nirma108

I-134 letter from the employer

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello!

My fiance' asked the company where he works the letter to attached to the I-134. They don't want to write the status of employment, they are okay with writing "full time job position" without mention the word " permanent". As I read on what requires to be written in the letter it seems that it needs to say if it is a permanent job or not.

Can anyone tell me if "full time job position" is okay for job status?

Thanks

Lucia

Hello!

My fiance' asked the company where he works the letter to attached to the I-134. They don't want to write the status of employment, they are okay with writing "full time job position" without mention the word " permanent". As I read on what requires to be written in the letter it seems that it needs to say if it is a permanent job or not.

Can anyone tell me if "full time job position" is okay for job status?

Thanks

Lucia

Not a prob. They don't want to write permanent because it could have legal repercussions later (very remote, but they are just covering). "Full time" is ok.

While most people call a full time permanent; no one actually has a permanent position, except maybe some lifetime members of COngress

Filed: Timeline

What private sector job is permanent? Especially these days. You're only employed until they decide you are not employed, and that ain't a permanent situation. This is a new requirement for the I-134 and it's not reasonable to ask your employer to make that statement. I know they're trying to differentiate from jobs that are by contract temporary; meaning 3-months, 6-months, and so on. A simple statement on company letterhead that includes:

Full time/part time

Date of hire

Salary

I thought letter from employer was not required from employer and that paystubs and W-2s were good enough?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

I thought letter from employer was not required from employer and that paystubs and W-2s were good enough?

Read the instructions for the I-134 carefully. It is in fact requested on the I-134 instructions with a statement that reads:

"Failure to provide evidence of sufficient income or financial resources may result in the denial of the alien's application for a visa or his or her removal from the United States"

It also provides a detailed list of what is considered evidence. The letter from the employer is as previously mentioned here with the three criteria. That includes whether the position is temporary or permanent. Everything you provide them is considered evidence. The more the better. W2s, tax returns, bank statements, check stubs, deposits from current and former employers and so on. However, I have no intention to ask my employer to state whether my job is temporary or permanent. It's a stupid question in my opinion.

Edited by CNTrav

So is it required I submit a letter? I have W-2s paystubs and tax returns

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/478644-is-letter-from-employer-mandatory/

Many people on this thread said it's not mandatory. And my employer refuses to write letter!

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

So is it required I submit a letter? I have W-2s paystubs and tax returns

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/478644-is-letter-from-employer-mandatory/

Many people on this thread said it's not mandatory. And my employer refuses to write letter!

It's not required. None of the supporting evidence is required. However, the more you can provide the better. There are several cases of employers that refuse to write such a letter. As long as you have your W2s and tax returns, bank statements you'll do just fine. No worries.

It's not required. None of the supporting evidence is required. However, the more you can provide the better. There are several cases of employers that refuse to write such a letter. As long as you have your W2s and tax returns, bank statements you'll do just fine. No worries.

So I will be OK with just W-2s, tax returns and bank statements?

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

So I will be OK with just W-2s, tax returns and bank statements?

You've already stated that your employer refuses to write the simple letter for whatever reason, but you cannot force them to do it. Remember, they are requesting evidence of your employment and income. The very best evidence you have of your job and income are W2s, tax returns, bank statements, and pay stubs. If your income is above 100% the poverty guideline you are in good shape, and 125% is even better. I've never heard of anyone get denied for not having an employer letter when they were able to provide the other forms of requested evidence.

I'm way way over the 125% requirement. :)

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.