EmN84

Photo help

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was wondering what photo evidence needs to be included in the initial k1 visa application.

Do we only need to include photos from the past 2 years or from our whole relationship? I did not want to include too many photos, how many did you all send?

I dont want to make a mistake and make the application take longer than it needs to.

When going for the interview do i need to take more photos or only if they ask for them?

I was wondering what photo evidence needs to be included in the initial k1 visa application.

Do we only need to include photos from the past 2 years or from our whole relationship? I did not want to include too many photos, how many did you all send?

I dont want to make a mistake and make the application take longer than it needs to.

When going for the interview do i need to take more photos or only if they ask for them?

Hi there,

My fiance and I submitted 10 pictures from the last 2 years for I-129F (initial petition for K-1 visa) and did not encounter any RFE at all. Bear in mind that for some US consulates, they would ask more pictures as one of evidence of relationships than others specifically if the country fall into " high fraud countries" for US visa. I don't think the UK is one of those but you can hear from other folks here that their beneficiaries are from the UK.

For K-1 visa interview, I still bring some pictures - again 10 pictures- and they did not even looked up all of those. Some others can share their experience as well. Anyhow, good luck for the rest of your journey.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Maybe six in a variety of times frames would be nice. Not all from the same trip if you have multiple visits. With family members is good. London does not request any proof of relationship at the interview. But they may pull out the photos you send with the petition and ask about who is in the photo. "Who's parents are these?" "Is this your fiance's sister? What is her name?". Or they may not bother at all. I've read a couple of people (out of several hundreds) that said they were asked "Did you bring any photos for me to see"? I think that is maybe one who just likes to look at photos and if you said "no" it would be fine. Most of the time photos aren't even discussed. You also won't have to show additional trips, or Skype logs, or an engagement ring receipt....none of that....at a London interview. Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Maybe six in a variety of times frames would be nice. Not all from the same trip if you have multiple visits. With family members is good. London does not request any proof of relationship at the interview. But they may pull out the photos you send with the petition and ask about who is in the photo. "Who's parents are these?" "Is this your fiance's sister? What is her name?". Or they may not bother at all. I've read a couple of people (out of several hundreds) that said they were asked "Did you bring any photos for me to see"? I think that is maybe one who just likes to look at photos and if you said "no" it would be fine. Most of the time photos aren't even discussed. You also won't have to show additional trips, or Skype logs, or an engagement ring receipt....none of that....at a London interview.

Thanks so much for that help. So basically the photos just need to focus on the trips weve made during the past 2 years?

Hi there,

My fiance and I submitted 10 pictures from the last 2 years for I-129F (initial petition for K-1 visa) and did not encounter any RFE at all. Bear in mind that for some US consulates, they would ask more pictures as one of evidence of relationships than others specifically if the country fall into " high fraud countries" for US visa. I don't think the UK is one of those but you can hear from other folks here that their beneficiaries are from the UK.

For K-1 visa interview, I still bring some pictures - again 10 pictures- and they did not even looked up all of those. Some others can share their experience as well. Anyhow, good luck for the rest of your journey.

Thank you for your help :) Thanks for the good luck wish too :)

Thanks so much for that help. So basically the photos just need to focus on the trips weve made during the past 2 years?

Yes. They are secondary evidence of meeting within the last two years so that would be the focus for the petition approval. But if you met when you were in kindergarten and found each other again, then a photo of two tots would be amusing if not evidence. A photo of you (whenever) puts a face on otherwise names on a paper. Somebody on here dated as teens then got back together like 20 years later. Not evidence of meeting the last 2 years but an entertaining photo.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Timeline

Include a cross-section of photos spanning your entire relationship. Good luck!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello @ Boggy1974 and @EmN84. I too am planning to use a cross section of photographs over the course of our relationship. Are you using developed photographs in your package? I've seen suggestions to print pictures on regular paper and just wondering which of the two you chose to do? Thx!

9/05/2014 - Married

09/12/2014 - AOS filed

09/16/2014 - NOA1 received

09/29/2014 - Biometrics (walk-in) (appointment was 10/10/2014)

Filed: Timeline

I did not use "developed photographs".

We went to Wal-mart and printed photos into a collage on regular 8x10 paper. Worked perfect and we were approved one shot! Visa interview went smooth and easy and she's here with me!

Hello @ Boggy1974 and @EmN84. I too am planning to use a cross section of photographs over the course of our relationship. Are you using developed photographs in your package? I've seen suggestions to print pictures on regular paper and just wondering which of the two you chose to do? Thx!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

Oh ok guess ill go back and start again then as i only focused on the past 2 years. May i ask how many photos you sent in total?

Thanks for the reply

I am just going to print the photos at home as i have a great printer. Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

USCIS wants proof of you both meeting within the past two years... that's it. So a few photos of you two taken within the past two years.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Oh ok guess ill go back and start again then as i only focused on the past 2 years. May i ask how many photos you sent in total?

Thanks for the reply

I am just going to print the photos at home as i have a great printer. Good luck!

I did not use "developed photographs".

We went to Wal-mart and printed photos into a collage on regular 8x10 paper. Worked perfect and we were approved one shot! Visa interview went smooth and easy and she's here with me!

Thanks @ Boggy1974 and @EmN84 . Very helpful. I'll keep this in mind when I get started with the filing process.

9/05/2014 - Married

09/12/2014 - AOS filed

09/16/2014 - NOA1 received

09/29/2014 - Biometrics (walk-in) (appointment was 10/10/2014)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.