RosaMystica7

While you're waiting for NOA2: Talk to your boss!

44 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Congratulations on your approval!!! :dance::dance:

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to get through. I love how they don't put you into a queue and you can't hold on the line for an operator. :angry: I put them on speed dial.

Thats nice, I don't know about you, or your fiancee, but changes that happen too fast can be pretty overwhelming. I know my fiancee is pretty laid back and not used to descent size cities and all, so I sometimes worry about being able to make sure I can make her feel comfortable and not overwhelmed with all the big changes she's going to feel.

Yeah, my fiance and I are good with the fast changes. He lived in the States for 3 years in the past on a R1 visa. We've also been planning for the K1 since December of 2005 but different problems kept coming up. So... we're ready to get him here, LOL! I just wish we had more than 90 days after he moves here to get married, but I'm not gonna complain as long as we're together.

Angilla,

Congratulations on your approval!!!

All the best for a fast conclusion on your K-1 Visa!!

Congratulations on your approval!!! :dance::dance:

Thanks to both of you! :D

the way each consulate processes packets 3 and 4 are different, for the Rio consulate you can send packet 3 before recieving it as there are no such thing as receipt numbers or bar codes or anything, but I don't know how it works for France. Check the embassy's website (the one here is kinda helpful).

I'm having trouble getting anything decent out of the embassy website. More trouble than I'm having getting the NVC on the phone. :angry:

April??? No way! I bet he'll have his visa by February. :yes:

Yeah, that's what we're hoping! We'd like to move him here like end of February/beginning of March. But we'd like some time to hang out together before the wedding. Besides, just in case some fluke happens we're still safe with the time I got off from work.

OOOOH 3 minutes til I can speak to an operator. :) Yay!

Edited by Angilla

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

I've been trying to find out things about the Embassy in Paris, too, and haven't had too much luck, either. From what I've heard, though, it seems that they move pretty quickly!

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

They better - cuz our petition was mailed over to France the same day as yours, December 28th! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: The guy on the phone couldn't tell me the day they got it, but he said he could tell me when they sent it. :D What next, bostonparis - your fiance and mine have their interview dates the same day? LOL!

Edited by Angilla

8/10/08:

---seperated---

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

They better - cuz our petition was mailed over to France the same day as yours, December 28th! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: The guy on the phone couldn't tell me the day they got it, but he said he could tell me when he sent it. :D What next, bostonparis - your fiance and mine have their interview dates the same day? LOL!

WAHOO!!!!!! :D:dancing:

I thought the same thing - wouldn't that be hysterical?? Are you going there for his interview?

Remove Conditions

I wish I could be, but I just can't. :( We're putting every cent away that we can for the big move, and the wedding expenses, and the AOS fees. Plus I've only had my job for 2 1/2 months and I'm taking off April 4th - 16th for our wedding plus Easter, a family reunion, and my Goddaughter's First Communion all in Florida. There's no way I could get more time off, and even if I could, I can't afford the lost salary plus all the other expenses of travelling. :( I really wish I could, though.

Will you be there for his interview?

Edited by Angilla

8/10/08:

---seperated---

I wish I could be, but I just can't. :( We're putting every cent away that we can for the big move, and the wedding expenses, and the AOS fees. Plus I've only had my job for 2 1/2 months and I'm taking off April 4th - 16th for our wedding plus Easter, a family reunion, and my Goddaughter's First Communion all in Florida. There's no way I could get more time off, and even if I could, I can't afford the lost salary plus all the other expenses of travelling. :( I really wish I could, though.

Will you be there for his interview?

Just think about those two weeks for your wedding! You'll make it through. And just think of the excitement waiting for his phone call or text message to say VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

I wanted to go, but he said he doesn't want me there, he just wants to do it and get it over with. So instead, I'm going to fly over and spend a final week with him in Paris, then we'll fly to Boston together.

Although, I kind of want to fly through JFK so he can get an EAD stamp. Even though he'd have to quit his job after 90 days. That just KILLS me.

Remove Conditions

Just think about those two weeks for your wedding! You'll make it through. And just think of the excitement waiting for his phone call or text message to say VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

Oh yeah! Our two weeks in Florida are gonna be incredible! :D :D :D

I wanted to go, but he said he doesn't want me there, he just wants to do it and get it over with. So instead, I'm going to fly over and spend a final week with him in Paris, then we'll fly to Boston together.

Awww, well, spending a final week in Paris will be cool. :)

Although, I kind of want to fly through JFK so he can get an EAD stamp. Even though he'd have to quit his job after 90 days. That just KILLS me.

*poke* If you fly through JFK our fiances can fly over together and keep each other company on the plane... and the four of us could hang out in the airport while you two wait for your next flight! ;)

Edited by Angilla

8/10/08:

---seperated---

I know - I'm pretty excited about that last week in Paris. Hopefully in March!! Fingers crossed!

Seriously, if we end up getting approved around the same time, that would be so fun! Well, hanging out at JFK in general probably not so much, but we could at least get a drink before we fly to Boston!! :D Although, how long has it been since you've seen your fiance? You probably won't want to see ANYONE but him!! (L)

Remove Conditions

Let's see how things go and talk about it when it gets closer! :D It's going on 13 months since I've seen my fiance. So yeah, when I meet him in JFK it's gonna be awesome! But I wouldn't mind meeting a fellow French/American VJ couple - it's not like I go to Boston very often! ;) Wouldn't that be funny - Hi Angela, Hi Angela. One of our fiances calls "Angela" and we both jump. *snicker*

8/10/08:

---seperated---

Let's see how things go and talk about it when it gets closer! :D It's going on 13 months since I've seen my fiance. So yeah, when I meet him in JFK it's gonna be awesome! But I wouldn't mind meeting a fellow French/American VJ couple - it's not like I go to Boston very often! ;) Wouldn't that be funny - Hi Angela, Hi Angela. One of our fiances calls "Angela" and we both jump. *snicker*

I love the way he says Angela. Ahhhn-shey-laaahh... *le sigh* :luv:

Remove Conditions

Aaaaaaaaaaaah YES! Me too! It is SO sweet sounding lol. My fiance seems to have a mix of French and British accents, since he lived in England for 2 years as a kid. It is SO CUTE!

8/10/08:

---seperated---

Aaaaaaaaaaaah YES! Me too! It is SO sweet sounding lol. My fiance seems to have a mix of French and British accents, since he lived in England for 2 years as a kid. It is SO CUTE!

My fiance lived in England for 2 years, too, but that was just a few years ago. His accent is definitely all French. When we first met, my girlfriend (who was with me on a vacation to Paris) had to ask me to translate his English because she couldn't understand him. Granted, this is the same girl who called Champs Elysees "Champs Eloise".

Remove Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
My advice... while you're waiting for the NOA2, talk to your boss about the letter you'll need stating your employment for the I-134! Explain it to your boss and ask how long it'll take to get it when you need it, so they're aware and you know how long it'll take. It took almost 2 weeks for my boss to do it for me. Not like it killed us or anything, it's just annoying to get the NOA2 and have to wait so long for your boss to sign a 1 paragraph letter so you can send all the necessary documents to your loved one. :)

That's a piece of good advice..!

Soon after I sent in my I-129F, I did that. I'm lucky, I work for a small company (200 people) so I walked in to the CEO's office with the I-134 instructions and spoke with him. When we got back from holiday, and I had received my NOA2 on 26 December (what a Christmas gift!), it was a simple matter to send them an e-mail and the "reference letters" were ready the next day. I asked for six copies; one set for my copy of the I-134, and two for Bobbie's use...

My fiance lived in England for 2 years, too, but that was just a few years ago. His accent is definitely all French. When we first met, my girlfriend (who was with me on a vacation to Paris) had to ask me to translate his English because she couldn't understand him. Granted, this is the same girl who called Champs Elysees "Champs Eloise".

Was it London that he lived in? Because if so, that's just another freaky similarity between our couples LOL.

You speak French, eh? That's good. I'm trying to learn, I've given up til he moves here and I have a "live-in tutor" lol.

That's a piece of good advice..!

Soon after I sent in my I-129F, I did that. I'm lucky, I work for a small company (200 people) so I walked in to the CEO's office with the I-134 instructions and spoke with him. When we got back from holiday, and I had received my NOA2 on 26 December (what a Christmas gift!), it was a simple matter to send them an e-mail and the "reference letters" were ready the next day. I asked for six copies; one set for my copy of the I-134, and two for Bobbie's use...

That's good. :) Six copies? I asked for 3, plus my boss gave me a photocopy of what was inside the sealed envelopes so I could read them. :)

8/10/08:

---seperated---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.