sammamishexpat

USC living overseas -- how to answer question on DS-160 for K1

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello,

My Spanish fiancée and I are currently living together in Germany (for one more month) and are putting together our Packet 3 materials for Madrid. As we fill out the DS-160, encounter the following question:

Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States? trg_bk.GIF
I know that if I was living in the U.S. we would select YES and enter my info as her fiancee, however since I currently reside in Germany and won't move back to the U.S. until May (well after we hope to have her visa in hand), should we answer this NO?
Thanks for any guidance, I have searched through the site and can't find any answer...
Stacy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

How would the answer change depending on where you are living now. Does the beneficiary have any relatives, not including their parents, that currently live in the US?

The DS-160 is for the beneficiary and not the petitioner to answer.

You as her fiance does not make you related to her.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello,

My Spanish fiancée and I are currently living together in Germany (for one more month) and are putting together our Packet 3 materials for Madrid. As we fill out the DS-160, encounter the following question:

Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States? trg_bk.GIF
I know that if I was living in the U.S. we would select YES and enter my info as her fiancee, however since I currently reside in Germany and won't move back to the U.S. until May (well after we hope to have her visa in hand), should we answer this NO?
Thanks for any guidance, I have searched through the site and can't find any answer...
Stacy

A fiance isn't a relative no matter where they live.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.