KendrickPaula

spousal visa, do we need to hire an attorney? or can we do it by ourselves?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Do it yourself by reading the instructions on VJ. If you have any questions, you can always come back to visa journey and ask. Don't waste your money with these attorneys - they are all crooks. Paying $1800 for exactly what? This price tag just makes me mad. You are better off doing it yourself.

By the way I am available to offer my time for you free of charge if you have any doubt with the process. Good luck as you begin your immigration process.

Edited by longtrip
USCIS:

04/01/13: I-130 Sent

04/03/13: I-130 Package received by CIS – Priority Date

04/04/13: I-130 NOA1 Email received

04/08/13: I-130 Check cashed ($420)

04/08/13: I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy received

11/14/13: I-130 transferred from NBC to Nebraska Service Center

03/02/14: I-130 NOA2 Email received

03/06/14: I-130 Email received - Shipped to NVC

03/06/14: I-130 NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC:

03/12/14: I-130 petition received at NVC

04/14/14: I-130 Case number Assigned

04/16/14: AOS invoice generated

04/16/14: AOS invoice available and PAID ($88.00)

04/17/14: Mailed AOS Package to NVC

04/21/14: AOS Package delivered at NVC

04/24/14: IV invoice available and PAID ($230)

04/25/14: IV Package mailed to NVC

04/28/14: IV Package delivered at NVC

04/28/14: IV Fees deducted from bank account

04/29/14: IV fee shows as “PAID”

04/29/14: DS-260 Submitted online

05/12/14: AOS (I-864) Accepted – No checklist

05/20/14: Case complete

06/11/14: Interview date assigned (July 29 at 8am)

06/12/14: Case shipped to consulate

CONSULATE (Cameroon):

06/16/14: Case arrives consulate

06/26/14: Case shows READY in system

07/14/14: Medical done - Medical Fees ($220)

07/29/14: Interview date @ 8:00 am. Interview Approved

08/21/14: Visa Received

08/27/14: US Entry

09/05/14: Paid Immigrant Fee via USCIS Elis system ($165)

09/12/14: Immigrant Case received by USCIS Mesquite TX office

10/02/14: Green card received

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751):

06/03/16: I-751 sent ($590)

06/06/16: NOA1 Date (I-751 Package received by CIS)

06/13/16: I-1751 NOA1 Hardcopy received (with note EXTENDING CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE FOR 1 MORE YEAR). No need to have passport stamped at local office while case is being processed.

Do it yourself by reading the instructions on VJ. If you have any questions, you can always come back to visa journey and ask. Don't waste your money with these attorneys - they are all crooks. Paying $1800 for exactly what? This price tag just makes me mad. You are better off doing it yourself.

By the way I am available to offer my time for you free of charge if you have any doubt with the process. Good luck as you begin your immigration process.

thankyou so much.. well i have a problem my fiance kendrick, has been unemployed when he went here for a vacation.. and i dont know what income we can show the embassy but were getting his dad as our co sponsor.. any suggestion?

Filed cr1 via dcf nov 14, 2014

Approved application nov 26, 2014

Case number december 3, 2014

-----------------------------------had personal things to do so medical and interview was delayed after a month

Medical feb 2-3 2015

Interview- feb 12 2015 APPROVED!!!!

Yes Dear By All Means Please Do!!!.... I learned my lesson by hiring and wasting money getting a lawyer to do the same I could of did If I had read the instructions.

I paid out $3,000.00 dollars to a lawyer to file my I129 finance` visa and my then fiancé` still got denied, OMG that was something, when that happen I was devastated because I had paid a lawyer for nothing, I could have kept that money in my pocket!!..

We have been together for 4 years and We are now married.

Now learning from my mistakes I filled out our I130 petition myself and put together all our documents, it was easy my dear, with the instructions and the help of the members on Visa Journey, you can do it too!!!....

There is information on This site that gives you step by step on putting all your documents together in order and even gives you a sample cover letter to send with it.

Best Wishes& Kind Regards

Tina~Marnia

thankyou so much.. well i have a problem my fiance kendrick, has been unemployed when he went here for a vacation.. and i dont know what income we can show the embassy but were getting his dad as our co sponsor.. any suggestion?

I think you may have many problems. With your fiance being currently unemployed? Also if I am not mistaken I believe the Philippines is not very fond of sponsors but you might need to look into that further. If your fiance is not making and cannot prove that he is making above the minimum income requirements I would certainly not waste my time on an attorney because he will not be able to bring you to US if that is the case. It sounds to me like the two of you have a lot of work to do. I think he needs to get responsible and get back to the US and get a solid job, making well above the poverty minimum. I think he will have to do this for at least two years before he will be allowed to bring you to the US. He needs to get a job in the US. Prove income then file. In the meantime you can do the DNA testing, etc...and overcome the other obstacles that seem to be in your way.

Good Luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I've seen examples on here where attorneys have actually slowed peoples cases down so definitely do it yourselves if your case is uncomplicated. People on here can be super helpful if you get stuck :)

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.