cat&adam

Medical appointment done but not complete

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiancée and her 3 children went to the medical interview at the Bentinck Mansions on Wednesday 5 February. If anyone seen her with her brother and the 3 children they would remember her, lol she would have been the one freaking out about having to get stuck for blood work... she absolutely fears all needles! But apart from the awful time she had getting around with the Tube strike everything went off well. In fact the female doctor she said she had was wonderful.

Now my fiancée needs to have one letter signed from her personal doctor which we expected and as I expected that Dr has told her it will be a month before he can even see her. cray5ol.gif

So I assume everything in regards to the medical being sent to the Embassy will be on hold pending this form to be faxed.

If anyone in the forums has 2 or more children as part of the K1 or K2 process might want to call now to schedule a medical. My fiancée got lucky called on Friday the 31st of January and was told the only appointment for a large family of 3 or 4 was Wednesday the 5th (only because someone cancelled) otherwise it was a 6 month wait for the next open appointment. Needless to say we were expecting a 2-4 week gap between calling and making the appointment so it was a very last minute rush to get train tickets and such.

We have been lucky... started the I-129f process around the first of November 2013 and we are almost at the Embassy interview.

Couple quick questions will the embassy notify us when they have the completed medical?

Should I wait to pay the online fees for the visa's unit she is more near the time frame she will actually be scheduled to go to the interview?

Met Cat in England while I was stationed there - 23 Sep, 2011

Engaged - 14 Feb 2012

Reassigned to USA - 6 Jun 2012

Cat came to visit me in the states - 23 Jun thru 21 Aug 2012

I Visited Cat in the UK - 26 Feb thru 17 Mar 2013

I-129f sent - 22 Oct 2013

I-129f NOA1 - 29 Oct 2013

NOA2 - 13 Nov 2013 (Time from NOA1 to NOA2 14 days)

NVC received - 17 Dec 2013

NVC left - 23 Dec 2013

Consulate received - 7 Jan 2014

Packet 3 and LND # assigned - 23 January 2014

Medical London Knightsbridge - 05 Feb 2014

Medical clearance on hold for one form from Cat's Doctor. Appointment made for 28 February.

Medical finally done 2 May 2014

Status changed 8 May 2014 ready

Packet 4/interview date letter received 14 May 2014

Paid MRV fee 4 Visas $1016 Receipt in hand

Interview Scheduled for 9 June 2014

1) No, the Embassy will not notify you. You will only know when you see a CEAC status update (look at the date updated field, it will be roughly 3-4 days after you fax this GP's letter to Knightsbridge).

2) If you read this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/?p=6741239 you will see that you do all that when you have your interview date so long as you've completed every step in Post #4.

Edited by Wheatley

"What's yours is mine!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.