RosaMystica7

While you're waiting for NOA2: Talk to your boss!

44 posts in this topic

My advice... while you're waiting for the NOA2, talk to your boss about the letter you'll need stating your employment for the I-134! Explain it to your boss and ask how long it'll take to get it when you need it, so they're aware and you know how long it'll take. It took almost 2 weeks for my boss to do it for me. Not like it killed us or anything, it's just annoying to get the NOA2 and have to wait so long for your boss to sign a 1 paragraph letter so you can send all the necessary documents to your loved one. :)

Funny news is... on the same day I get the letter from my employer, I get a letter from the NVC saying they got our case on 12/29 and it'll be sent to France within a week. :lol::dance:

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Funny news is... on the same day I get the letter from my employer, I get a letter from the NVC saying they got our case on 12/29 and it'll be sent to France within a week. :lol::dance:

Those are great news! :dance:

My fiancé got a similar letter last week (it was dated 12/26) and today he got an email from NVC saying they sent our petition on 12/22 :D

Maybe your petition is already in France. Time for your fiancé to start "annoying" them with emails and phone calls

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My employer gave me only 1/2 of what I asked for concerning the I-134. Duh.

So now I have to ask my boss to do it, but I don't think it'll be a problem.

JaJo, congrats on the NVC news!!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Oh wow JaJo! The e-mail your fiance got - was that automatic or a response to an inquiry? I've been thinking of e-mailing or calling the NVC to see if it's been sent yet. The date on the letter was AFTER the date they sent the petition to the embassy? Whoa.

And Bora Bora, the first time my boss gave me the letter this morning it had my pay rate wrong. I asked her to look it up and sure enough, she wrote less than I'm being paid. She re-did it for me the same day, though. Ei yai yai!

Edited by Angilla

8/10/08:

---seperated---

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

Timeline
Rio received our petition and sent packet 3 to Eliton but the dates are unknown and the packet has not arrived yet...
Meredith,

if the consulate said they got the papers, your fiancé doesn't need to wait for packet 3 to arrive, he can send it to them, that way things will go a little bit faster.

Oh wow JaJo! The e-mail your fiance got - was that automatic or a response to an inquiry? I've been thinking of e-mailing or calling the NVC to see if it's been sent yet. The date on the letter was AFTER the date they sent the petition to the embassy? Whoa.

And Bora Bora, the first time my boss gave me the letter this morning it had my pay rate wrong. I asked her to look it up and sure enough, she wrote less than I'm being paid. She re-did it for me the same day, though. Ei yai yai!

Angilla,

it was a response to an inquiry. He wrote them 3 times already (can you tell we are a "bit" anxious to get this over with? :lol: )

Here the email address for them:

NVCInquiry@state.gov

I bet your case has already left NVC.

Good luck to us all.

Jane

Edited by JaJo

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

Timeline

Yea, JaJo,

I found that we were missing a few things on the DS-230 but Eliton plans on mailing out packet 3 by Monday - whether or not he receives the 3rd packet.

We want to make sure we have everything done correctly.

The blood tests/x-rays are done :thumbs:

I'm going to talk to my boss tomorrow and have a new letter written up as well as have the I-134 notarized.

Thanks for the support ladies!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

My advice... while you're waiting for the NOA2, talk to your boss about the letter you'll need stating your employment for the I-134! Explain it to your boss and ask how long it'll take to get it when you need it, so they're aware and you know how long it'll take. It took almost 2 weeks for my boss to do it for me. Not like it killed us or anything, it's just annoying to get the NOA2 and have to wait so long for your boss to sign a 1 paragraph letter so you can send all the necessary documents to your loved one. :)

Angilla, I got the same letter, - today - with the same date as you. But, when I called NVC today, they said it was sent on 12/28!!! I bet yours went on the same day as mine!!

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

Wow congratulations, at the rate you're moving you'll have your visa by uhhh maybe next week? :lol: Did you send out the wedding invitations yet! :P

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Do you know what the NVC's hours are? I'd call right now but I doubt they're open.

if the consulate said they got the papers, your fiancé doesn't need to wait for packet 3 to arrive, he can send it to them, that way things will go a little bit faster.

Oooh that's neat! So when I find out from NVC when they sent it, my fiance'll start pestering the embassy to see if they got it... and once they do he can just print out the forms from here and mail em back? The forms won't have anything special on them, like reciept number or bar code or something, when the embassy mails the forms to him?

it was a response to an inquiry. He wrote them 3 times already (can you tell we are a "bit" anxious to get this over with? :lol: )

NVCInquiry@state.gov

Thanks, I sent an e-mail! I asked to know the date they recieved it and the date they mailed it so I can update my timeline with that info. :D

Angilla, I hadn't seen that you were approved! Congratulations!

Thanks! Oh it was great! I was sitting here going through VJ timelines PMing VSC people with NOA1 dates similar to mine asking them to please PM me when they get their NOA2s... and then I got 3 e-mail alerts from CRIS (I keep my MSN messanger on so a notice pops up on my screen when I get in a new e-mail) and I screamed at the top of my lungs. I went to see if it was a RFE or NOA2 and sure enough, NOA2. I screamed bloody murder, bursted into tears sobbing hysterically, and was laughing all at the same time. My mom came pretty close to falling off her chair because I scared her so bad LOL. I called my fiance and was crying so hard that he couldn't understand me, when I finally got it out clear enough he yelled right there in the train he was in. LOL! I was crying for like half an hour, and I'm not a crier! It's one heck of a memory!

Angilla, I got the same letter, - today - with the same date as you. But, when I called NVC today, they said it was sent on 12/28!!! I bet yours went on the same day as mine!!

Oh too funny - especially since we're going through the same service center, same embassy, and have the same NOA2 date! That'd be crazy to know it's on it's way to Paris already! :dance:

Wow congratulations, at the rate you're moving you'll have your visa by uhhh maybe next week? :lol: Did you send out the wedding invitations yet! :P

Ummm well we are sorta working on the wedding plans. :blush: We're figuring early April, I think it's safe to say he'll be here by then. :D We just won't put deposits on anything til later on, just in case.

Edited by Angilla

8/10/08:

---seperated---

Timeline

You can call the NVC until midnight EST.

That is the only time I was able to get a hold of someone - 11:57 p.m.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Oh awesome - off I go to call! :lol:

8/10/08:

---seperated---

Do you know what the NVC's hours are? I'd call right now but I doubt they're open.

Oooh that's neat! So when I find out from NVC when they sent it, my fiance'll start pestering the embassy to see if they got it... and once they do he can just print out the forms from here and mail em back? The forms won't have anything special on them, like reciept number or bar code or something, when the embassy mails the forms to him?

NVCInquiry@state.gov

Thanks, I sent an e-mail! I asked to know the date they recieved it and the date they mailed it so I can update my timeline with that info. :D

Angilla, I hadn't seen that you were approved! Congratulations!

Thanks! Oh it was great! I was sitting here going through VJ timelines PMing VSC people with NOA1 dates similar to mine asking them to please PM me when they get their NOA2s... and then I got 3 e-mail alerts from CRIS (I keep my MSN messanger on so a notice pops up on my screen when I get in a new e-mail) and I screamed at the top of my lungs. I went to see if it was a RFE or NOA2 and sure enough, NOA2. I screamed bloody murder, bursted into tears sobbing hysterically, and was laughing all at the same time. My mom came pretty close to falling off her chair because I scared her so bad LOL. I called my fiance and was crying so hard that he couldn't understand me, when I finally got it out clear enough he yelled right there in the train he was in. LOL! I was crying for like half an hour, and I'm not a crier! It's one heck of a memory!

Oh too funny - especially since we're going through the same service center, same embassy, and have the same NOA2 date! That'd be crazy to know it's on it's way to Paris already! :dance:

Ummm well we are sorta working on the wedding plans. :blush: We're figuring early April, I think it's safe to say he'll be here by then. :D We just won't put deposits on anything til later on, just in case.

Thats nice, I don't know about you, or your fiancee, but changes that happen too fast can be pretty overwhelming. I know my fiancee is pretty laid back and not used to descent size cities and all, so I sometimes worry about being able to make sure I can make her feel comfortable and not overwhelmed with all the big changes she's going to feel.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Angilla,

Congratulations on your approval!!!

All the best for a fast conclusion on your K-1 Visa!!

Timeline
Oooh that's neat! So when I find out from NVC when they sent it, my fiance'll start pestering the embassy to see if they got it...
:thumbs::yes:
and once they do he can just print out the forms from here and mail em back? The forms won't have anything special on them, like reciept number or bar code or something, when the embassy mails the forms to him?

Angilla,

the way each consulate processes packets 3 and 4 are different, for the Rio consulate you can send packet 3 before recieving it as there are no such thing as receipt numbers or bar codes or anything, but I don't know how it works for France. Check the embassy's website (the one here is kinda helpful).

Ummm well we are sorta working on the wedding plans. We're figuring early April, I think it's safe to say he'll be here by then. We just won't put deposits on anything til later on, just in case.

April??? No way! I bet he'll have his visa by February. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.