Thoughts of moving to your SOs country

37 posts in this topic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Your toilet didn't flush either, Doodle?

no the lady who rented this flat for $50/night was a jerk and totally misrepresented the place. no working toiletand cockroaches galore in the kitchenand nofreakin' heat. no good kitchen tools either so when his sisters didn't cook for us in their home we ate out. love koshari though. hahaha.was soooo good. might havesome tonight before i go.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not sure about relocating to my husband's homeland. However, we cannot wait for the day when we can buy a flat to have for us to vacation in (and for his family as well). I do think when we have children (and they are old enough) to send them to Morocco to spend summers with their aunts and uncle would be a great way for them to get to know their family and to experience the culture.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

I would live in jordan, i love it there, and would love for my future children to spend every summer there to embrace their culture and to also be with their family whos there....but as for right now, i have an awesome job here, and sofyans doin well, so it wouldnt be any time soon

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Othman knows I will never move to Morocco. He knows we will have a better life here and can help his family more by living here. The wages here are so much higher than there. About a week before I left Morocco I was thinking about Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz....Theres no place like home. I absolutely love my country and I will NEVER move away permanently. I lived overseas when I was in the Navy, but I knew it was temporary.

Also, I hate their toilets there and having to carry TP everywhere I went in my purse. I love being able to go to a store here and getting a cold drink and all the other conveniences we have here.

Morocco for me is fine for vacations so we can visit family and sightsee.

LAVON I LOVE AMERICA I LOVE AMERICA I LOVE AMERICA

Lavon USA

Othman MOROCCO

Timeline
Othman knows I will never move to Morocco. He knows we will have a better life here and can help his family more by living here. The wages here are so much higher than there. About a week before I left Morocco I was thinking about Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz....Theres no place like home. I absolutely love my country and I will NEVER move away permanently. I lived overseas when I was in the Navy, but I knew it was temporary.

Also, I hate their toilets there and having to carry TP everywhere I went in my purse. I love being able to go to a store here and getting a cold drink and all the other conveniences we have here.

The wages are higher here but the cost of living is higher here too.

yeah i wanna move back to d philippines, its more fun there and i would have my own personal maids! And i can sit on d beach all day ! HMMM what the HE** am i having my honey come over here! He asked me to stay forever the first time(Philippines) ! oh well maybe I wont come back to the stateswhen I go to get him! Yeah we did talk about saving and going back there he has nice haus there! :dance::dance::innocent::wacko:

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

But on a Moroccan salary it's hard to take a vacation every year to the U.S. It is easier to take vacations to Morocco on a U.S. salary.

Timeline

But on a Moroccan salary it's hard to take a vacation every year to the U.S. It is easier to take vacations to Morocco on a U.S. salary.

That's very true Jenn.

I can't wait to go on vacation to Morocco and stay in the top hotels and resorts instead of Ibis at Casa Voyageurs. I think I'll have a different perspective and change my opinion of Morocco once we go on a real vacation where we have enough money to spoil ourselves.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

My feelings about moving back to Jordan are mixed. I LIKE THAT THE USA HAS:

a furnace (not unreliable steam heat). Running HOT water anytime we want. Water that does not need to be bought from jugs from drinking, tap water is good. Where because I am American they think I am rich and will try to cheat me (taxis and small stores).

The hardest thing for me was the language barrier. I am awful at a second language, on top of that I am hard of hearing. So normal every day was harder.

If my husband could not come to the USA I would move there of course.

Our idea is like many others, we would like to have a home here and one there. I promised I would take the kids to Jordan for part of the summer so they could see family ect.

wendy

good topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I was wondering if anyone has talked to their SO about moving back to their home country in the future. My husband and I have talked about this quite a lot. Now that we went through the whole process of gaining his permanent residence, I am starting to wonder why we went though it when we might be going to live in Morocco. I know that it's good since we can now start saving money and he can get job expeirence. I would just hate to start a family and then when we decide to go to Morocco we have to pick up everything and start all over.

So my questions: Have you and your SO talked about moving to their home country? If so, what was the decision? When would you move? If you chose not to move, what is/are the reason(s)?

Honestly, I would love to move to Morocco. I had the best time of my life there. So much is different than here, true. I dont speak a bit of the language and I am probably the worlds pickiest eater, but that aside, I would love it. We have talked about in the future, WAYYY future, if we are stable enough, it would be perfect to have residence in both countries. If we were ever to have children, he would rather they be brought up there with strong Islamic and family values. As for right now, I would just love to be together- anywhere!

Sherrie

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

we have been battling this decision for months now. i could move there tomorrow and we could be together............

or we could fight....and go through this visa process to get him here months and months (and hopefully not years) down the line. he wants me to move there now and forget this suffering. and let me tell you how tempted i am...but i'm trying to be strong because i believe having him come here is the right thing to do.

i love morocco and have been there several times, for long periods of time, even before i ever met abdelilah. i find their culture fascinating, love the food, and the architecture/decor. i think constantly about if i could LIVE there or not permanently? when i stay with his family i observe their lifestyle and wonder; could i do this? is this life for me? cooking, cleaning, and waiting for my husband to get home from work? having no friends or immediate family anywhere near me. where would i get money to go home to visit my friends and family in the us? what about travel? my 1st love before i met abdelilah was travel...how would i get money to continue my dream of visiting all the countries in the world if i stayed in morocco? its possible, yet highly unlikely i suppose.

i think if we settled in the us we would have so much more freedom to do what we choose. ultimately i would love to have a house in morocco as well to go back and forth. i also loved the idea from a poster above about our children spending part of their summers in morocco to learn more about their culture and spend time with their extended family. inchallah.........

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.