suhailsaish

USCIS has turned my marriage into a joke...

117 posts in this topic

Know the feeling. Really missed my husband during Christmas and New Year. Other than that I have succeeded in trying to stay positive until today when I checked our case status at USCIS and found out they sent us an RFE. After more than 7 months of nothing they ask for an RFE and that probably means it will add a month or two (or more if we are really unlucky) to this progress. I know we sent them everything they ask for in a petition so I really want to know what more they want from us. Feels like this will never end, especially when reading about people who have waited a lot longer than us. It is impossible to plan anything. When can I tell the landlord I won't be living here anymore, when can I tell my boss to look for another employee, and so on... People who haven't done this hardly believe me when I tell them about this wait. They seem to think there must be a problem with a criminal record or the financial support rather than this wait being normal. Everything feels so frustrating and today was the first day I shed tears over this, but I will make sure I become positive about this again. I think most people here truthfully just want to be and live with their spouse/fiance(e). Even if the USCIS told me you won't be ready to travel until next autumn that would be a better answer than not knowing, just waiting. Wish you luck in having a decision soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

ProTip: There are far less people seeking to immigrate to those countries.

If you look at it without thinking then yes but it's all proportional related to how much they charge to have the visa filed and how much staff they have processing visas. More applicants = more income from applicants which should mean more staff dealing with applicants and similar wait times. Pretty simple really.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Sorry but I have to be honest here, 90% per cent of you here made a decision to get in a foreign web site and find someone abroad,or had arranged marriage with people living abroad or by "accident" met the guy/girl online, whatever? others met their partners when travelling abroad or studying here,then why all this complain come from?. We are our choices, you made a choice to have a long distance relationship or started a relationship when living here and not being a GC holder yet, and USCIS has anything to do with that, they have to scrutinize everyone entering in this Country t's their job. Let's stop with the bs about talking of illegal people, they are here over 20 years without status and any amnesty, then they are not taking your place with USCIS.

+100.

While I agree that the USCIS is not the easiest agency to deal with, I find it ludicrous that some should presume to blame the US government for their bad or hurried decisions.

People don't realize that the immigration service of any country - not the US alone - will not cater to their designs or desires. That is the nature of the beast and something to be considered before entering into a long distance relationship.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: Brunei Darussalam
Timeline

GABEHAO I am entitled to have my opinion. I can disagree with your opinion and so what? Take a chill pill !

Why are you insinuating that arranged marriages or couples that date online have ulterior motives ?

Just because its not done in brasil ?

Filed: Timeline

+100.

While I agree that the USCIS is not the easiest agency to deal with, I find it ludicrous that some should presume to blame the US government for their bad or hurried decisions.

People don't realize that the immigration service of any country - not the US alone - will not cater to their designs or desires. That is the nature of the beast and something to be considered before entering into a long distance relationship.

Because the point of this was to let people vent and tell their stories. I find it ludicrous that people like you expect others to bottle their feelings up inside - even on the internet.

Why isn't it OK for people to come on here and share their stories and frustrations?

You don't have a timeline. Were you a K-1 / CR-1 / IR-1 filer or a status adjuster? Was your spouse with you in Monaco? I am asking because it makes a big difference. If you can't relate to others on here and have nothing constructive to say, then it is better not to say anything. That was why many got angry at the other poster. It is not about catering to desires. Yes, many of us enter into long distance relationships but none of us knew what the immigration process entailed. Some take the distance better than others. Some have children who suffer. Who are you (or anyone else) to try and tell people what to feel?

Know the feeling. Really missed my husband during Christmas and New Year. Other than that I have succeeded in trying to stay positive until today when I checked our case status at USCIS and found out they sent us an RFE. After more than 7 months of nothing they ask for an RFE and that probably means it will add a month or two (or more if we are really unlucky) to this progress. I know we sent them everything they ask for in a petition so I really want to know what more they want from us. Feels like this will never end, especially when reading about people who have waited a lot longer than us. It is impossible to plan anything. When can I tell the landlord I won't be living here anymore, when can I tell my boss to look for another employee, and so on... People who haven't done this hardly believe me when I tell them about this wait. They seem to think there must be a problem with a criminal record or the financial support rather than this wait being normal. Everything feels so frustrating and today was the first day I shed tears over this, but I will make sure I become positive about this again. I think most people here truthfully just want to be and live with their spouse/fiance(e). Even if the USCIS told me you won't be ready to travel until next autumn that would be a better answer than not knowing, just waiting. Wish you luck in having a decision soon!

I'm so sorry. *hug* I've shed many tears ,too. If only we'd have an inkling as to when we'd potentially be with our loved ones again would help immensely, I agree.

I think they're clearly here just to stir the pot. That's always going to happen on the internet. Best to just leave them be and let them get it out of their system. If we ignore it, they'll venture to another thread and stir the pot there.

Edited by bdrew612

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Because the point of this was to let people vent and tell their stories. I find it ludicrous that people like you expect others to bottle their feelings up inside - even on the internet.

Why isn't it OK for people to come on here and share their stories and frustrations?

I was venting. I was sharing my frustration.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I think they're clearly here just to stir the pot. That's always going to happen on the internet. Best to let them get it our of their system, if we ignore it, they'll venture to another thread and stir the pot there.

Second this, I think the thread's evolution into a venting place for people's suffering is great, don't let the naysayers derail it!

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

My bad day was Friday. I was looking up airfares ready to say "Screw this." and go back to the Netherlands. Wound up sitting here crying for a few hours instead. Now my husband and I are talking contingency plans.

I still look for jobs for my husband in Europe.

Stay strong.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Filed: Timeline

I think they're clearly here just to stir the pot. That's always going to happen on the internet. Best to just leave them be and let them get it out of their system. If we ignore it, they'll venture to another thread and stir the pot there.

You are right... this whole process also has been difficult for me and while normally I'd ignore people who stir the pot, it is easy to get irritated due to insensitive comments made by people on such a sore topic.

Sometimes I feel like I need a break from VJ..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

+100.

How are people blaming the US government for their bad or hurried decisions? Most of us knew that immigration would be a lengthy and expensive process when we made the decision to start dating. If you enjoy stating the obvious then why not try responding to newbies posts in the welcome section. What we didn't know was that USCIS would make the bad and hurried (yes your comments are more applicable to them than to us) decision to stop processing I-130's and process DACA filers instead. Nobody was expecting a turnaround of three weeks on their case (although the evidence from K1's shows it can easily be done) what we wanted was for an acceptable level of service for a process that we paid for. We haven't received that.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.