14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I checked my husband's case today and it stated that a RFE was sent out on March 7, 2014 I think they're gonna send it to Morelia, Michoacan since that's where he is now I hope it doesn't take forever I'm pretty sad I wished things would of been different we have been separated for a while now and the RFE just makes the process longer once is there a way to find out what they are requesting and once I send it back does any body know about how long it takes them to review and hopefully approve, any information would be helpful thanks in advance (:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Duplicate thread removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello

We received a RFE letter today. I am speechless as my husband did biometrics in August and now they have asked for almost everything we originally sent.

I have a call in to our lawyer and will post more once I hear from him.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So we had an RFE issued in January and it never arrived. Advocate for yourself, your husband will have to call since they will only speak to the applicant, but if the letter is not received after 15 days of issue, he can call. When he calls, don't let them bs him around. He can ask for a reissue of the letter AND for the letter to be sent to your address. If this happens, then you will probably receive a case status update that says address change and initial review. Don't be fooled, there is still an RFE. They then have 15 more days to get the RFE to the new address.

For us, after waiting 30 days to get the dang thing, it was a silly RFE. It only took us one business day to get the information. Then, when they received it, the process went really fast.. We were in RFE Response Review for 3 business days. On business day 4, we had another address change notification and business day 5 was an approval. And that brings us up to last Thursday.

Now, this was a really easy RFE, so I'll hope that yours is as well.

Timeline

Wow best of luck to you and your family Midwest Family. Faisal213 My RFE is for the I-601 waiver. ShirahBet thanks for the heads up its a relief to know what to expect may I ask what your RFE was for?

Timeline

Sure, our RFE was for the refusal letter from the consulate and proof that he had a pending immigrant visa case. I thought it was hilarious because they can just look that stuff up in their computer system. But ok.

Timeline

Lol pretty silly well I hope ours is a piece of cake RFE the refusal letter is the blue slip they give them at the Consulate right?

Sure, our RFE was for the refusal letter from the consulate and proof that he had a pending immigrant visa case. I thought it was hilarious because they can just look that stuff up in their computer system. But ok.

when ur RFE ill aproved?how long time it will take to issue ur visa?why they refused ur visa?

Timeline

Lol pretty silly well I hope ours is a piece of cake RFE the refusal letter is the blue slip they give them at the Consulate right?

Yes, but in our case, they didn't give him a slip, I told him to ask for it, but they gave him a general piece of paper saying where he could file the waiver. It was an easy fix. The consulate emailed it within hours of us asking for it for the RFE.

when ur RFE ill aproved?how long time it will take to issue ur visa?why they refused ur visa?

If you require a waiver to proceed with the visa, the visa is refused at the time of interview. That's standard. The time it takes to issue a visa after RFE approval from a waiver depends entirely on the consulate and what they require. In our case, they're requiring new police clearance and new medicals. No second interview, just a walk-in to the consulate. Then it's however long it takes them to put the visa in the passport and issue any other related documents.

Edited by ShirahBet

Timeline

ShirahBet i had a question if i change the address will that affect the delivery of his visa if we do get approved for the waiver he lives in mexico and they deliver all the info via DHL is that how your husbands is being processed of does he go to the Embassy? when they get approved im under the impression that they send you another letter stating what needs to be done right i know he si gonna more than likely need another medical becasue hes first one was back in May of 2013. So Im wondering if its better that i change the address so we get the approval letter much faster here in the US. Thanks ahead of time (:

Timeline

ShirahBet i had a question if i change the address will that affect the delivery of his visa if we do get approved for the waiver he lives in mexico and they deliver all the info via DHL is that how your husbands is being processed of does he go to the Embassy? when they get approved im under the impression that they send you another letter stating what needs to be done right i know he si gonna more than likely need another medical becasue hes first one was back in May of 2013. So Im wondering if its better that i change the address so we get the approval letter much faster here in the US. Thanks ahead of time (:

I think each consulate varies. So my address in the States has changes since we started the entire process...and definitely since the NVC stage. When my husband goes to the consulate next week, he has to tell them of my new address so that his green card is mailed to our current address.

Medicals last for 6 months, so yes, he'll need a new medical. My husband also had to get new police clearances and new passport photos. His consulate didn't send him a letter, they just called him and were like, "hey buddy, come on in when you have this information and you'll leave your passport and we'll let you know in a day or two that it's ready."

CDJ has an entirely different process. I believe you have to schedule your appointments online and there's a DHL system or Aramex or something where the passports are picked back up. There's actually an entire thread dedicated to post-waiver approvals for CDJ over on immigrate2us.net. Definitely worth checking out.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We finally got the RFE, and Im pretty upset cant beleive I made such a simple mistake, I signed my husband I-601 waiver and it was suppose to be him so we will get that fixed and sent back out. I did have a question during the wait for the waiver we had our second child She was born December 6, 2013 should i add her to the application and send her info aswell to make the waiver stroimnger and piks or shoiuld i just send what they are asking me for?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.