Schneider

I 601 waiver approved from Nebraska

20 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hi everyone, Nebraska Service Center approved my I 601 application.

Now I have to schedule appointment with US embassy new delhi.

My questions are:-

1. What kind of interview it's going to be?

2. Are they gonna interrogate me about the waiver application?

3. Do they have right to revoke the approved waiver?

4. What is this post decision activity? When I check status of my case online, it says that waiver approved and case is going through post decision activity.

Please shed some light on it, I'm really confused. It's like... have I passed the test or I'm going to appear in the test.

Confused...,

YAY ! ! CONGRATS ! ! ! how long did it take for them to approve the waiver ????

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I filed it with lockbox in September 2013, 2 days later on September 26 I received receipt notice.

Then after 6 months and 1 day that is on march 27 2014 I received the approval.

Can you please help me with answers to my questions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They will give you an interview , just like other visa applicants, they will examine your qualification for the visa and if you are using a US person to get a green card or if you have a valid case. Of course they will look at your case harder and ask tough question during your interview. They will not reject the waiver but they can refuse to issue a visa if they feel you don't qualify for it. As the son/daughter it is unlikely they will not find a valid relationship. but they will look heavily at any other issues you may have . Also you can expect AP after the interview.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

So it means approval from Nebraska is just an illusion. Actual test is yet to come, means waiver is not yet granted . They will ask me questions about the hardship I explained in the waiver application.

Ok then I'll be prepared. I know this AP thing it can happen at any stage. I already went through it before.

Timeline

They will give you an interview , just like other visa applicants, they will examine your qualification for the visa and if you are using a US person to get a green card or if you have a valid case. Of course they will look at your case harder and ask tough question during your interview. They will not reject the waiver but they can refuse to issue a visa if they feel you don't qualify for it. As the son/daughter it is unlikely they will not find a valid relationship. but they will look heavily at any other issues you may have . Also you can expect AP after the interview.

How do you know that I'm the son/daughter to the petitioner?

Timeline

Mr Deol,

Can you tel me how did you apply for this waiver..Did you go through a lawyer or did u apply it by yourself. Thank you

Hi my case was quite complicated, i did it throgh attorney. I hired Marc Ellis immigration attorney from Texas. I was refused under fraud and misrepresentation. But that is his work that fetched me out of this.

My waiver is approved, but still a long way to go. Re-interview, then the AP can grab you again anything can happen after all it's US embassy New Delhi.

Edited by Mr. Deol

Timeline

Can anyone help me with I-864. I mean do I need to update I-864 also, if yes then in my case my mother(petitioner) did not worked since september 2012. So how can she fill a new I-864.

Documents I need to update are:-

1. Affidavit of support

2. Passport Clearence Certificate (PCC)

3. Visa Medical report

4. Recent photographs.

5. New DS-260 form

YAY ! ! CONGRATS ! ! ! how long did it take for them to approve the waiver ????

Thank you

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Mr.Deol,

My case is similar to your case.. I was deported under the same Act for misrepresentation and was looking for a good attorney. I approaced Murthy Law and they are charging a whooping price for the entire process.. May I ask how much did this firm charge you and can you also suggest the attorney name and email id ..

I appreciate your help and wish you good luck.

Thanks

Timeline

Mr.Deol,

My case is similar to your case.. I was deported under the same Act for misrepresentation and was looking for a good attorney. I approaced Murthy Law and they are charging a whooping price for the entire process.. May I ask how much did this firm charge you and can you also suggest the attorney name and email id ..

I appreciate your help and wish you good luck.

Thanks

His email address is marcellislaw@gmail.com

Contact him to find answers to your questions. He is not a

Firm or group. He is a single person who has his office in Texas and Vietnam. His price is quite reasonable. Don't go with that murthy, he is a greedy south Indian. Even I asked him when I was searching for lawyers. He said $10000 retainer.

In your case you can talk to

1. Marc Ellis

www.marcellislaw.com

2. Laura Fernandez in Milwaukee

email is laura@laurafernandezlaw.com

She refused to take my case.

3. Liz cannon (she said $5000 retainer to me)

www.lizzcannonlaw.com

4. Messersmith law firm ( they are very good but they charge a lot, around $10000.

www.messersmithlaw.com

Marc can do it around $2000 and Laura is also somewhere around it, she is good with these waivers.

Liz cannon is most popular.

For better search you can visit immigrate2us.net, it's similar to visajourney but you can find a lot more information about waivers and lawyers on that site.

Well I paid $2000 to attorney, $750 for psychological assessment from a licensed psychologist. $585 waiver fees. Couple of reports from doctors(MD)

I spent around $4000 in total

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi everyone,

As you people know tha nebraska approved my I-601 waiver on 27 march 2014. Consulate received it too on same day.

After that US Embassy New Delhi sent me instructions, which says get new PCC, new medical and update I-864. Then to schedule interview at consulate. I did it same way, I gathered all the updated documents and scheduled appointment on May 16, 2014.(there is huge waiting time to get appointment). During the interview officer didn't asked me anything regarding my waiver, just normal questions. After that he handed me a 221(g) notice to submitt my birth certificate as my file was missing my birth certificate.

I submitted birth certificate at drop off location, consulate received it on 27 May 2014.

Then today on 29th they updated the status on CEAC. It says Administrative Processing again, I already went through this AP twice, now again.

Question is that my file was missing only a document nothing serious. Now what can be the reasons for this new AP.

Please help me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.