Sabrina_T

New member :)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone! I have been reading these forums for what seems like an eternity and thought I'd finally join and actually say hi! smile.png Already posted in General Forum but someone suggested I also try here!

I'm Sabrina and I live in England. March 2010 I was talking to a friend in Georgia and she randomly said I should talk to her friend Mitchel. He had just come out of the Navy and she thought we should talk. I was NOT interested in meeting anyone, Especially so far away and I like he had, Just broke up with my ex.

The sneaky wench was talking to Mitch at the same time, Telling him he should talk to ME! Next thing I know, He adds me on Facebook and messages me. The plan was, We say hi just to be polite and tell our friend Thanks, But no thanks.

What happened next, No One could of predicted. We spoke that night for 4 hours straight and something clicked.

Over the next few days and weeks, We spoke every day without fail about anything and everything. Seeing that little box light up with a message made my heart jump with joy. The weeks turned into months and by July, We had to admit that our feelings had grown way beyond friendship. We had fallen for each other big time but everything was still scary and uncertain. We were sure we wanted to be together but didn't know how. We decided that I would save up and go there to Atlanta, Given the exchange rate worked well in my favour and he was at full time work and school. We didn't want to rush things as we had both been badly hurt and scammed out of a lot of money by our ex's. We continued to make plans and get to know each others family and friends through the endless Skype/Facetime calls.

I flew out there to Atlanta, Georgia on my own on the 31st May 2012. Seeing him there at the airport, It really was the most incredible feeling I have ever had in my life! He was there, In front of me. He was real, He was mine. I knew that I loved this man more than I ever thought possible and had no doubt I wanted to be there forever with him. Thankfully, He felt the same! We went back to his house, Where his family were waiting and I was embraced by everyone and made to feel the most welcome I've ever felt. The next 2 weeks were perfect and went by too quickly but we had already arranged for me to be there for our first Christmas and New Year together.

I've since flown out there to be with him 4 more times, Each more perfect than the last. He has graduated University with his degree and plans to be here asap for a visit.

He proposed December 24th 2013 and we became engaged wub.png We knew already we wanted to go down the K1 route, As it was the quickest and we were more than prepared! We filed early March 2014 and received our NOA1 a week after. Now the waiting begins!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-03

I-129F NOA1: 2014-03-10

I-129F NOA2: 2014-08-28

Sent to NVC: 2014-09-03

Arrived at NVC: 2014-09-12

Case Number: 2014-09-16

Embassy Received Case: 2014-09-23

Medical (Passed). 2014-10-23

Interview (APPROVED) 2014-12-18

Visa In Hand. 2014-12-30

MOVING DAY!!! 2015-01-02

Wedding!! 2015-01-24

Welcome. Come back to us in a few months when you can start your Pre-NOA2 prep as listed in the K1 guide at the top of the forums. Until then, watch and learn! :)

"What's yours is mine!"

Welcome! I loved reading your story at the part about the airport. The first time I met my husband at the airport seemed just like that. What a beautiful story you two have. Good luck and welcome to the forum. The UK forum has been a gem for my husband and I. Though we are on the CR/IR route there are many people here to help with the K1 if you need it.

* 21 APR 2016 - 90 Days before husbands conditional green card expires

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Welcome to the UK forum and good luck with your process :)

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Such a nice story, thanks for sharing and welcome to VJ. I too spent a long time absorbing the information available here before saying hello. This website is invaluable in helping me understand the complex and lengthy visa process; it would simply be impossible for us to get through it all without the incredible help and support of folks around here.

Most days I casually pop in just to read other people's stories whilst I wait. Makes me reflect positively on this arduous time and I feel a part of something bigger, a community. My USC fiancé likes to remind me of my status as "alien" just to tease me, which is great fun.

All the best with your exciting future. Keep the love.

D

x

I surprised her with a proposal in Los Angeles, and this is how it went down!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.