sufi

When will AOS and Form DS-3032 be generated?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It has become so frustrating now. NVC started processing my wife's case after I became citizen in October 2006. It was then that I found out that my infant daughter does not get derivative status from my wife's IR1 because I have become a citizen now and will have to wait for approval of I-130 for my daughter...sucks. I really did not want to wait for 3 months (approximate approval time for I-130 approval) for approval and started calling USCIS. 3 customer service representatives and 3 immigration officers (and after hours of waiting on phone!) told me that my daughter does not need to get I-130 approval and US embassy in Islamabad will issue her some sort of immigrant or non-immigrant visa.....they are such consistent liars!!! I e-mailed US embassy and they specifically mentioned that my daughter needs her I-130 approved and then application processed by NVC before embassy can issue her visa. I called USCIS again and finally one customer service representative told me that I can request to expedite the approval of my daughter's case. Well, after expedite request, USCIS approved my daughter's case in 3 days and sent to NVC same day on Dec 15, 2006 and was entered in NVC computer system same day and assigned a case number. Now the holidays kicked in!!!

Generally, NVC issues AOS Fee bill and DS-3032 on 2nd Tuesday after receiving case from USCIS. 2nd Tuesday (after case was entered in NVC computer system) was Dec 26th, day after Christmas, nothing happened. Third Tuesday is Jan 2, national mourning day, nothing happened and nothing will happen until 4th Tuesday January 9 because AOS Fee bill and DS-3032 can only be generated on Tuesdays!!!

The most frustrating thing about this situation, I do not have to pay separate AOS fee bill for my daughter because I have already paid for my wife and it is applicable for the whole family. I can sign DS-3032 or send e-mail to appoint myself as agent for my infant daughter so waiting for DS-3032 is useless too. All I need is IV Fee Bill to be generated for my daughter so that I can send Immigration Visa fee for my wife and daughter together and I will have to wait for almost a month for this!!!

The thing that is bothering me even more is that I am going on vacation on Feb 2 for a month (Planned this back in Oct and can't change it) and if anything get stuck at NVC or I do not get DS-230 generated, both cases will be stuck for at least an other 2 months before completed and sent to Pakistan. What a pain.....

I know there is no way out and just trying to take out my frustration.....apologies!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry about your frustration, but it does look like things are progressing for you :)

I'm curious if you've actually tried calling the NVC line... if you see my signature, our case was received at NVC Dec.14. I called the NVC on Dec. 26 (tuesday) nothing... and then called on Dec. 27 (wednesday) and the system had been updated! So, it looks like things are still moving despite holidays.

Also - my understanding is that the generation of forms happens on Mondays, and then the phone system is updated on Tuesdays. My husband just received the DS3032 in the mail today which is impressive considering it was mailed out on the 26th.

As for the IV Fee Bill - do you have anyone that can check your mail for you that you trust? All they have to do is return it with a money order for $380.

I hope the rest of your journey is smooth, thank goodness you were able to expedite your daughter's I130!!

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks Riblet,

I actually called NVC a couple of times on and after Dec 26 but the case status has not changed yet. I spoke with 2-3 customer service representatives and they told me that NVC has done initial review of case and AOS Fee will be applied and DS-3032 will be generated in a 1-2 weeks. May be I should call them more often and get someone who can really help.

I will definitely have someone look for my mail if I am not able to send IV Fee and DS-230 before I go on vacation.

Thanks,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.