LadyTre0627

Passport taken during Interview? Yes or No?

8 posts in this topic

So we had our interview on 3/3/14 at Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and were approved. I do not recall them taking his passport. For the rest of the day I said to my fiance that I was a little concerned because they didn't keep it but not too concerned because I saw some people post on here saying that they didn't take theirs. Now we can't find it. I looked through my things and he looked through his. So we think maybe they did take it and we were just too stressed to remember.

Questions I have:

1. For those who have been through it recently, did they hold it or let you keep it?

2. When did they take it? I think that if someone did take it it was the first woman who called us to ask for our papers, not the fingerprints and def not the man who did the interview. Does this sound right?

3. Can we call/who should we call to check and see if they have it?

4. worst case scenerio - if we lost it, is it going to be a problem if he goes and gets a new one?

I know most likely they have it and we were just flustered.. but worrying about it so I thought I would ask. Thanks.

<Tre'

Edited by LadyTre0627

Ofcourse they keep the passport, they need the passport to print the visa on it.

Did you pay a domex?

if you were approved you must pay at domex and wait that they send the passport with the visa.

They have his passport so no need to panic! The visa is actually a page in the passport so once it's ready it will be in your Domex packet.

Congrats on your approval!

K1

3/13/13: Filed K1 Application

3/20/13: NOA1

7/12/13: RFE

8/5/13: RFE Reply

8/26/13: NVC Received

9/4/13: Packet 4 received via email

9/23/13: Fiancee received his hard Packet 4

12/5/13: Interview, Visa Aprobada!

12/12/13: Visa Received

12/13/13: Entry into US

AOS

1/15/14: Filed AOS

1/22/14: NOA

2/13/14: Biometrics Appointment

3/25/14: EAD and AP Approved

3/31/14: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

4/28/14: Received Interview Waiver Letter

10/8/14: Called USCIS and was allowed to file a Service Request since we're outside of normal processing times for our local office. Should have a response in 15-30 days.

10/29/14: Received letter (dated 10/27/14, exactly 1 day before the 6 month mark) stating that our case would be transferred to the Houston field office for processing.

11/28/14: Received letter (dated 11/20/14) stating that our case had been received at the Sacremento office and would be processed there and if we don't hear from them in 60 days to contact NVC.

12/9/14: Card is in production

12/16/14: 2 year card in hand!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

They take the passport when you turn in the ds160 and other forms

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.