AKSinghSingh79

Last minute tips before the interview?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

My husband has his visa interview in less than 2 weeks at the US Embassy in New Delhi. I am flying over to India so we can attend the interview together.

Just to make sure, is there anything else we need to do before his interview?

-He has had his medical exam completed. The hospital in Delhi said it is ready for pick up.

-We have made his OFC/VAC appointment a day before his scheduled interview.

-I have printed out copies of the DS-260 confirmation page and the interview letter

-We have arranged the pick up location for his visa

These are the contents of our evidence binder:

-All financial documents including letters from my employer, 6 months worth of pay stubs, updated I-864, 2013 tax return, 2012 and 2011 tax transcripts

-Copy of completed DS-260

-All copies and originals of plane tickets of all the trips we've made to visit each other

-All copies of any relevant passport stamps of trips and a copy of husband's previous J-1 visa, my Thai visa, and my 5 year Indian visa

-All copies of flight itineraries

-Copies and originals of hotel receipts

-Copies of marital evidence including marriage certificate, marriage registration, and wedding reception invitation with English translation

-Copies of bonafide marriage evidence including copies of credit cards, auto insurance policy, health and life insurance, and affidavits from family supporting our marriage

-Western Union receipts

-Originals and copies of all police certificates

-Originals and copies of greeting cards

-Copies of Skype chat and call logs

-Copies of Google Voice call logs

-Misc copies of receipts such as engagement ring and gifts

We are also bringing a photo album with pictures, showing a timeline of our 6 years together including our 6 trips, photos of us together in the US, Thailand, and India with my family and with his family.

Is there anything else we are missing?

Hoping for a short uneventful interview!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

Anyone? Even if it's just a yes, it looks good.

I'm very nervous about missing something. Please help me alleviate some of my anxiety. Thank you.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Most important: Make sure your husband gets the OFC stamp on DS260 confirmation page when he goes for fingerprinting at OFC/VAC. They would do that anyway when he gets his fingerprinting done but always good to double check.Your husband would need this to enter the consulate (at least thats what they checked on wife's case and i was next to her) and give it to the Indian woman in the first counter that he will go to.

I am not sure if they will ask him of your 2013 W-2(Even though you would be filing by April 15th of this yr) and a copy of it could be handy. Your presence will make a difference anyway. Don't worry it will be smooth and easy.

Goodluck!

Filed: Timeline

Anyone? Even if it's just a yes, it looks good.

I'm very nervous about missing something. Please help me alleviate some of my anxiety. Thank you.

Ask your husband to sleep well the night before the interview.

And you also take it easy.

Anyway your evidence package looks solid!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

Most important: Make sure your husband gets the OFC stamp on DS260 confirmation page when he goes for fingerprinting at OFC/VAC. They would do that anyway when he gets his fingerprinting done but always good to double check.Your husband would need this to enter the consulate (at least thats what they checked on wife's case and i was next to her) and give it to the Indian woman in the first counter that he will go to.

I am not sure if they will ask him of your 2013 W-2(Even though you would be filing by April 15th of this yr) and a copy of it could be handy. Your presence will make a difference anyway. Don't worry it will be smooth and easy.

Goodluck!

Thank you very much for this. I am so thankful for VJ. If I were to rely on the paperwork the NVC sent to us, my husband would undoubtedly be turned away at the embassy the day of his interview. The interview letter mentions nothing about scheduling an OFC appointment.

I filed my 2013 taxes already so I am bringing the return.

Thanks again!

Ask your husband to sleep well the night before the interview.

And you also take it easy.

Anyway your evidence package looks solid!

Thank you for your reply! :)

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I am assuming you went through this link for all the stuff that needs to be taken for the interview.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/india/521916/IV%20Pkt%20new%20new/IV%20PKT%204%20new%20new.pdf

I missed passport size photographs of your husband. Hope you have that too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.