jabadilla

I 797 Notice of Action

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So Im guessing this is the NOA 2. It says it has been approved and it will be forwarded to the listed consulate. So what can I do to speed this up or do I just wait?

2014/1/28 Sent I129f application

2014/1/31 USCIS received petition
2014/2/12 I129f approved
2014/2/15 NOA2 hard copy recieved in mail
2014/02/21 MNL case # received, administrative processing
2014/02/25 in transit to US Embassy Manila
2014/02/26 Paid Visa fee and scheduled Interview

2014/03/11 Medical Evaluation
2014/03/18 Interview date *APPROVED*

I didnt think it would be this quick. We just gotta wait for the VISA to be mailed to her house and then the CFO seminar.

So what can I do to speed this up or do I just wait?

The USCIS will send your approved petition to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign your petition an MNL case number and forward it to the U.S. Embassy Manila (USEM). Then, theoretically, the USEM will send your beneficiary a letter telling her that she's eligible to schedule an interview and giving her instructions on how to prepare for an interview.

I would advise you not to wait for the USEM's letter because it takes a long time to receive it and, often times, it never arrives at all. Instead of waiting for the letter, it's much faster to call the NVC and get your MNL case number. Once you have your MNL case number, you can pay the visa application fee and schedule an interview online. Once you schedule an interview, you can complete the medical at St. Lukes a week or two before the interview.

This should save you a good month or more.

I would suggest that you wait a few weeks before you start calling the NVC. It seems that lately the USCIS is slow in forwarding petitions to the NVC. Recently, it took a month for the USCIS to forward my friend's approved I-129F petition to the NVC.

Here's the USEM's interview preparation instructions letter: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/325288/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2004%20Feb%202014_.pdf

Here's an excellent guide for the Manila K-1 process: http://philippinefiancevisa.weebly.com/

Best wishes for a smooth and speedy visa journey!star_smile.gif

Timeline

Thank you i will do that

2014/2/12 I129f approved

I didnt think it would be this quick. We just gotta wait for the VISA to be mailed to her house and then the CFO seminar.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congrats!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thank you!

2014/2/12 I129f approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.