paw0222

HELP K1 QUESTION

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HI, I AM NEW HERE MY QUESTION ON K1 VISA. ME AND MY GRILFRIEND ABOUT LIVING TOGETHER,SHE IS MY HIGH SCHOOL FRIEND, AFTER MOVING TO USA I HAVENT SEEN HER IN YEARS,LAST YEAR MARCH WE START TALKING IN FACEBOOK. SOMEWHAT SOMEHOW WE START LIKING EACH OTHER THEN AFTER 5MONTHS ITS OFFICIALLY US LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP. THEN WE PLANED TO MEET LAST DECEMBER 2013 IT HAPPEN I WAS WITH HER FOR A MONTH,THEN I WENT BACK HERE IN THE STATES. MY QUESTION IS CAN I APPLY HER A K1 VISA EVEN I HAVENT PROPOSE TO HER?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You have physically met within the last two years so yes, you can petition.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your income is enough. How long have you yourself been a US citizen and by which process? That is a factor of consideration for the consular officer.

Your income is enough. How long have you yourself been a US citizen and by which process? That is a factor of consideration for the consular officer.

i just got naturalized 3weeks ago but i have been living in the states for 10yrs now and i am in the military

Timeline

i just got naturalized 3weeks ago but i have been living in the states for 10yrs now and i am in the military

OK I believe with the time it will take you to file and submit the application you should be fine. It will raise a red flag though. I know there was at one time a special priority for ACTIVE duty military personnel (NOT reservists) out of the Philippines' embassy. I do not know whether or not they still provide that priority and in what capacity. Do you mind explaining exactly how your fiance was able to travel to the US and Saudi Arabia?

OK I believe with the time it will take you to file and submit the application you should be fine. It will raise a red flag though. I know there was at one time a special priority for ACTIVE duty military personnel (NOT reservists) out of the Philippines' embassy. I do not know whether or not they still provide that priority and in what capacity. Do you mind explaining exactly how your fiance was able to travel to the US and Saudi Arabia?

whats the red flag? i belive there a console in jeddah that the nearest she will be, we meet in the Philippines and she have not been in the US

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

even i havent propose to her?

A formal proposal is not required by USCIS. Neither is an engagement ring.

Edited by kitthekat

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

whats the red flag? i belive there a console in jeddah that the nearest she will be, we meet in the Philippines and she have not been in the US

The red flag would be that just 4 weeks ago you were not a US citizen...and now just a few months after becoming a US citizen you are petitioning another foreign national to become a US citizen. It is just a red flag..but I think you'll be able to overcome it. As long as u met in last 2 years, have some evidence, highlight your tenure in the military... you should be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

A formal proposal is not required by USCIS. Neither is an engagement ring.

This is correct.

The K1 requires you both to plan to marry within 90 days of the immigrant's arrival in the USA. You do not need to have gone down on one knee, or have a engagement party, or anything like that- it is about what is in your heads, about your plans.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.