Kev-N-Ann

Entering Atlanta POE on a K1

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

I'm going to go through Atlanta POE on a K1 Visa by the end of this month. Any advice on how the process goes and what to expect? What are the questions they ask? Should I notify someone that I'm there on a K1 visa?

Any information will be greatly appreciated smile.png

greek_american_flag100.gif

Vda4m4.png

Timeline

Thank you! I saw those, but I have to go into every person's timeline to see what visa they had applied for. I thought maybe I could get some answers from people with a K1 visa

Vda4m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Kev-N-Ann

ATL is my POE on a K-1 visa last Nov 7, 2013. Once you exited from the plane there are guide signs where to go. First to the immigration area to process your passport and other papers. If you are confuse ask, there are many airport staffs that will help you find your way. Enter to the tourist/non-citizen area and fall in line (again ask if you are not sure). Once in line hold your folder and passport so the staff can identify you as K1 visa holder and guide you to appropriate line. It depends on the Immigration officer this time if he will ask you questions and process your finger prints or not. One finace ahead of me was ask many questions but no finger print taken by the immigration officer in booth where we fall in line before she was ushered to the immigration officers who will process the K visa (check papers and enter it into the system). Me on the other hand was only asked if its my first time to be in US (it was my 7th trip already) so he asked me to put my right four fingers and took my picture before ushering me to the same immigration officers where the other lady was already waiting (there were 2 officers in the booth that time). While waiting she was called for finger printing and ask some questions and told to take sit and wait again. I was called and ask if we set date for wedding already (which I answered yes, and gave him date and the name of church were we will have the wedding; we set to get married in Catholic church we did the preparation already while still processing the K1 visa). He gave me a piece of paper that I need to read (basically this contains instructions what we need to do) and I'm done and told to go pick my luggage. I was done before the lady ahead of me. As I said earlier it will really depends on the officer processing your papers. After you get your luggage you will go to exit where a custom officer is waiting. depending on what stuff you have with you. My previous trips I was told to exit right away, this time I was told to pass through another xray machine because I was carry some food from my country. They just check if it fresh (which you are not allowed to bring; there are some processed ingredients that are not allowed too). They allowed all my stuffs to enter. Then off to exit already. Total it took me 30mins only.

I hope this will help. Don't worry they are nice. Have a safe trip

I went through Atlanta, with ma US fiance. We went through citizen line (long line but not as long as tourist) but after checking my husband and taking my biometrics we were sent over to the "Tripod" area. The paperwork was handed to the officer and we were waiting for about 20 min before being seen. I was them told we have 90 days to get married and that was it.

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Timeline

Thank you very much, Atlcat & agnesb!

My fiance won't be travelling with me and, as I understand, it goes smoother when the USC is together with the alien fiance.

Anyway! You helped a lot! I just wanted to have an idea of what is going to happen smile.png

Vda4m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Kev-N-Ann tell to ur fiance to take me with her inside her luggage :P best of luck guys!!! filakia!!!

01-08-2013 : We decided to be a couple and walk on the same life path!!!!

06-08-2013 : I traveled to the US to stay with my man for 3 months. We got engaged!!!!

Meanwhile :

July 2013 : My fiancé apply for his citizenship.

November 2013 : My fiancé become an American citizen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-23-2013 : We sent I-129F form.

12-30-2013 : I-129F NOA1.

01-06-2014 : I-129F RFE ( fee mistake - we sent 341$ not 340$ ) + NOA1 Hardcopy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USCIS

01-22-2014 : We re-sent I-124F form.

01-24-2014 : I-129F NOA 1.

01-27-2014 : Case Number changed.

01-28-2014 : Alien Registration Number changed.

01-31-2014 : NOA1 Hardcopy.

02-07-2014 : Expedite requested.

02-10-2014 : Requested expedite denied.

04-28-2014 : Expedite requested (financial loss).

05-02-2014 : Email received requesting evidence to expedite + we sent evidence right away.

05-05-2014 : Expedite request approved (we called uscis on 05/08 and they told us that got approved).

05-08-2014 : NOA2

05-12-2014 : Uscis mail us noa2

05-14-2014 : Noa2 hardcopy received

05-21-2014 : Noa2 hardcopy received again with date 05-12-2014

NVC

05-22-2014 : Case Creation Date

05-29-2014 : NVC Left

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Embassy

06-06-2014 : Received By Consulate

06-10-2014 : Received Package 3

06-18-2014 : Package 3 Sent

07-01-2014 : Received Package 4

07-07-2014 : Medical Exam

07-17-2014 : Interview (221g) (Administrative Processing)

07-17-2014 : Sent back an email as they asked

as1cOAY0g411110MDAwNDMwbHwwMDAyMDlsfFdlI[/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband was alone and he went through in about 20-30 minutes. It was not too busy at the time though. Sometimes Atlanta can be very crowded. Review in our timeline.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

My husband was alone and he went through in about 20-30 minutes. It was not too busy at the time though. Sometimes Atlanta can be very crowded. Review in our timeline.

Thank you for your answer! I read your review smile.png

I have been through Atlanta POE three times already, when visiting him, so I know my way around the airport. Having a feed back on how the procedure goes when it comes to entering on a K1, is very helpful!

Vda4m4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.