~Jackie~

The last Saturday thread of 2006

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

catherine, i'm so glad you're ok.... take care

mbp - what kind of car did u end up getting?

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy New Year

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Darn!! I could have driven off with a Dodge Magnum which had only 25 miles on it. . . instead all I got was a Nissan maxima (2500 miles on that one)!!!

I'd take the Maxima over a Magnum any day! :dance:

mbp - what kind of car did u end up getting?

Despite Jackie's great sell for a nissan (Seriously Jackie- they should pay you to do endorsements!) I ended up with a Honda Civic. I'll post a pic soon.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

What color did ya get?

Jackie

It's called atomic blue. The online version is not very pretty, but in person- wow gorgeous!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

ooooooooooooo bluuuuuuuuuuuuue...my car is a metalic gun metal blue....I just can't get enough!!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Heater repair people finally got here at 4:30 this afternoon. So it was a nice toasty 59/60 degrees in my house all day. It turns out that the main control board for the furnace shorted out and he didn't have one with him in the van and the office was already closed for the day, meaning he wouldn't be able to check the office until Tuesday, at which point if they have one, he can come install it, and if they don't have one, he will have to order it and it won't be in until Friday. Called the landlord and she will reimburse me for the two space heaters my son and I went out to buy this evening. It's not quite the same as regular heat, but sure beats freezing to death.

Not exactly how I wanted to spend a three day weekend, but I guess I should remember to thank Allah for all that I have, instead of complaining about what I don't have. :P

Jean, we are all dying to hear how everything went!!

And Noura, best wishes for a storm free wonderful day tomorrow for your wedding. :) Congratulations to you both.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I drove to Portland OR for the day to meet with a friend who was in town from Calif...yeah that makes sense. Just got back. Had a great time seeing him and his new wife. They met on the internet and then she came down and married him after just two weeks. I just hope they don't get into trouble with immigration, since she came here without a visa with the clear intent to marry. :blink: I told them they may want to check out VJ and make sure they are doing things right. I don't know who they are getting their advice from but it sounded kind of weird to me, but then I'm not an AOS expert. Barely a K1 expert.

I will either rent movies or go to my parents and watch the countdown at the Space Needle with a supplly of Hickory Farms and Sparkling Cider. My son is with his father for the weekend so it's just me and the dog.

C2: Take care of yourself and get some rest. I hope you don't find any more injuries. What a way to meet a cop. My sister did that when she was 16--slid into the chief of police on a snowy road (that she had been told NOT to drive on mind you) . Unfortunately he was a little old for her. He was single and she says to this day that if she had been a bit older, she might of went for it. :yes:

MBP: congrats on the car.

Sarah: Did you get the 3 lambs? (yes I saw that triple post)

Melly: Glad you are finally warm.

Jenn: Be careful with that cooking. Maybe we should pitch in and get you cooking lessons for a late Christmas gift.

Jackie: I miss the chat room with you!

Everyone else: Have a safe and Happy New Year.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Maggie- I'm off to buy some lamb in the morning.

ps. Jenn is an excellent cook, we need to pitch in and buy her a new oven!

Filed: Timeline
Darn!! I could have driven off with a Dodge Magnum which had only 25 miles on it. . . instead all I got was a Nissan maxima (2500 miles on that one)!!!

I'd take the Maxima over a Magnum any day! :dance:

On a long term basis . . . . I prefer the car that got bashed in, waaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! my poor little Laser Red 9-3!!!

The Magnum is ok . . . roomier than the Maxima (Enterprise picked me up in one), but I think the Maxima is more size-friendly (i.e. I am 5 foot short and it is hard to reach everything).

If I have to buy a new car, it wil be . . . . . LASER RED!! :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I woke up to the sound of the heater working. It's set to automatically go from it's night temp of 62 all the way up to 70, starting at 7 a.m. Then at 9 a.m. it shuts itself back down to 62.

Problem is, when I walked downstairs, and under a heater vent, I felt cold air.

Lo and behold, when I looked at the thermostat I found it was a not so toasty 59 degrees. At 7:15.

:crying:

I called the place that installed the furnace cos I know my landlord has a service contract, but the witch on the phone was really rude and insisted that I had to call the landlord and have her call for permission to send a service technician out, even though I never had to do that before.

Oy!!!

So I got to call my landlord at 7:30.

And I'm now freezing. And waiting.

Melly, it's your pilot.

I had the same sh.... 2 months ago. I asked my neighboor, he got it working and showed me how to do it next time (if i don't forget). Hope you're not freezing anymore!

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Actually I thought it was the pilot too but the repair guy was here for 45 minutes and he said it was something on the main control board that wasn't working right.

And I'm warm enough as long as I don't move from in front of the space heater. :D

Could be worse I'm sure.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
ps. Jenn is an excellent cook, we need to pitch in and buy her a new oven!

:lol:

Thanks, Sarah!

OK Jenn: New oven it is!!!

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.