost snotted out my cereal on that one :lol: :lol: Be careful, I'm eating :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.