seekingknowledge

Clarification questions on 129F, bio, and letter of intent

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys,

I am almost ready to mail the initial package:

1) In the 129F application, question 34 asks if I have met and see fiance withint the 2 year period immediately preeceding: the answer is YES. So it is fair that section 34a relates to how we have met in withing those two preeceding years as opposed to how we first met (which was about 5 years ago). If that is the case can I put (which is the truth)?: "I drove from my house to baja california to see her about once a month." Is it too short?

2) On the G-325a, I never met my biological father, nor does he appear on my birth certificate. I was raised by my step dad (but never formally adopted). I ended up changing my name to his when I became a US citizen (when I was an adult). Can I put my step dad's info in the G-325a? I make decent money, put just in case I would also use him as a back up for sponsor, if necessary. Any suggestions.

3) my fiance has never been arrested. But do i need to send something from the police station/courts in mexico that she has a clean record with the initial package?

I will use the letter of intent that is on this site and have her sign when I visit her this Friday. The letter of intent provided in this site has a section wherein I put the INS's address. What address to I put down?

4) Like I said I will see her on Friday and get original signatures on g-325a and letter of intent. But I also want to evidence I was there with her. They don't stamp passports when you cross the border. Any suggestions?? The problems with pictures is that you don't know when you take them. I don't want there to be any question in the reviewers mind.

Thanks guys.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys,

1) In the 129F application, question 34 asks if I have met and see fiance withint the 2 year period immediately preeceding: the answer is YES. So it is fair that section 34a relates to how we have met in withing those two preeceding years as opposed to how we first met (which was about 5 years ago). If that is the case can I put (which is the truth)?: "I drove from my house to baja california to see her about once a month." Is it too short? Just mention the date you first met and then that you visit her in Baja once a month and give the date of the last visit. It does not have to be a long description.

2) On the G-325a, I never met my biological father, nor does he appear on my birth certificate. I was raised by my step dad (but never formally adopted). I ended up changing my name to his when I became a US citizen (when I was an adult). Can I put my step dad's info in the G-325a? I make decent money, put just in case I would also use him as a back up for sponsor, if necessary. Any suggestions. Any information about your biological father that you do not know can be filled in as Unknown.

3) my fiance has never been arrested. But do i need to send something from the police station/courts in mexico that she has a clean record with the initial package? No.

I will use the letter of intent that is on this site and have her sign when I visit her this Friday. The letter of intent provided in this site has a section wherein I put the INS's address. What address to I put down? Addresses on the letters of intent are not needed. Simple statements like in this post are fine to use > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/451118-rfe-letter-of-intent/?p=6476531

4) Like I said I will see her on Friday and get original signatures on g-325a and letter of intent. But I also want to evidence I was there with her. They don't stamp passports when you cross the border. Any suggestions?? The problems with pictures is that you don't know when you take them. I don't want there to be any question in the reviewers mind.

Photos alone are not enough proof of meeting in person. They are secondary evidence of meeting. You need some primary evidence. If you have no passport stamps, what other evidence that you have been there do you have? Any receipts? Hotels? ATM? Credit card usage while there? Any sort of 3rd party paper trail such as those should work. Some people without a lot of primary evidence also include affidavits from people that have seen them together in person on the dates you are stating you were visiting.

Thanks guys.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey guys,

1) In the 129F application, question 34 asks if I have met and see fiance withint the 2 year period immediately preeceding: the answer is YES. So it is fair that section 34a relates to how we have met in withing those two preeceding years as opposed to how we first met (which was about 5 years ago). If that is the case can I put (which is the truth)?: "I drove from my house to baja california to see her about once a month." Is it too short?

No, its perfect but list actual dates.

2) On the G-325a, I never met my biological father, nor does he appear on my birth certificate. I was raised by my step dad (but never formally adopted). I ended up changing my name to his when I became a US citizen (when I was an adult). Can I put my step dad's info in the G-325a?

Yes list your step father.

I make decent money, put just in case I would also use him as a back up for sponsor, if necessary. Any suggestions.

This doesn't matter.

3) my fiance has never been arrested. But do i need to send something from the police station/courts in mexico that she has a clean record with the initial package?

No, the Embassy will vet that out at the interview when she submits her police certificate.

I will use the letter of intent that is on this site and have her sign when I visit her this Friday. The letter of intent provided in this site has a section wherein I put the INS's address. What address to I put down?

Texas, from the instructions.

4) Like I said I will see her on Friday and get original signatures on g-325a and letter of intent. But I also want to evidence I was there with her. They don't stamp passports when you cross the border. Any suggestions??

Go to a restaurant and save the receipt, make sure it's dated.

The problems with pictures is that you don't know when you take them.

Take photos at the restaurant and maybe standing in front of it with the name in the photo.

I don't want there to be any question in the reviewers mind.

Thanks guys.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I wouldn't put your step-father down for the G-325A, since he is not your biological father. You don't know who your biological father is, so you put UNKNOWN for all questions asking about it.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Another vote for only listing your biological father's information as UNKNOWN. Don't put your step-father on the G-325A. Co-sponsors do not have to be blood relations, he will still be able to co-sponsor you if needed, without being listed on any other forms.

07/19/2011 - Met while we were both working in Kuwait

03/18/2013 - I left Kuwait at the end of my contract and returned to the States

07/19/2013 - Got engaged!

09/24/2013 - Mailed in the I-129F packet to TSC

10/01/2013 - Received NOA-1

11/05/2013 - Received NOA-2

12/02/2013 - NVC receives the paperwork

12/03/2013 - Case number assigned

12/06/2013 - Case shipped to embassy

12/29/2013 - Case received by embassy

01/02/2014 - Interview scheduled for January 15th

01/07/2014 - Medical exam

01/11/2014 - Interview pushed back to January 22nd

01/22/2014 - Had the interview, was put into AP pending more documentation

01/26/2014 - Visa approved!

03/18/2014 - She entered USA

04/04/2014 - Married!

05/01/2014 - Filed AOS

05/09/2014 - AOS NOA

06/05/2014 - RFE for tax returns I didn't have when we filed

07/06/2014 - Biometrics appt in STL

08/13/2014 - The dreaded NPIW letter

04/25/2015 - E-mail notification of Green Card Approval!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The step father is not your actual biological or legal father since you are not adopted, and should not be listed as such. As I and others stated, if you do not know info about your father, then put Unknown. My husband only knew his father's name and the rest was Unknown.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.