edscrispin

I-130 and I-129f being processed together

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good morning to all. I just want to ask why is it both our I-130 and I-129 are still both being processed? Should it that one of them (129) has been closed automatically? Our 130 is at NVC while the 129 is at the US Embassy in Manila. We are now at the process wherein we need to pay the Visa fee. Who should we pay, 130 or 129, and move forward with?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Good morning to all. I just want to ask why is it both our I-130 and I-129 are still both being processed? Should it that one of them (129) has been closed automatically? Our 130 is at NVC while the 129 is at the US Embassy in Manila. We are now at the process wherein we need to pay the Visa fee. Who should we pay, 130 or 129, and move forward with?

HAVE YOU CALLED THE NVC AND ASKED THEM ABOUT THAT? MY BOTH I-129 AND I-130 APRROVED AND RIGHT NOW BOTH AT NVC, I WOULD LIKE TO GO FOR I-129 SINCE IT IS FASTER, DID THE EMBASSY CONTACTED YOU TO MAKE THE INTERVIEW?

event.png

event.png

NVC Journey:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa (Wife and Daughter)

Consulate : Cairo

I-130 Approved: 2014-03-05

NVC Received: 2014-03-18

NVC I-130 Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-04-18

Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-04-24

Finally email from NVC saying it is ok now to continue the process 2014-05-27

Received I-864 Bill : 2014-05-28

Pay I-864 (daughter and wife)Bill: 2014-05-29

I-864 Bill Shows PAID: 2014-06-01

I-864 Package Sent to NVC: 2014-05-30

I-864 Package Received by NVC: 2014-06-05

Receive IV Bill for daughter: 2014-06-05

Pay daughter IV Bill: 2014-06-05

completed DS260 (daughter) 2014-06-10

Receive IV Bill for wife: 2014-08-19

Completed/Submitted DS-260 Online: 2014-08-23

IV Package Sent to NVC (daughter): 2014-06-11

IV Package Received by NVC (wife): 2014-08-22

Case Complete (WIFE): 2014-10-14

INTERVIEW DATE: NOV 13, 2014

VISA ON HAND: NOV 17, 2014

Back to USA: DEC 10, 2014

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HAVE YOU CALLED THE NVC AND ASKED THEM ABOUT THAT? MY BOTH I-129 AND I-130 APRROVED AND RIGHT NOW BOTH AT NVC, I WOULD LIKE TO GO FOR I-129 SINCE IT IS FASTER, DID THE EMBASSY CONTACTED YOU TO MAKE THE INTERVIEW?

I called NVC and told them that I also have another pending application (129) that is in the US embassy in Manila right now. They asked me if I already called the embassy to see whether they will still continue to process it. I told them I haven't called them yet. Maybe I will just go ahead and pay the visa fee for 130 (which is $230 now) and call the embassy in Manila to cancel our application there. Either way, my wife can only process her paper works once she gets back to Manila. So I guess, the 130 route is better since we won't have to adjust my wife's status once she gets here. Thoughts?

Yes the cr1 is superior because your wife will have a green card when she enters the USA vs having to adjust her status. At this stage it takes a little longer to get the interview BUT it's half the cost (considering you can only interciew in Manila) and immediate green card vs waiting for adjustment of status.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.