Ahmed & Ella

ellabentalha

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well, Ella. I can't speak about k-1 visa. Basically, we're behind you in filing a couple of month. But the same sh... happened to us. I didn't re-file for K-3, still waiting for somebody to do something. I'm in contact with the Congress Woman's office as well as Senator's office - doesn't help much.

Tried calling DOS - got only 'all representatives are busy, call back again later" after staying on the phone for a while.

In February it'll be a year since 221(g). VISA PROCESS SUCKS!!! ::blink::(:girlwerewolf2xn::cry::clock::ranting:

It's like what i've heard on the radio another day, a guy was talking about prizes for guessing something and he said, you'd get a Roomba! That's a vacuum cleaner that sucks all by itself! That's what I think about visa process! :ranting: :ranting: :bonk:

Have you received nothing from the local service center where the petition was originally filed? Have they sent a you a receipt notice or anything? You cannot just refile the K3 with one that is pending, doing that will only complicate things further.

Contact the Ombudsman for the USCIS, especially if you have heard nothing about your returned K3. Here is a link: USCIS Ombudsman.

Now, the Ombudsman cannot make the USCIS change a decision, but they can make them move faster in getting your case reviewed, the Ombudsman deals with processing times or the lack thereof. Provide the Ombudsman with everything you have about your case, any communications about the returned file from the consulate and the USCIS.

Also, I just posted some information about returned cases here: Returned Petitions via 221g

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello Ella, I am sorry your fiance received a 221g. However I am confused because you say that the K-1 was approved.... if you have received a 221g stating it was under further review, that means it wasnt approved and more than likely sent back to your service center. Administrative review and administrative processing is different. When Samir went for his interview, he was in administrative processing for 2 weeks while they did the last security checks. This is in Algeria, so it may take longer in Morocco. It sounds like to me you might want to call your senator or congressman, and fill out a form so they can inquire about your case. Calling the USCIS is a waste of time really. I was impatient and tired of waiting and called my senators office who fortunately is Elizabeth Dole and got approved 2 days later. Try that and see if it helps.

Best of luck,

Shannon

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello Ella, I am sorry your fiance received a 221g. However I am confused because you say that the K-1 was approved.... if you have received a 221g stating it was under further review, that means it wasnt approved and more than likely sent back to your service center. Administrative review and administrative processing is different. When Samir went for his interview, he was in administrative processing for 2 weeks while they did the last security checks. This is in Algeria, so it may take longer in Morocco. It sounds like to me you might want to call your senator or congressman, and fill out a form so they can inquire about your case. Calling the USCIS is a waste of time really. I was impatient and tired of waiting and called my senators office who fortunately is Elizabeth Dole and got approved 2 days later. Try that and see if it helps.

Best of luck,

Shannon

hello shannon, i never gotten any kind of letter stating that i was denied..just for further review...i do have a congress lady helping me now..she is waiting to hear from vermont..there not responding to her either..but im sure she knows something i dont to get them to answer her....hopefully we will hear something soon...thank you so much...ella :dance:

ELLA BENTALHA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
ELLA, your husband's from Khemisset? I've been there twice with my hubby - he has relatives there.

hello tanya, yes my fiance is from khemisette... i loved it there it was very beautiful ive been there 2 times so far we had a beautiful ring ceremony the first time i was there....thanks ella :dance:

I wouldn't say it's beautiful, but it's pretty nice and small. I think if i went back there i'd be pretty much able to find anything or at least not get lost. I've been to Fes too, but didn't like it too much - hard to breathe in some places and some other stuff.

Tanya

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.