Caladan

Checklist

14 posts in this topic

So C. is here for a short visit, and I'm handing him all of the information he needs for a successful interview. He has yet to have his medical, but other than that, here's what I'm giving him:

1) Copy of the I-129F petition I sent in.

2) Originals of boarding passes, receipts, and other evidence.

3) Original of my birth certificate (he's insisting he doesn't need this.)

4) I-134:

-two notarized copies of the form

-two notarized copies of the tax return

-two bank letters from bank A

-two bank letters from bank B

-two letters from employment

-two recent pay stubs

-one letter detailng summer assignment & income (grad student, picked up a summer course, no documentation on the income before March.)

5) Co-sponsor's I-134.

6) one signed OF-167. (not notarized. does it need to be? does co-sponsor need to sign this, too?)

7) Several months of phone bills

8) Two small photo albums.

This is just stuff from my end. He has a few things to add. Anything I'm forgetting?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So C. is here for a short visit, and I'm handing him all of the information he needs for a successful interview. He has yet to have his medical, but other than that, here's what I'm giving him:

1) Copy of the I-129F petition I sent in.

2) Originals of boarding passes, receipts, and other evidence.

3) Original of my birth certificate (he's insisting he doesn't need this.)

4) I-134:

-two notarized copies of the form

-two notarized copies of the tax return

-two bank letters from bank A

-two bank letters from bank B

-two letters from employment

-two recent pay stubs

-one letter detailng summer assignment & income (grad student, picked up a summer course, no documentation on the income before March.)

5) Co-sponsor's I-134.

6) one signed OF-167. (not notarized. does it need to be? does co-sponsor need to sign this, too?)

7) Several months of phone bills

8) Two small photo albums.

This is just stuff from my end. He has a few things to add. Anything I'm forgetting?

OF-167 does not need to be notarized. And yes, the co-sponsor needs to sign it too.

Did you include your W2 with your tax return?

Did you include your co-sponsor's income tax return and W2 in their I-134?

The W-2? They don't ask for that anywhere on the I-134, though that's easy enough for me to procure.

My co-sponsor is self-employed, and we have his tax return, but no W-2.

AOS

-

Timeline
The W-2? They don't ask for that anywhere on the I-134, though that's easy enough for me to procure.

My co-sponsor is self-employed, and we have his tax return, but no W-2.

Yeah it doesn't ask for it on the I-134, but Vancouver will ask for it.

Excellent. Thanks for the catch. Friggin' government forms, not askin' for th' t'ings they want. At least W-2s are easy to photocopy.

AOS

-

Couple of questions popped up while reading this thread:

What is the OF-167?? I dont have this anywhere as a required document?

Do we need TWO notarized copies of the I-134? I thought it was one copy notarized and a duplicate?

Can somebody clarify please?

Thanks

Monique

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline
Couple of questions popped up while reading this thread:

What is the OF-167?? I dont have this anywhere as a required document?

Do we need TWO notarized copies of the I-134? I thought it was one copy notarized and a duplicate?

Can somebody clarify please?

Thanks

Monique

I only brought one notarized copy of the I-134 to the interview; they didn't look for a duplicate.

The OF-167 is the sheet entitled "Sponsor's Financial Responsibility Under The Social Security Act" that should have been included in Packet 3 from Vancouver. I don't know if it is the same for Montreal.

Here's a blank scanned copy in case you've misplaced it: http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9872/of167rv7.jpg

The OF-167 is the sheet entitled "Sponsor's Financial Responsibility Under The Social Security Act" that should have been included in Packet 3 from Vancouver. I don't know if it is the same for Montreal.

Here's a blank scanned copy in case you've misplaced it: http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9872/of167rv7.jpg

Nope, definately did not get this from Montreal. If there are any Montrealers out there who got this, let me know.

Thanks

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Anyone here self-employed? If so, did you need three years of tax returns/1099s to be a co-sponsor? (The I-134 asks for one, someone up in the Foreign Embassy forum is telling me three, and I think there's a limit to how much more I can ask my dad to notarize.)

AOS

-

Timeline
Anyone here self-employed? If so, did you need three years of tax returns/1099s to be a co-sponsor? (The I-134 asks for one, someone up in the Foreign Embassy forum is telling me three, and I think there's a limit to how much more I can ask my dad to notarize.)

I don't know about self-employed co-sponsors, but the tax return/W2 I sent in did not have to be notarized. The only thing notarized was the I-134.

Timeline

Does anyone know if Montreal asks for the W-2 We have everything but that can't find it

It doesn't say in the package 3 to bring a W2

I have all last yrs tax report but no W2 Will this be a problemto them if I don't have it (the W2 )

Thanks Allie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

W-2s may not be in the mail for a few weeks yet, so if you don't have one, don't worry. It's the IRS tax transcripts that tell the income story, so that's the best bit of supporting evidence. I believe Caladan has a good "package," with tax return, letters from banks and employer, and pay stubs. There's also a co-sponsor.

Once again, it's up to the officer to pass judgement: is there enough evidence to show that the foreigner will be supported by family and not the taxpayer. I'd say there's plenty of evidence.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Timeline
W-2s may not be in the mail for a few weeks yet, so if you don't have one, don't worry. It's the IRS tax transcripts that tell the income story, so that's the best bit of supporting evidence. I believe Caladan has a good "package," with tax return, letters from banks and employer, and pay stubs. There's also a co-sponsor.

Once again, it's up to the officer to pass judgement: is there enough evidence to show that the foreigner will be supported by family and not the taxpayer. I'd say there's plenty of evidence.

Thanks for the reply Jersey Girl

What Lorry sent me is a copy of the 2005 tax return she filed. It has everything on there for income and deductions If they ask for the W2 I won't have it.. We're hoping it won't be grounds for non-approval Everything else they need I have.

It seems as this all gets closer to conclusion the panic and what if mode is setting in regarding paperwork required by the Consulate

Good luck to you on the 18 Hope it all goes well

Thanks

Allie and Lorry

I'm worried I'm going to bury the poor officer.

My 2006 W-2 arrived Jan. 3 because I can get them electronically. So, in addition to what I listed above, I'm sending the 2005 W-2 (which matches with the most recent tax return and is $500 under the poverty level), the 2006 W-2 (which is well over the poverty level)...

and since none of the figures match (except for the bank balances) as when I filled out the I-134 I was estimating 2006.... to top it off, universities' fiscal years are September-August....so my letter from my employer is for 2006-2007, which will be filed in separate tax years.... oh, and the letter from the employer doesn't include summer teaching, and the salary for that won't be set until March, so they can't write a letter, so I'm including the e-mail that confirms I'm working there...

...I wrote the consulate a nice cover letter explaining the whole situation with everything itemized.

AOS

-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.