a&o

Ghanaians in Santa Fe, New Mexico

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

O and I made it to Santa Fe and we're happily settling in. He's adjusting well (and I'm adjusting, too: 2 years in Ghana and I have a little culture shock myself) and we're busy with all the stuff/insurance/jobs a person needs in these United States.

Just checking to find out if by any chance in heck there are other Ghanaians in or near Santa Fe, New Mexico. I think there might be some people in Albuquerque, but that's a long horse ride away! ;)

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Filed: Timeline

I have not heard of any there, but I also don't know anyone there. Maybe you could move to tampa, fl. we have a lot here. Does your family live in new mexico, I was wondering what brings you there. I thought you lived in new york, who knows where I got that idea from. Good luck trying to find ghanaians in new mexico.

also how was the wedding, i wish to see some pictures of it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My job brings me to Santa Fe. And friends, too. It's an easy place for us to land and get acclimated, I think, because it's so compact and laid-back. I have family in New York City so we spent time there but I would never want to struggle so hard to make a life there again, even though I love visiting. O thought it was too big. Tampa would be nice for the warmth! We'll keep it in mind...maybe in a couple of years....

We haven't had a wedding yet. The whole visa process was so unpredictable that we didn't have the energy to plan a nice wedding and we didn't want to just let the U.S. immigration process make us feel rushed or liek we're on their timeline (even though we are). We're doing that now. I'll post pictures. Thanks for asking!

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

HI A&O,

Welcome back to U. S. soil, I understand what you mean about not planning a wedding it's kind of hard when you are at the mercy of the immigration process, not knowing if the visa will be approved or delayed. I have only mentioned plans and have not made any because of that reason alone not even discussed flight arrangements. Just waiting :whistle:. Tell O I said welcome to America. I hope he is adjusting well to life in the US. Good luck to you both on planning that wedding!!!!!!! Take care!!!!

Robin

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well I don't know any Ghanaians, but I live in Albuquerque now and lived in Santa Fe for several years. It's a nice place to live, with people from all over the world. I hope you can get used to the snow! :lol:

billoboe07.jpg

Edited by garya505

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

A&O,

If ever you and your significant other find yourselves in California, then drop me a line! I guess we could say we are neighbors in a way cause we are both on the same side of the U.S.!

I was laughing about your post about you feeling culture shock after being away in Ghana for 2 years and then to return to Santa Fe, NM! Wow talk about 2 different worlds!

Well hope you both adjust well to life there and find ways to bring pieces of Ghana to Santa Fe! Hope you both can locate an african market nearby to get your doses of fufu, gari, shito, and all the delicious West African Cuisine!

:D

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.