Dat&Dee

K-1's "Two-Year Rule" Questions

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To the community of VisaJourney.com, Hello to all of you! :) I just wanted to ask a few questions, here goes!

I have some questions regarding the Two-Year Rule of the K-1 Visa.

1. What do they mean "meeting up with the fiancee two years prior to filing the I-129F form"? Are they saying the couple should see each other two years BEFORE they file the petition?

2. My soon to be wife and I have been together for almost 2 and a half years, but have met each other only a couple of months back, she has already visited me TWICE in just a span of 4 months. Do you guys think that we are eligible for the I-129F petition?

Thank you for all the those who respond! May all of you have a pleasant and wonderful day! :)

To the community of VisaJourney.com, Hello to all of you! :) I just wanted to ask a few questions, here goes!

1. What do they mean "meeting up with the fiancee two years prior to filing the I-129F form"? Are they saying the couple should see each other two years BEFORE they file the petition?

2. My soon to be wife and I have been together for almost 2 and a half years, but have met each other only a couple of months back, she has already visited me TWICE in just a span of 4 months. Do you guys think that we are eligible for the I-129F petition?

Thank you for all the those who respond! May all of you have a pleasant and wonderful day! :)

1. The requirement is that you both seen/were together within the last two years. If you were together in 2012 or 2013 or this year you qualify

2. Yes.

AOS

AOS EAD/AP sent: July 23rd

AOS EAD/AP received by USCIS( J Ibarra): July 25th

Email and Text Received: July 30th

NOA1 hard copy: August 4th

Biometrics letter received: August 18th

Biometrics appointment: August 29th

Biometrics completed: August 29th

EAD/AP approved: October 3rd

EAD/AP shipped with tracking number: October 9th

EAD/AP received: October 11th

Notice of potential inteview waiver letter received: November 17th

Dated: November 12th

EAD Renewal sent : June 11th

EAD Renewal NOA1 received: June 15th

Welcome letter received: July 2nd Dated: June 26th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You must have been together face-to-face at least once at any time in the 2 years prior to filing.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Hi Dat&Dee! Welcome to the forum! Yes, you are eligible for filing an I-129f. The 2-year rule simply means that you have personally met each other in the last 2 years prior to the filing of the I-129f, and you have proofs to show this. Evidences include but not limited to passport stamps, flight boarding passes, hotel accommodations, pictures together, etc. :)

Here's the VJ guide for more tips: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Face to face meeting in person for a minimum of at least one second and documentation to prove the meeting in person. Length of relationship does not matter.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The two year requirement is - having met in person WITHIN the past 2 years. You two met in person a couple months ago so all is good! :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The two year requirement is - having met in person WITHIN the past 2 years. You two met in person a couple months ago so all is good!

......As long as you have solid documentation to prove the meeting took place.

The I-129F instructions state, on page 1, under Who May File Form I-129F: 1.b Have met in person within 2 years before filing this petition....

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you guys! We have all the documentation and proof that we did meet, all the plane tickets, itineraries, photos, receipts etc. are all present and accounted for!

Fiancee will file the I-129F soon, wish us luck! :)

Good luck on your journey OP.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Timeline

Fiancee will file the I-129F soon, wish us luck! :)

Nope, can't do that. If you have a legitimate relationship, are serious about it, provide the proper documentation and have adequate financial sponsorship, then you WILL be approved. There is no luck involved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.