nnnn

I-134 Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My current income is well above the 125% poverty line, however, my last years income was under the poverty line by $2000.00 (because I was working part time at that time). Do you think I will run into problems with the I-134 in this case?

K3 Filed - Dec. 2006

Interview - June 2007 - on AP

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you have any assets you can use to cushion the difference? I think you'll need about $6,000.00 Past and present earning potential can be and often are used to determine to totality of your circumstances.

google.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

How does life insurance play into the I-134?

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Life insurance can play in if it has a cash value,meaning you can take cash against the payout value of the policy......term life I think it's called.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ic=305&st=0

ok, so in the first post on the above link, it says only if i'm self-employed do I need to get copies of tax returns. i asked my HR department today for an 'emplyment verification' with the company's logo on it and the other details. that is all i need according to the link above. now i just got to contact my bank. :=)

what about how long this thing is valid for, do you have an idea? i went to the consulate in Guangzhou, China and they only have a form to submit if you already have a visa sitting with them.

also, shouldn't i just be able to bring a i134 not filled out to the bank and sign the thing in fron of the guy without having my personal information on the document? i really don't think it's anyone's business what i needed notarised, just that i need something done should be sufficient. is that a correct assumption?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not sure of the legalities regarding notaries but I would think the person would want to see what they're putting their signature on. As far as how long the affidavit is valid ........I'm pretty sure its an embassy by embassy standard so you'd have to contact your particular embassy directly to gather that info.

google.gif

also, shouldn't i just be able to bring a i134 not filled out to the bank and sign the thing in fron of the guy without having my personal information on the document? i really don't think it's anyone's business what i needed notarised, just that i need something done should be sufficient. is that a correct assumption?

If it's any consolation, my notary didn't even look at anything except the bit she signed. Whether this happens at every notary or not I can't say, but mine didn't even look at it, so she knows none of my personal info besides my name.

UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.