Tony Chan

G325A Help with a few questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1) Chinese do not have a middle name, should she put None in this spot?

2) Residency of last five years....first one does not have a street or number of street for address its just a "****University" name, is this ok to put say "Duke University"

3) Current address will most likely change by the time the embassy can send the package, is there an address that is not mine I can get the package mailed to? How would I write that in there for them to know?

4) Last five years residence. If first residence lasted for 4 years (university) but only last two would fit within the 5 year timeframe. Should I write the dates all the way back from when i started to live at that address making it 7 years of residence or just cutoff and make it a perfect 5 years.

5) Does her printed name in last bolded box need to be printed in pen or typed?

6) If one parent is deceased in the row for her parent residence would we write last residence or "deceased"

Not for this form but in general, is a birth certificate needed at any point in the process from getting the visa to becoming a citizen? She does not have a birth certificate? Also should she breakup her first name and make one a first and one a middle name for her passport and visa forms?

I am the USA citizen writing questions for my Chinese fiance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

1) For the G325A I would leave the space blank.

2) If it is a University name there should be some type of mailing address. The least that should be included should be the town it is located in. How would they receive any sort of post without one? (I had a similar situation being at the University of the Philippines and they didn't really have an exact address but they did have a town that I could put down at least with a postal code of some sort)

3) The following text is from the Instructions for the I-129F. It probably applies to the G-325A since you will be putting these together in one file. I would put your current address down now and just notify them later of the change if it does happen.

If you have changed your address, you must inform USCIS of your new address. For information on filing a change of address go to the USCIS Web site at www.uscis.gov/addresschange or contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. For TDD (deaf or hard of hearing) call: 1-800-767-1833

4) Probably should enter the entire time you were there.

5) I typed my fiance's name in Korean. You can write it as well in ink, but if you download the PDF file you'll actually see that you can type in the spaces in the file making it a lot cleaner. If you find your fiance's name in Chinese on the computer, you can easily copy and paste it into the respective Family Name and Given Name boxes. If it works for the Korean text, it should work for the Chinese text as well.

6) I'm not sure about this too. But to make it clear you probably should write something like "N/A, deceased" for that parent in the box.

For the birth certificate, I do not believe she will need to have one, but maybe someone else can shed some light on this. If it is needed however, and she does not have one, there are other ways to prove that she was born in China. The embassy/consulate should be able to help you with this question if it really is needed.

As for the name and if it should be broken up into a first and middle name, you have to be careful with this as I've heard there are a few people who have trouble if the name on all the documents (Passport, etc.) are not the same. If you are not going to put a middle name into the G-325A then make sure that you do not put one in the I-129F as well or else you will confuse the person going over your application and it may cause delays. Just make sure that her name is EXACTLY THE SAME on all documents (i.e., if she doesn't have a middle name on her passport, she should not have a middle name listed on her application). Just use the name she has been using for all legal transactions and you should be fine.

Edited by jonpinoy

Filed: Timeline

Correct.

2) Residency of last five years....first one does not have a street or number of street for address its just a "****University" name, is this ok to put say "Duke University"

I assume she lived on campus in a dorm. Suggest you contact the university to get the mailing address during that time.

3) Current address will most likely change by the time the embassy can send the package, is there an address that is not mine I can get the package mailed to? How would I write

that in there for them to know?

Use the current address. Contact the USCIS when the address changes. http://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

4) Last five years residence. If first residence lasted for 4 years (university) but only last two would fit within the 5 year timeframe. Should I write the dates all the way back from when i started to live at that address making it 7 years of residence or just cutoff and make it a perfect 5 years.

There's more than one line, so use them appropriately to account for a minimum of five-years residency. It isn't a matter of making it add up to five without going over.

That's a confusing carry-over from the age of the dinosaurs and should be changed. Just use the fillable form and type her name in the big bold box.

6) If one parent is deceased in the row for her parent residence would we write last residence or "deceased"

Complete the information fully, but type "Deceased" in the City and County of Residence field.

Not for this form but in general, is a birth certificate needed at any point in the process from getting the visa to becoming a citizen? She does not have a birth certificate?

Since she doesn't have a birth certificate, she will need to go to her 'HUKOU" and have them create one. Then, she needs to take that to the Chinese Translation Notarial office to have them translate it to English and put it in the "white book"

Also should she breakup her first name and make one a first and one a middle name for her passport and visa forms?

Since her name is Chinese, she should write her name in "Pinyin" and list her given name and her surname. She doesn't have a middle name because she's Chinese.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Leave it blank, if you write in None, the her middle name will be None.

Yes

3) Current address will most likely change by the time the embassy can send the package, is there an address that is not mine I can get the package mailed to? How would I write that in there for them to know?

Yes

Yes, 7 years is fine.

Either

Deceased.

Not for this form but in general, is a birth certificate needed at any point in the process from getting the visa to becoming a citizen? She does not have a birth certificate?

She will NEED one for the interview. No BC, no visa.

Also should she breakup her first name and make one a first and one a middle name for her passport and visa forms?

Her pleasure.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Timeline

Correct.

I assume she lived on campus in a dorm. Suggest you contact the university to get the mailing address during that time.

3) Current address will most likely change by the time the embassy can send the package, is there an address that is not mine I can get the package mailed to? How would I write

that in there for them to know?

Use the current address. Contact the USCIS when the address changes. http://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

There's more than one line, so use them appropriately to account for a minimum of five-years residency. It isn't a matter of making it add up to five without going over.

That's a confusing carry-over from the age of the dinosaurs and should be changed. Just use the fillable form and type her name in the big bold box.

Complete the information fully, but type "Deceased" in the City and County of Residence field.

Since she doesn't have a birth certificate, she will need to go to her 'HUKOU" and have them create one. Then, she needs to take that to the Chinese Translation Notarial office to have them translate it to English and put it in the "white book"

Since her name is Chinese, she should write her name in "Pinyin" and list her given name and her surname. She doesn't have a middle name because she's Chinese.

good.gifyes.gif

Edited by ExExpat

Timeline

Thank you everyone for all of your help. I have decided to leave the space blank for the Middle name so hope this is ok. For the Original Statement in the I-129F package it asks for the embassy address. The one for Guangzhou in China that I found is

U.S. Consulate General
43 Hua Jiu Road, Zhujiang New Town
Tianhe District
Guangzhou, China

Does anyone know if this is correct and the only one within China?

Thanks again!!!!!

Timeline

Also for this part of the original statement

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

[ADDRESS OF FILING LOCATION]

or when submitting for interview

United States Department of State
United States Consulate,
[name of country where Embassy is located]
[Embassy Address]

Do i put both addresses? For K1 visa we will be going for both right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.