hakobrena

K1 DENIED WE CAN'R BELIVE THIS???

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

How long ago did that happened to you? and did your Initial Review status change to Decision, Denial as well or no? Mine changed.

How did you find out it wasn't a Denial, that its just a Service Request??

How did you find out it wasn't a Denial, that its just a Service Request??

Well your case seems to be pretty complicated with all of the different things you've been hearing, so unforunately, I can't say that your situation will have the same result as mine. Also, I applied for the K1(see my timeline in my signature) last year during the halt of petitions (massive backlog) so no one's statuses changed until RIGHT before approval or denial. As I said, I was confused because you said that you requested a service request and received a denial, and from the way I read it, it appeared that your service request may have been denied because your case is already in the final stages of being at USCIS and being adjudicated. I have seen that happen before as well.

Just hang in there, wait for the letter, and then see what your options are then. Wish you the best of luck!

Edited by k.dlg

Our Visa Journey(s)

K-1 Visa
01/15/2013 - Sent I-129F overnight via Fedex
07/17/2013 - Sent to London
*** Abandoned K1 Visa route due to wedding plans that could NOT be changed**

07/27/2013 - Married in TX!!

CR-1 Visa
09/12/2013 - Sent I-130 overnight via Fedex
09/18/2013 - NOA1 - E-mail and text - Sent to NBC Overland Park
03/03/2014 - Case Transferred to CSC
03/27/2014 - NOA2 - E-mail and text - APPROVED!!!
04/04/2014 - NVC Received

05/05/2014 - Case Number & IIN Assigned

05/08/2014 - Submitted DS-261

05/10/2014 - AOS Available/Paid/Sent Package

05/13/2014 - AOS Package Received/Fee withdrawn (Scanned on 5/15) - Happy bday to me! :)

05/14/2014 - AOS Shows as PAID

05/19/2014 - IV Available/Paid/Sent Package

05/20/2014 - IV Fee withdrawn/Shows as PAID/DS-260 Available & Submitted

05/21/2014 - IV Package Received (Scanned on 5/23)

06/13/2014 - AOS Approved

06/26/2014 - CASE COMPLETE!!! (Confirmed by call, AOS changed to N/A)

07/10/2014 - Interview date assigned!!!! (August 19th)

07/11/2014 - Received Interview letter via e-mail

07/21/2014 - Hubby's medical (Passed!)/E-mail sent to embassy requesting earlier date

07/23/2014 - Interview rescheduled!!

08/04/2014 - INTERVIEW IN LONDON!! - APPROVED!!!!! :luv:

08/12/2014 - VISA IN HAND!!

08/30/2014 - POE in Houston!!

352 days from filing to POE

*Full timeline in profile

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

07/07/2016 - Sent I-751 overnight via USPS

07/08/2016 - CSC received & NOA1

07/21/2016 - Biometrics letter received
07/25/2016 - Walk-in Biometrics Appt (Org. appt - 8/2)

"Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars."

- Gilbert Parker

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dont panic....when i initially send the petition i didnt send any evidence so i was denied also,then i fronloaded with every thing they listed which made her interview go smoother so she was approved without even been asked for pic.

They kept my affidavit of support,paystubs and proofs of assets.Just make you frontload with every thing listed in the RFE....Good luck.

Timeline

Yes I submitted Service Request on 1/23/14 and yesterday on 2/4/14 I get a text message from uscis that my status online has been updated, when I looked at it the Initial Review had already changed to Decision. Denied looks like this:

On February 4, 2014, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of February 4, 2014, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

But also today on 2/5/14 I get an email from them saying:

The status of this service request is:

On 01/23/2014, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

On 02/04/2014, after you inquired about your I129F, we sent your notice to you using the most recent address we have on file. The original notice should arrive within 45 days.

What You Can Do
Please follow any instructions on the notice, respond to the notice by the response deadline, and submit any requested information along with the original notice with your response.

Important Information
We encourage you to respond to the notice by the response deadline. Regulations do not provide for an extension of time to respond to our notice.

If you do not respond to our notice by the response deadline, we will deny your petition/application due to abandonment. You may not appeal a denial due to abandonment; however, you may re-file your petition or application at your earliest convenience.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS IT????? This letter said that If I don't reply to this letter, ONLY THEN my petition will be denied! But yesterday I received a text that it is already denied???? What does it look like to you??? I also spoke to Tier2 Officer today, he stated that on his computer it doesn't say denial. It still says the case is Pending. I asked him if there is any RFE, he said no, they don't seem to need anything else from me. Maybe their computers are not updated????

Dont panic....when i initially send the petition i didnt send any evidence so i was denied also,then i fronloaded with every thing they listed which made her interview go smoother so she was approved without even been asked for pic.
They kept my affidavit of support,paystubs and proofs of assets.Just make you frontload with every thing listed in the RFE....Good luck.

What exactly did you do??? You reapplied? *fronloaded or appealed?

Timeline

The letter will list the reasons why you were denied...so its like you are replying to them,not refiling...i sent about 77pics,photocopied my passports showing the stamps to proof my visits,had bank statements proving i bought the tickets,phone records from phone company,chat logs,proof of divorce from ex....list goes on but just follow what the letter asked for,in my case atleast these are the things asked for...they just needed proof since i didnt send any initially.

Timeline

The letter will list the reasons why you were denied...so its like you are replying to them,not refiling...i sent about 77pics,photocopied my passports showing the stamps to proof my visits,had bank statements proving i bought the tickets,phone records from phone company,chat logs,proof of divorce from ex....list goes on but just follow what the letter asked for,in my case atleast these are the things asked for...they just needed proof since i didnt send any initially.

Oh you did that after the Denial? How soon did it take to approve?

Timeline

About 2months

tell me more pleaseeee.... And you didn't have to Reply or appeal? You are saying that after the Denial you just send them needed information and documents??? That gives me hope :(

About 2months

did you read the letter they send me by mail???

Timeline

Yes,our journey took 1yrs exactly...i filed jan of 2013 and she was approved jan of 2014 but i feel like if i had frontloaded when i sent the petition initially it wouldnt have took that long....yes i just replied to their list....just relax and reply to the request to detail.

Timeline

What You Can Do

Please follow any instructions on the notice, respond to the notice by the response deadline, and submit any requested information along with the original notice with your response.

You dont have the notice mentioned?

OP: If you sent out a decently complete I-129F packet (with letters of intent, G-325As, proof of meeting, etc) then a denial at this stage is probably due to a missed RFE. It could be that one of you is not free to marry and that was discovered during the review. Your copy/pasted denial notice seems like a denial, to me, not a failed service request. It says I-129F denied. I suppose there is a glimmer of hope that it is just a message error.

Have you been following along in your monthly filers thread to see similar timelines to you? That can be good to gauge if you have been sent a RFE and never got the mail.

But, you won't know until you get the hard copy. You can most likely refile, unless one of you is not free to marry or something. A missed RFE is a procedural error, and you would be denied without prejudice. If you never got the RFE you could chase down some USCIS error, though it's probably something to do with the post office, if that is it. Good luck.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

What You Can Do

You dont have the notice mentioned?

Not yet, I haven't received yet. It says I will receive it within 15 days. I soooo hope that I still have a chance with this Denied petition

Timeline

OP: If you sent out a decently complete I-129F packet (with letters of intent, G-325As, proof of meeting, etc) then a denial at this stage is probably due to a missed RFE. It could be that one of you is not free to marry and that was discovered during the review. Your copy/pasted denial notice seems like a denial, to me, not a failed service request. It says I-129F denied. I suppose there is a glimmer of hope that it is just a message error.

Have you been following along in your monthly filers thread to see similar timelines to you? That can be good to gauge if you have been sent a RFE and never got the mail.

But, you won't know until you get the hard copy. You can most likely refile, unless one of you is not free to marry or something. A missed RFE is a procedural error, and you would be denied without prejudice. If you never got the RFE you could chase down some USCIS error, though it's probably something to do with the post office, if that is it. Good luck.

thank you.... We both are free to marry, I had my finalize divorse in 2000 and included a copy of it in my papers. Also included boarding passes of 2 times visiting his country, included pictures with 2 visits, my 2 passport stamps, cover letter as well and phone bills. The only things that I might be missing is letters of intend to marry, which they could of asked but never asked. I called uscis pretty often and asked if anything else is needed, they never said anything else is needed. Infact they always said that my case looks good with no problems and with no missing documents. Im soooo upset and confused :(

Timeline

thank you.... We both are free to marry, I had my finalize divorse in 2000 and included a copy of it in my papers. Also included boarding passes of 2 times visiting his country, included pictures with 2 visits, my 2 passport stamps, cover letter as well and phone bills. The only things that I might be missing is letters of intend to marry, which they could of asked but never asked. I called uscis pretty often and asked if anything else is needed, they never said anything else is needed. Infact they always said that my case looks good with no problems and with no missing documents. Im soooo upset and confused sad.png

After submitting my i129-F I already visited him 2 more times, that uscis don't have. We got engaged the last time I was there. So all together I visited him 4 times within 1 year and planning another visit in March. We don't have any facebook or other sites chats, but we do have Skype chats that I never submitted. Maybe its the age diffirence of 7 years and I have 2 kids. He was never married. And non of us have criminal records

Just wait till you get that and hope in it are list of reasons for denial....good luck

Thank you sooo much for your support..... it is really needed at a time like this...............

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.